Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubtful any Fall Soccer in Oregon (Club or HS)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I got news for you all. This pandemic isn't going away any time soon. It's too widespread. As long as one case remains, it will continue to spread. We need to lock down again and this time for a much longer period. One, possibly two years. People need to start wearing masks and goggles in their homes and stay home.

I think you should have to have a special permit (essential workers only) to leave your house. Put checkpoints on all major arterials and highways. Hit people with $2,000 fines for leaving their homes. Arrest repeat offenders. Make all grocery stores, liquor stores and weed shops delivery only. Create a sanitizing fog that delivery drivers have to walk through before every delivery.

If we can't come up with creative and effective solutions we could be locked down for the next 8+ years.

I think this is the best case scenario. Lock down everything and cancel sports for two years and prevent people from leaving their homes.

If this goes on for 8 years I’m going to get mad.

Comment

Pretty sure that if we opened everything up so that almost everybody got COVID-19 now, we'd have herd immunity and it wouldn't be able to spread anymore. Just saying, clown boy...
      I've yet to meet anyone who can both do simple arithmetic and endorses a herd immunity approach to this virus.

Comment

I've yet to meet anyone who can both do simple arithmetic and endorses a herd immunity approach to this virus.
        That’s because you don’t meet smart people.

New York = herd immunity. There are many examples of countries that have very few cases. Why? Because they have likely experienced multiple coronaviruses in the past. Herd immunity.

If everyone got it tomorrow, everyone, then nobody would get it next week. 2bil less 2bill = 0. I know that’s pretty advanced mathematics.

Comment

I got news for you all. This pandemic isn't going away any time soon. It's too widespread. As long as one case remains, it will continue to spread. We need to lock down again and this time for a much longer period. One, possibly two years. People need to start wearing masks and goggles in their homes and stay home.

I think you should have to have a special permit (essential workers only) to leave your house. Put checkpoints on all major arterials and highways. Hit people with $2,000 fines for leaving their homes. Arrest repeat offenders. Make all grocery stores, liquor stores and weed shops delivery only. Create a sanitizing fog that delivery drivers have to walk through before every delivery.

If we can't come up with creative and effective solutions we could be locked down for the next 8+ years.

We’re in this together and for the long haul. Stock up on non perishables and put your butt on the couch. Netflix is your friend.

The soonest we’re opening back up is 2023 in my opinion. Let’s do this together and make the best of it.

Comment

New York = herd immunity. There are many examples of countries that have very few cases. Why? Because they have likely experienced multiple coronaviruses in the past. Herd immunity.

If everyone got it tomorrow, everyone, then nobody would get it next week. 2bil less 2bill = 0. I know that’s pretty advanced mathematics.
            Lmao. Go check the New York excess deaths charts for the past 25 years. If you think a spike like this spring is acceptable then you're a psychopath.

Oh and they are nowhere close to herf immunity. Like, not even in the ballpark.

Has there ever been a time in history when so many dumb people convince themselves that they are smart?

Comment

I think this is the best case scenario. Lock down everything and cancel sports for two years and prevent people from leaving their homes.

If this goes on for 8 years I’m going to get mad.
              Settle in. It’s going to be a long haul.

Comment

The countries that have few cases are not because of herd immunity friend. Same for New York. I'm not sure you understand what herd immunity means or what the "novel" in "novel coronavirus" means, so I hope this was a joke.

Comment

Oh, man that is dumb. NY is no where near herd immunity. https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...fxa-story.html Even Sweden who's whole plan was herd immunity doesn't have it yet. What they do have is a lot of pain, a much higher death rate and a clear warning to the rest of the world: DON'T DO WHAT WE DID.

Comment

99.8% of the deaths have underlying conditions. You are the idiot.
                    And 40% of American adults over 45 have an underlying health condition... so...?

Comment

And 40% of American adults over 45 have an underlying health condition... so...?
                      Well, that’s their problem. Survival of the fittest.

Most pre existing conditions are either made by bad choices or contributed to by them.

Comment

This pussy footing around half measures are just gonna drag it out for years and years. Pull the bandaid off! Let everyone get it and then get on with life.

Comment

This pussy footing around half measures are just gonna drag it out for years and years. Pull the bandaid off! Let everyone get it and then get on with life.
                          Yeah hurry up and collapse your healthcare system.

Comment

Yeah hurry up and collapse your healthcare system.
                            Nobody cares. Our healthcare system is based on jacking people up on pharmaceuticals and making them sicker.

Let’s get this out of our system.

Comment

Nobody cares. Our healthcare system is based on jacking people up on pharmaceuticals and making them sicker.

Let’s get this out of our system.
                              Lol. How did this society become a bunch of adult babies who can't reason through costs/benefits.

Killing off .5% of citizens, betraying a healthcare workforce, and leaving a smoking hole in the ground where the economy used to be is not "getting it out of your system". Grow up.

Comment

Lol. How did this society become a bunch of adult babies who can't reason through costs/benefits.

Killing off .5% of citizens, betraying a healthcare workforce, and leaving a smoking hole in the ground where the economy used to be is not "getting it out of your system". Grow up.
                                You might be the dumbest guy in here. Congrats.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X