Which clubs and towns are practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably no winter soccer this year we might switch to skiing. Doubtful we can be indoors playing during flu season.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The clubs that get on the field the fastest, will be the real winners in the long run.
      Should have started today.
      And yet nobody brave enough to list their town or club who has been practicing here.
      The clubs will be back they have parents who lost a lot of money in the spring who will likely not sign on to fall with out a summer. However the towns they are not for profit, they are volunteer run. It will be harder for them to get people excited about volunteering unless the town is a competitive town, then they are likely already on the fields. But I'm guessing many towns will just sit it out on the beach and start up in the fall. poor kids.

Comment

And yet nobody brave enough to list their town or club who has been practicing here.
        The clubs will be back they have parents who lost a lot of money in the spring who will likely not sign on to fall with out a summer. However the towns they are not for profit, they are volunteer run. It will be harder for them to get people excited about volunteering unless the town is a competitive town, then they are likely already on the fields. But I'm guessing many towns will just sit it out on the beach and start up in the fall. poor kids.
        Going to the beach during the summer is not a bad thing for the kids, y'know? ;)

Comment

Going to the beach during the summer is not a bad thing for the kids, y'know? ;)
          My kids love the beach but they love their sports too. Balance.

Comment

Hmmm still no word from the towns, not surprised...the end of town soccer likely... no passion in this state, the good old days of parents organizing competitive soccer is long gone. RI soccer used to be competitive with a nice mix of a year end barbecue, now it is down the tubes. The new parents running the program look at soccer as a passing thing to do. Back when our parents ran the town soccer kids could actually go to college straight out of competitive town leagues and good high schools without having to pay a club. But now, due to the lame leaders, soccer on the town level is very weak. So what's left? Parents having to pay to play which is so wrong. The problem with town soccer in RI isn't the clubs taking all the good players. It is because of how it is run. SRI get off your butt and motivate the towns to start up the season please.

Comment

NEFC is practicing.

Comment

My 11 year old plays for his town competitive team (fall, wimter and spring), premier club, futsal and ODP during the winter. We are definitely into soccer. But, it's June and pretty much the end of the season. Other than backyard play and pickup games (organized and unorganized), we are ready for summer break. August to June is a long season. Kids need a break, mentally and physically. Practicing in the summer heat sucks. We'll welcome soccer back in August, but for now we'll enjoy everything else in life - I don't think this makes me or my son any less serious about soccer.

Comment

My 11 year old plays for his town competitive team (fall, wimter and spring), premier club, futsal and ODP during the winter. We are definitely into soccer. But, it's June and pretty much the end of the season. Other than backyard play and pickup games (organized and unorganized), we are ready for summer break. August to June is a long season. Kids need a break, mentally and physically. Practicing in the summer heat sucks. We'll welcome soccer back in August, but for now we'll enjoy everything else in life - I don't think this makes me or my son any less serious about soccer.
                  But your kid didn’t play spring so your looking at no soccer mid March -Sept that’s too long a break. Maybe not for your kid but for many kids. 5 mos!

Comment

But your kid didn’t play spring so your looking at no soccer mid March -Sept that’s too long a break. Maybe not for your kid but for many kids. 5 mos!
                    Maybe for a pro or college athlete, but for an 11 year old? So what are they going to do, play straight from June to June. That's too much. Kids need a break. Most have been practicing more than they would during the summer. I have no fear of letting my kid take a break and practice as much as he wants and play pick up as much as he wants. I'd rather he enjoy the game for a lifetime rather than push him so hard he burns out in a year or two. Unorganized soccer is one of the best ways for kids to learn to play anyhow.

Comment

NEFC is practicing.
                      Funny, they didn't tell my two kids who are still under contract.

Comment

Maybe for a pro or college athlete, but for an 11 year old? So what are they going to do, play straight from June to June. That's too much. Kids need a break. Most have been practicing more than they would during the summer. I have no fear of letting my kid take a break and practice as much as he wants and play pick up as much as he wants. I'd rather he enjoy the game for a lifetime rather than push him so hard he burns out in a year or two. Unorganized soccer is one of the best ways for kids to learn to play anyhow.
                        Let your kid play video games all summer. My kid misses the sport and has been playing alone in the yard he needs players and competition. You stay home if you want but for the kids who do want to play open it back up.

Comment

Funny, they didn't tell my two kids who are still under contract.
                          Still under contract?... but jumping to Surf? Then that’s why they didn’t tell you. Only some NEFC teams are practicing... the good ones.

Comment

Still under contract?... but jumping to Surf? Then that’s why they didn’t tell you. Only some NEFC teams are practicing... the good ones.
                            So you're saying some team decided to stick it out with NEFC, with no coaches identified? Did a parent jump in to coach?

Comment

So you're saying some team decided to stick it out with NEFC, with no coaches identified? Did a parent jump in to coach?
                              Hey SURF I know your focus is to steal NEFC teams and coaches but you didn’t get everyone and not everyone is buying into your bs league. Stop using TS as a way to cut down NEFC and build yourselves up. SURF is like a Walmart big box store selling crap products with crowded aisles and parents wearing pajamas. NEFC will bounce back they are a class act and was the only real soccer in RI until Walmart came in offering more money to coaches.

Comment

Bayside coaches have been doing one on one and small groups since the new field open . It posted on their social media accounts.

They have to get paid somehow!
                                Good example of PAY TO PLAY.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X