Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are TP and BP involved in this new GAL league? I would stay far away from those lying, greedy sociopaths. Caused nothing but trouble with their stupidity. Go away.
    What is the basis for this strong accusation?

Comment

So I have been away for a couple of years. How did it for for the Reign program? Are they still neck and neck with the top ECNL teams in the NW?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        So I have been away for a couple of years. How did it for for the Reign program? Are they still neck and neck with the top ECNL teams in the NW?
        I’ll go out on a limb and treat this as a serious question rather than a snarky troll. The 03/04 team is in first place in its GA conference, had almost all of its graduating seniors commit to play in college, and could compete just fine with any of the local ECNL teams (although I think they’ve only managed to have a friendly with pac a few months ago, which they won).

The 05 team is also in first in its GA conference (and next year’s 04/05 team will be strong). Some very good ‘23’s and ‘24’s who could be impact players for any of the local ECNL teams have stayed there. They have not played any of the local ECNL teams but could probably give any of them a competitive game.

The younger teams seem to be a mixed bag. Competition in the GA is uneven (particularly in the northwest; in some parts of the country, and particularly the Midwest, GA seems to be even or ahead of ECNL, so the competition level at GA showcases is high and pretty much all the schools that are at ECNL showcases are also at GA showcases). It stinks that they don’t regularly play strong local teams. The top ECNL teams in each age group are probably stronger overall.

Rumors of the club’s demise were premature, and the club has clearly survived the collapse of DA and the challenges of the pandemic and is in a much better position than it was two years ago. Amy Griffin has worked very hard to stabilize the club and build the GA and they have a solid slate of coaches (despite the departure of Matt Dorman, which is a significant loss), they are bringing in a new coach/director from the east coast who was a gk on the Can WNT and has been a coaching director at an ECNL club, and they now have some depth with B teams in every age group. The club has some unique offerings — excellent GK training and probably the best track record of any local club in placing GK’s with college programs in recent years (UCLA, Portland, TCU, LMU), a generally positive vibe and approach to coaching from the staff, the all girls atmosphere, opportunities to play and train with the pro team and to have pro players out to training. There are several good options around for top female players and Reign is still one of them.

Comment

Where do they practice?

Comment

Where do I find the list of reign college commits?

Comment

Anyone interested in Reign should keep in mind that many 02, 03 and 04 commits were developed at Reign and then shifted to other clubs after the collapse of the DA, and then the final clubs naturally took credit for the commit, whether or not credit was deserved. The early development during the first couple years was especially good when Tracey Kevins and Jason Farrell were in charge. Sounds like the current leadership under Amy is good too

Comment

Where do they practice?
                Bellevue College, North SeaTac Park, or occasionally Interbay

Comment

Let’s be fair. Many of those girls developed at other clubs and we DA was the only way to get looked for the national, they went to DA. Then when the DA folded, they returned to their old club.

I really don’t think any club develop players. Club give them the opportunity to showcase their skills.

Comment

Where do I find the list of reign college commits?
                    Not sure a list is posted all in one place but most are on their Instagram. For ‘22 — UCLA, Ole Miss, Portland (2), USF (2), New Mexico, Eastern Washington, Middlebury, Amherst, Queens University, Point Loma, Sonoma State, Fort Lewis, Minnesota-Crookston (there are also, as others have noted, a number of Eastside, Crossfire, Pac and Seattle United commits who spent a portion of their recruiting years at Reign). They have one ‘23 commit so far — Naval Academy — and will surely have a number more in the coming months.

Comment

Let’s be fair. Many of those girls developed at other clubs and we DA was the only way to get looked for the national, they went to DA. Then when the DA folded, they returned to their old club.

I really don’t think any club develop players. Club give them the opportunity to showcase their skills.
                      Agree with that. Although some kids thrive in different environments and with different types of coaches, some clubs and coaches take different approaches to developing and promoting players, and sometimes a change of scenery can help a player get to where they want to be even if that means moving from a club that may be perfectly good for others.

Comment

Can you also say that many of the reign commits spent some of their development and recruiting years with other clubs?

we are trying to be fair here, I hope.

Comment

Can you also say that many of the reign commits spent some of their development and recruiting years with other clubs?

Absolutely, many did and all of them spent a significant portion of their earlier years at other clubs because reign has only been around for six years.

Comment

Seems reasonable. I don't think the comment was intended to imply that it was all or nothing.

Comment

Unfortunately, here is a hurdle that our kids face from the girls side.

There are 5 ecnl clubs in our area. When you go to a college ID camp and they ask who do you play for. They look at you like a second class citizen if you are not playing for one of the ecnl teams.

It is like March madness v NIT in basketball. It is not fair, it is what it is.

You have to have the patch.

Comment

Unfortunately, here is a hurdle that our kids face from the girls side.

There are 5 ecnl clubs in our area. When you go to a college ID camp and they ask who do you play for. They look at you like a second class citizen if you are not playing for one of the ecnl teams.

It is like March madness v NIT in basketball. It is not fair, it is what it is.

You have to have the patch.
                                Not really consistent with the experience of a number of reign players who have gotten plenty of exposure to coaches at showcases, id camps, coming out to training, etc. The best players in GA are getting the same opportunities as the best players in ECNL (and both leagues are so diluted that a lot of players in both leagues need to be realistic about their options if they want to play in college— but yes, GA has a lot less depth than ECNL).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X