Derry Socccerclub

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new board is trying. 100%. I'm rooting for them. They need to cut loose a couple old members though.

Comment

Communication from DSC

Soccer Family,
      We are pleased to announce that we are working on a plan to hold games and practices for the Fall Soccer Season. We have been in contact with the NHSA and surrounding towns to get ideas on what they are doing and what we can do to make sure that our families, players and coaches are safe. We are working with town officials to get our written plan of re-starting practices and games approved. There are a lot of moving parts however we are excited at the thought of seeing the kids and smiles back on the fields.
      In addition, we would like to reiterate how much we value your comments and feedback. Please reach out if you would like to volunteer as we will need many hands to help facilitate all the changes that need to be made for everyone's safety. Contact us at DSC@derrysoccerclub.org
      We will continue to relay information as it comes. We appreciate your patience as we try to navigate the waters of uncertainty.
      Regards,
      Derry Soccer Club

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If SC and ML step aside, there will be hope. Curious why SC is still involved without a kid playing. They also need to get others involved that are not members of the one particular team that rules the board currently. It's a bad look. They receive opportunities that other teams don't, and it's going to be SC, part 2 if they're not careful.
        Not curious in the least - its power. He gets to waddle around the fields and boast about "his" club and the BnB's futsal team (which is not that great anymore, BTW. Its power and authority to him - maybe the only bit of power and authority he has in life - surely none at home. Ouch!

Comment

Wow - enough information here. I am late to the party and don't know much about the recent regime.

I am new to Derry and visited a few of the meetings. The people that were there were willing to answer my questions, many of them, and were quite tranasparent. It seems as though they are trying to get as much involvement as possible from anybody that will be willing to help. It is true that there seems to be a great deal of parent representation from one team's parents. However, they seem to be trying to get things in order. It was mentioned that they have been trying to maintain the club first and then grow it. They don't know all the parts and still trying to learn it all because they have added 7+ members and also elected a new President with the Vice President open.

As a concerned parent who is new to Derry and the program, it is troubling to see all the bad. On the flip side, maybe I am getting here in time because what I was met with was quite different.
          Sorry to break this news to you, but it is all factual and accurate. The problem with the DSC, and it has been this way for many many years, going back to the GB regime with PG as travel director and DB as equipment czar - none of these guys have ever played the game! It was in there tenure that the modern game and landscape in NH changed dramatically, but they were not able to or refused to adapt - always looking to the past about this team or that that won this game or that. A true Halitosis Hall then ! But they handed the reins of a very well capitalized and functioning club when their kids were long gone to DC and SC and it got real bad very quickly. All due to their desire for power and to further their youngest, as has been quite adeptly posted earlier. DC and SC ran that club in to the ground. They then handed their critical condition patient to a well meaning ML who had no idea what to do - and SC and DC all were there as sounding boards. Meanwhile - the number of teams signing up were falling and the overhead was rising exponentially. In the end - and this is what should matter to you, the Derry soccer club is a bunch of well meaning parents who have no idea how to run a club and/or train a soccer team. If your kid has any talent or desire for the game of soccer, it will be well worth your while to look past any of these "town" clubs and look to bigger clubs. Used to say GPS and Seacoast, but whether it is a GPS rebranded Seacoast or a Seacoast NH team - your son or daughter will grow through the system quicker and be recognized faster and placed early to take advantage of what Seacoast has to offer, not to mention being exposed to a level so much higher than the DSC ever wished to be at (except a few coaches who played the old Maple, but those teams were different in all aspects). Unfortunate it's too late to get on a team now at Seacoast - but certainly an email to the powers that be at seacoast can get you a training with a team and the journey begins.

Comment

Interesting

I have to say this conversation is quite entertaining..It seems that there are some old feuds between certain Groups/People that have no relevance to this current Derry Soccer Club. Also other Clubs/Programs taking advantage of these negative comments. Either way wish the best to the Derry Soccer Club and hope that the Board and Parents of the club are successful in providing a great Soccer experience to all the players.

Comment

I have to say this conversation is quite entertaining..It seems that there are some old feuds between certain Groups/People that have no relevance to this current Derry Soccer Club. Also other Clubs/Programs taking advantage of these negative comments. Either way wish the best to the Derry Soccer Club and hope that the Board and Parents of the club are successful in providing a great Soccer experience to all the players.
              Incredibly naive statements. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. What advantage can other soccer clubs take from these posts? That’s funny. People asked and people got replies. Caveat emptor.

Comment

I don't know if the new boss is the same as the old, but I do know that SC and ML are still running things. Titles may have changed but they still run that club. Until leadership steps up with the balls to vote them out, nothing will change.

My kid's playing in Londonderry this year. Youngest of 4 and I held on thinking new leadership would help but it hasn't. Still just SC and ML calling all the shots.

Comment

More town soccer talk - yay!

Comment

Oops, sorry....DA is awesome! No it's not! Yes it is! No it's not! Yes! No! Worry about yourself! #obsessed!

That more your level? The very serious, very elite world of NH club soccer? Did you want to talk about the very elite patch your kid wears? We're listening. Go on.

Comment

More town soccer talk - yay!
                      Tool. There's a level and a league for every player. Only the insecure would consider mocking another "lower" league.

I mean...you actually had to go out of your way to click on a thread dedicated to a town soccer club, and then "post reply", type out your obnoxious comment, and get the random question wrong, then right, and then hit "submit".

Yay, indeed.

Comment

Tool. There's a level and a league for every player. Only the insecure would consider mocking another "lower" league.

I mean...you actually had to go out of your way to click on a thread dedicated to a town soccer club, and then "post reply", type out your obnoxious comment, and get the random question wrong, then right, and then hit "submit".

Yay, indeed.
                        Thank god my kid doesn't have to stoop to that level of club. yay!

Comment

Oh, for sure! Heaven forbid your star couldn't play in the ultra competitive world of NH club soccer! Churning out stars left and right.

Comment

Oh, for sure! Heaven forbid your star couldn't play in the ultra competitive world of NH club soccer! Churning out stars left and right.
                            What's more crazy is you're arguing with someone on an anonymous forum.

Comment

Thank god my kid doesn't have to stoop to that level of club. yay!
                              Such a tool. My kid isn't at "that level" either, but I don't get thumbing your nose at anyone. Remember...there's always a level above yours until you get to the top...which doesn't exist in this country. So, while you're crowing about your kid, someone else is chuckling how you had to stoop to that level of club....

Comment

Such a tool. My kid isn't at "that level" either, but I don't get thumbing your nose at anyone. Remember...there's always a level above yours until you get to the top...which doesn't exist in this country. So, while you're crowing about your kid, someone else is chuckling how you had to stoop to that level of club....
                                see post #58 - yay!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X