Reign Letter to WYS/RCL Part 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does talkative mean and Surf feeder? I am curious as an SU parent myself.

Comment

As an SU parent, know that all SU board meetings are open. Know that ther is an annual meeting. Don’t hide behind the board. Go to the meetings and see what happens. Become informed and know that the focus is not on girls ECNL. It revolves around the boys. The girls are window dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What does talkative mean and Surf feeder? I am curious as an SU parent myself.
        Re: "talkative" there was a group of sociable kids on that team that SU decided to cut because they coaches felt it impacted training & the coaches didn't know how to manage things.

Re: "Surf Feeder"-- SU replaced 6 players on ECNL 03 with girls from Surf (now Sound) Surf/Sound wasn't awarded an ECNL bid so those players need a pathway and SU saw an opportunity to become the "feeder" and grab those $$$ and so cut girls who'd been loyal to the club for years. The girls they cut were offered spots on Copa, and a few were told they'd be "swing" players between Copa and ECNL, but given that none of the previous year's swing players saw any ECNL minutes at all, a couple girls left for Xfire ECNL. Someone posted on another thread that SU helped the girls get those Xfire spots, which is not true. The kids who wanted to keep playing ECNL/be seen for college were thrown under the bus and found their own spots.

The way SU handled all this was really poor, and I'll leave it at that. Use caution for your child.

Comment

Re: "talkative" there was a group of sociable kids on that team that SU decided to cut because they coaches felt it impacted training & the coaches didn't know how to manage things.

Re: "Surf Feeder"-- SU replaced 6 players on ECNL 03 with girls from Surf (now Sound) Surf/Sound wasn't awarded an ECNL bid so those players need a pathway and SU saw an opportunity to become the "feeder" and grab those $$$ and so cut girls who'd been loyal to the club for years. The girls they cut were offered spots on Copa, and a few were told they'd be "swing" players between Copa and ECNL, but given that none of the previous year's swing players saw any ECNL minutes at all, a couple girls left for Xfire ECNL. Someone posted on another thread that SU helped the girls get those Xfire spots, which is not true. The kids who wanted to keep playing ECNL/be seen for college were thrown under the bus and found their own spots.

The way SU handled all this was really poor, and I'll leave it at that. Use caution for your child.
          So the girls SU cut did not get any ECNL minutes so they offered them a swing spot? And this is wrong because....? But in the other post (you probably wrote) on the Crossfire Challenge thread, the same swing player you mention here you say was an SU top player. Which is it?

Comment

Work on your reading comprehension lol

I'm not the poster but it's clear they said the girls su cut were offered the chance to be "swing" players but in past such swing players only ever got to play RCL and not ECNL so they turned it down

So the girls SU cut did not get any ECNL minutes so they offered them a swing spot? And this is wrong because....? But in the other post (you probably wrote) on the Crossfire Challenge thread, the same swing player you mention here you say was an SU top player. Which is it?

Comment

Someone posted on another thread that SU helped the girls get those Xfire spots, which is not true. The kids who wanted to keep playing ECNL/be seen for college were thrown under the bus and found their own spots.

Other posters said su helped one player who left the club for financial reasons to find a new spot. That may be still be true, but it sounds like players who were cut were left in the cold.

SU with it's geographic base in Seattle should be one of the best clubs in the country. The fact that it's not even one of the best in the area speaks to how awfully mismanaged it is.

Comment

I think the poster is saying that the swing players don't usually get to play ECNL even if they are technically on the roster

Comment

Sour grapes parent should stop bashing clubs and coaches from every team their daughter got cut from. Ask the parents from Reign and SU if this player was a top player and how many minutes they played despite starting in a few games.

Comment

Parents are a pain for coaches because they have so much wrapped up in their kids. Most coaches know their sports but not much about communication or kids. It's a recipe for distaster that leads to anonymous comments. Everybody needs to take a breath.

Comment

Are there any prep school waivers going on at reign? Girls playing
                      hs and still on the roster? Is this called a pt player? Heard that
                      this is going on in ca.

Comment

Reign Letter to WYS/RCL Part 1

Are there any prep school waivers going on at reign? Girls playing
                        hs and still on the roster? Is this called a pt player? Heard that
                        this is going on in ca.
                        I have heard of one player that started playing for the reign this year - they will play for Gig Harbor HS and also the Reign. I wonder how that affects the rest of the team. Some get the HS experience and others do not.

Comment

They might be on the 03 reign reserve (B) team which is pspl and allows high school. No A team members playing HS as far as I know. 03 reserve team won gold division at Mt hood challenge btw, wonder where they will be placed in pspl

Comment

Reading this letter from the Reign last years makes me believe they are looking out for the well being of their players first and foremost regardless of what league they play in. Hopefully they stick around.

Comment

This is FAKE NEWS. No one from the Reign, I repeat NO ONE representing the Reign Academy has ever called a player from a competing club and recruited them mid season. EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER was initiated by player/parent. My DD daughter plays for one of the teams the girls transferred from and I know for a fact that this is incorrect. Please stop ... all this bologna is hurting elite soccer in our state. Find a team that wants your daughter, a coach and program you trust, and go with it! One size does NOT fit all.
                              it’s actually the opposite. We tried to leave ECNL and go to Reign mid season but they want us to finish out the season and come during the discovery sessions.

Comment

This is FAKE NEWS. No one from the Reign, I repeat NO ONE representing the Reign Academy has ever called a player from a competing club and recruited them mid season. EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER was initiated by player/parent. My DD daughter plays for one of the teams the girls transferred from and I know for a fact that this is incorrect. Please stop ... all this bologna is hurting elite soccer in our state. Find a team that wants your daughter, a coach and program you trust, and go with it! One size does NOT fit all.

It’s quite the opposite. We tried to leave ECNL to go to Reign mid season. But reign wants us to finish out the season and to come during the discovery sessions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X