Eastern Washington Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EPD program actually makes sense for an area like Eastern Washington. There aren’t any ECNL or DA teams and the population is geographically dispersed. It also helps that PSPL has really mismanaged their East Washington Academy program. From what I could tell there were a ton of WE, Surf, ASE, and CWS kids there. Intended or not, it is actually nice that kids from different clubs and leagues to be able to play together and not have to worry about soccer politics for a bit. I think they are going to have to make cuts for some age groups. I heard some had 40 or 50 kids and you can’t effectively train that many unless you double the coaching staff. We were also told two teams which is good because I certainly saw enough competent players. The gap between player 10 and player 30 was nearly non-existent. Obviously I am a little biased but, in my kids age group, I saw a group of 18 players that could go to AZ and actually be competitive. That has not been the norm for EWA EPD in the past...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I agree EPD tryouts doubled. I wonder if they will actually make cuts. My kid was told there would be 2 teams, 4 keepers. Only one travelling team. Which leads me to believe there will be cuts. The coaching roster also changed quite a bit. A lot of new faces. Last year folks were posting about how EPD was becoming less relevant and probably wouldn't last. This turnout makes it seem like the team is gaining in popularity?
      EPD, like PSPL Surf Academy, are increasingly irrelevant. It cannot be said with a straight face that the best players in the state are in those programs. The best players are actually staying away from those programs and pursuing different, more cost effective and arguably better programs. Real development is happening in good clubs with good coaches teaching quality content with consistency. Consistency and frequency in training is key. The players can't get that in EPD or PSPL Surf Academy.

Comment

I would assess that the best players in Eastern Washington are in EPD. I don’t think many are community somewhere for DA or ECNL. It is a perfectly relevant platform for Eastern Washington.

Comment

I know of several Top Spokane Sounders players who have taken on the challenge of commuting for Crossfire and Reign Academy. I would love to know how that is going. I am not convinced EWA EPD is good for much other than giving kids the experience of working with different coaches and learning to be responsible while travelling. They only have practice once a month if you are lucky and it seems each year the coaching staff moves on. Just depends what your goals are. If you want to get noticed and get involved in an exceptional soccer program, you wont find it in Eastern Washington.

Comment

Reign Academy? Who in their right mind would commute from Spokane to Seattle for Girls’ DA?

Comment

Its happening and its got to be exhausting.

Comment

Rumors abound in Spokane...

Wonder if FC Spokane’s “partnership” lasts more than half a season this time?

Comment

Rumors abound in Spokane...

Wonder if FC Spokane’s “partnership” lasts more than half a season this time?
                  Surf partnership?

Comment

Washington East

Comment

Reign Academy? Who in their right mind would commute from Spokane to Seattle for Girls’ DA?
                      Yeah, from a functional standpoint how would that even work!?! It's like 8 hours without traffic.

Let alone the fact it would be ridiculously expensive.

But, if 'ya got the dough the kid can go. They'll take your money.

Comment

Crossfire have been doing it for years. It's just insane.

Comment

Still early, but doesn’t look like the Sounders ECNL journey is going too well so far. Hopefully they can turn it around. Their U13+ Boys B teams also got placed into RCL D3 or 4 by WYS. Traveling state-wide for RCL 3/4 has to be a tough sell to parents in Spokane.

Comment

New year, anything different?... How are the local clubs looking? Anyone have any thoughts on which club they would recommend for younger boys? Are any more serious/competitive than the others?

Comment

New year, anything different?... How are the local clubs looking? Anyone have any thoughts on which club they would recommend for younger boys? Are any more serious/competitive than the others?
                              Find a coach, not a Club. Especially in Eastern Washington. I assume you are referring to Spokane. Generally, I would recommend WE or Surf, but Clubs haven’t announced (and won’t for a few more months) coaching assignments beyond HS Boys.

Comment

Find a coach, not a Club. Especially in Eastern Washington. I assume you are referring to Spokane. Generally, I would recommend WE or Surf, but Clubs haven’t announced (and won’t for a few more months) coaching assignments beyond HS Boys.
                                Good to know. Thanks. I have heard similar things. Any recommended coaches to keep an eye out for? Any thoughts on differences between Surf and WE? The WE parents I have spoken to seem to be pretty evangelical about the club, but Surf seems to have more teams at each age group, so practices could be closer to home.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X