Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Listing kids on these teams has definitely always been part of the deal. I’m not sure why they’d go top secret now. In fact I’m sure the GA parents are hoping that the league will build out the site with team info, rosters, etc. just like DA did Since the point is exposure and all.
    I'm sure parents want it so they can look up other players and talk about them. College coaches? Highly doubt it.

Comment

Can't imagine a college coach doing anything other than reaching out to the club and/or coach and asking.
      I can. Who is #15 on the red team? WIth the way it was, a coach can have the answer in 60 seconds.

And if you are paranoid for some reason that you have a stalker, then just ask not to list your child.

Comment

They may only have roster of one team from game footage and not both. Particularly in this climate. A lot of recruiting needs to be done via video like everything else in the world these days.

Don't take my money and then hide my team's roster after I sign up. My player has always been listed with her high-level team. That is the point of these ridiculous leagues. If you want to keep everything a big secret, then why play in a recruiting league like the ECNL? The reason to play in the league is exposure for most of the kids.

If you do not want your kid listed, write to the club and league and tell them to not list your player on the roster.
        Fill out the recruiting questionnaire for every college your kid is interested in and specific that she's on an ECNL team. That will accomplish everything you would get out of having your kid listed on a roster on the ECNL website.

Comment

I'm sure parents want it so they can look up other players and talk about them. College coaches? Highly doubt it.
          This makes no sense.

Comment

I can. Who is #15 on the red team? WIth the way it was, a coach can have the answer in 60 seconds.

And if you are paranoid for some reason that you have a stalker, then just ask not to list your child.
            What coach watches video to scout players who haven't reached out to them? Maybe some D2 and mediocre D3 schools, but can't imagine anyone else doing that.

Comment

This makes no sense.
              What makes no sense?

Comment

You sound like someone who has yet to go through the college recruiting process.

Comment

Fill out the recruiting questionnaire for every college your kid is interested in and specific that she's on an ECNL team. That will accomplish everything you would get out of having your kid listed on a roster on the ECNL website.
                  You do that. I also want the exposure from the roster and everything else. Only in HS ages. Do not care what they do with the younger players.

Comment

You do that. I also want the exposure from the roster and everything else. Only in HS ages. Do not care what they do with the younger players.
                    Have you ever been through the college recruiting process?

Comment

You sound like someone who has yet to go through the college recruiting process.
                      You sound like you are done with it so just move on and leave the rest of us alone.

Comment

You sound like you are done with it so just move on and leave the rest of us alone.
                        I'm done with my first. Still have 2 to go. Couldn't care less about roster being listed on ECNL website as it relates to the college recruiting process.

Comment

I'm done with my first. Still have 2 to go. Couldn't care less about roster being listed on ECNL website as it relates to the college recruiting process.
                          ok. we can agree to disagree.

Comment

To know how many players a club puts on their rosters is good information when searching for a team. Have some independent verification of what some of these sleazy clubs are claiming.

Comment

I want to use roster list to know two things: do they have 30 players listed and Do they have anyone on the team whose horrible parents I want to avoid.

Comment

I want to use roster list to know two things: do they have 30 players listed and Do they have anyone on the team whose horrible parents I want to avoid.
                                Yes! as far as youth soccer goes - do not trust and always verify.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X