Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok , missed the sarchasm. Many daughters are supposed to be off to college but then the darn pandemic arrived and everything is upside down so many students are considering if a gap year is a wise desicion.
    Yes paying full boat for suboptimal on line learning is making many families question the fall semester. Problem is, what to kids do instead? Almost no jobs (Uber Eats?), volunteer or travel opportunities. The upside is no room and board for the semester (if you weren't renting an apartment already).

Comment

Yes paying full boat for suboptimal on line learning is making many families question the fall semester. Problem is, what to kids do instead? Almost no jobs (Uber Eats?), volunteer or travel opportunities. The upside is no room and board for the semester (if you weren't renting an apartment already).
      If a player is a soccer recruit, how might that affect requests for a gap year? Would such a request even be possible for recruited athletes?

Comment

No need to try. I said a true statement............the end!
        “I said a true statement!”

Not only are you clueless, and a charlatan, you have no idea how to construct a semi-coherent sentence.

Please go away.

Comment

“I said a true statement!”

Not only are you clueless, and a charlatan, you have no idea how to construct a semi-coherent sentence.

Please go away.
          Did you recently discover what a "charlatan" is? Seems like you are using it a lot lately.

Comment

Did you recently discover what a "charlatan" is? Seems like you are using it a lot lately.
            Gotta admit; it’s a fun word to use

Comment

‘Charlatan” is the most applicable word to describe many people on this forum.

Comment

Gotta admit; it’s a fun word to use
                Hey Charlatan, “Takes one to know one”.

Comment

If a player is a soccer recruit, how might that affect requests for a gap year? Would such a request even be possible for recruited athletes?
                  I would suspect with some D1 coaches you might kiss your spot goodbye. There are also eligibility rules that would have to be explored. The NCAA extended it to 5 years for spring sport athletes because it was all cancelled.

Comment

I would suspect with some D1 coaches you might kiss your spot goodbye. There are also eligibility rules that would have to be explored. The NCAA extended it to 5 years for spring sport athletes because it was all cancelled.
                    The only committed athlete who can receive either a waiver or gap year exemption would be international players. There are issues on entry to the country now so schools would be more amenable for those players.

Comment

The only committed athlete who can receive either a waiver or gap year exemption would be international players. There are issues on entry to the country now so schools would be more amenable for those players.
                      Student visas should only be an issue for incoming freshman internationals who hadn't completed the process before embassies shut down. As long as you maintain your full-time student status your student visa is good. But, obviously taking a year off would make you no long a full time student and you'd have to start all over again. While there are still some travel restrictions from certain countries it's not that hard to work around those.

Comment

Really doesn't matter, as colleges will be cautious calling back students, no students = no sports

Comment

Really doesn't matter, as colleges will be cautious calling back students, no students = no sports
                          No sports = No soccer scholarships

Comment

I guess you don't watch the news

Comment

I guess you don't watch the news
                              I watch plenty of news, I just know the inside info, mark my words....

Comment

I watch plenty of news, I just know the inside info, mark my words....
                                Another fraud over here, pretending to be an insider. You sir, are a charlatan.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X