Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Westchester vs New York Soccer Club

Other than the fact that one club is academy, can anyone give me info on either or both of these clubs? We are considering them for our son for next year. Thank you.

go to backofthenet.com and read up there

Comment

FC Westchester, Thornwood NY

Stay away from this organization. They will NEVER return your emails and will keep all tuition fees, despite not delivering on practices and games. This organization will tout how much money they have to spend on fields, but despite the spring and fall season being cancelled, they will ignore you if you are looking for a rightful refund for half the season. They don't reply, they don't care and they will walk away with your money and give no thoughts to it. Go to NYSC or some other reputable agency. Don't waste your money or time on this organization.

Comment

I would stay away From NYSC then as well

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I would stay away From NYSC then as well
          Cross the bridge and go to WC.

Comment

Cross the bridge and go to WC.
            For a boy, Nysc has been the best between all three area clubs for a long time. Girls def world class but for boys, Nysc is far better.

Comment

Other than the fact that one club is academy, can anyone give me info on either or both of these clubs? We are considering them for our son for next year. Thank you.
              FCW for sure, 05 girls are a kick ass team by the way!

Comment

FCW for sure, 05 girls are a kick ass team by the way!
                I agree they are good and very well coached!

Comment

Stay away from this organization. They will NEVER return your emails and will keep all tuition fees, despite not delivering on practices and games. This organization will tout how much money they have to spend on fields, but despite the spring and fall season being cancelled, they will ignore you if you are looking for a rightful refund for half the season. They don't reply, they don't care and they will walk away with your money and give no thoughts to it. Go to NYSC or some other reputable agency. Don't waste your money or time on this organization.
                  Sad day when NYSC is the best option, Oy....

Comment

Sad day when NYSC is the best option, Oy....
                    I mean they have always treated theor boys pretty well and they have a very good coaching staff. Girls has been a struggle because they consistently get shortchanged in favor of the boys. Looked like they were turning it around at younger ages but this latest development with DA going away is a huge setback. Expect major loss of girl players over the next 2 years. Boys would be fine, with the MLS league it will be essentially business as usual but with less revenue from girls, that may have a cascading effect in a year or so. If I had a talented boy, I would still prefer to be in the system laddering into MLS run league over Boys ECNL.

Comment

I mean they have always treated theor boys pretty well and they have a very good coaching staff. Girls has been a struggle because they consistently get shortchanged in favor of the boys. Looked like they were turning it around at younger ages but this latest development with DA going away is a huge setback. Expect major loss of girl players over the next 2 years. Boys would be fine, with the MLS league it will be essentially business as usual but with less revenue from girls, that may have a cascading effect in a year or so. If I had a talented boy, I would still prefer to be in the system laddering into MLS run league over Boys ECNL.
                      yes, historically NYSC is well respected on the boys side, NYCFC have brought-up several of their players, Sands and Scally are NYSC alum, and yes on the girls side its going to get bleak, but honestly it was never bright, WCFC and ECNL is the gold standard in this country.

Comment

yes, historically NYSC is well respected on the boys side, NYCFC have brought-up several of their players, Sands and Scally are NYSC alum, and yes on the girls side its going to get bleak, but honestly it was never bright, WCFC and ECNL is the gold standard in this country.
                        i guess technically speaking, Gio Reyna is also a NYSC alum. Wasn't he there for a few years prior to NYCFC Academy?

Comment

i guess technically speaking, Gio Reyna is also a NYSC alum. Wasn't he there for a few years prior to NYCFC Academy?
                          yes, I can't list them all bro....

Comment

Actually Claudio was one of the co-founders, him and Mark Heffernan...

Comment

fc westchester will boast of the handful of their players who went on to mls clubs but really its a premier program at best. best years are well in the rear view window and club finances are disaster. talented and motivated players play at nysc but its very competitive and they will put you on there premier team if they can upgrade teh academy team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X