Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What about clubs who just want to train or run development programs? There are serious town players who play multiple sports. SRI is wrong to do this!
    Agreed SRI is wrong and do not rule. We do have a voice you know. Come together towns.

Comment

There are NO stable groups. That’s such bull. Knock it off Gina! Kids have many friend groups, sports, church, birthdays, cousins, etc. We are not existing in stable groups not since May. The stable group idea is silly in stage 3, maybe in stage 1, but let’s be realistic

Comment

This isn’t rocket science. Limit groups and contacts now or pretend it’s too hard and just hang out with everyone...and then when one of those multi-team, multi-sport kids get sick, all of a sudden five teams’ worth of kids have to go into quarantine from sports and school.

Comment

It’s not rocket science and it’s not a realistic plan. Only in phase one that worked not now when kids mingle everyday with family, friends, camps, sports. Stable groups are a flawed plan and are kids are going to be ok read a little. Kids are doing fine if you have compromised family members you can keep your child home from the sports or the member away from the child. Enough.

Comment

It’s not rocket science and it’s not a realistic plan. Only in phase one that worked not now when kids mingle everyday with family, friends, camps, sports. Stable groups are a flawed plan and are kids are going to be ok read a little. Kids are doing fine if you have compromised family members you can keep your child home from the sports or the member away from the child. Enough.
            Not all kids are going to be okay and certainly not all the people they come into contact with. Kid or family member walks into school or stop and shop and tests positive a week later, and now a whole lotta other people have their month ruined. Think a little.

Comment

Omg it’s your fear mongers that causes excessive shut downs. Why isn’t CT and MA as concerned? You think they love their families less? No. It’s because they are being level headed and not over reacting. Enough controlling everyone. We are wearing are masks at practices, using hand sanitizer and sitting 6 feet apart. Stop this drama and play ball.

Comment

Omg it’s your fear mongers that causes excessive shut downs. Why isn’t CT and MA as concerned? You think they love their families less? No. It’s because they are being level headed and not over reacting. Enough controlling everyone. We are wearing are masks at practices, using hand sanitizer and sitting 6 feet apart. Stop this drama and play ball.
                We allowed scrimmages way before MA did. They shut it down for longer, and now they have lifted restrictions a bit further. Different approaches and timing. It has nothing to do with fear mongering or not loving our kids or some such nonsense.

Everyone wants other activities to be safer so they can get on with their own stuff, e.g., businesses, restaurants and bars, schools, or whatever. Most people will only accept a certain amount of risk to those things for the sake of a bunch of kids playing soccer.

Comment

Those states are doing better than RI right now. We hide behind the fact that we are small but our per capita cases and deaths are in the top 5 overall, and our spread right now is twice our neighbors (this is why we stayed in Phase III). We haven't earned the right to return to sports like CT and MA, too many Covid denying knuckleheads.

Comment

Wow!!!! What the heck are you talking about? Earn the right? This is BS. Again the Governor has not said we cannot play this fall. Sports should be decided by the town and there should be a vote. One organization trying to speak for our state is not ok. Soccer RI again is not the end all be all. We can ride up again at this dictatorship type of decision making. We need a vote, we should all get to have a say. It seems the fear mongers have the loudest voice in or Democrat lead state. Rise up people who want soccer and make some noise. For some reason people who are extra cautious and extra nervous get to have a bigger say. They also think they are right. Likely the same people not supporting schools to reopen. But we ALL have a right to get a vote in this.

Comment

I feel bad for the competitive town kids and high school players too. I admit my kid plays club for competitive. Town is social and extra touches on the ball. We don’t get much development from volunteer parents. So if it’s rec so be it we are grateful to have the social. I don’t think towns should be having tryouts. Just bring the kids together for some fun. If they close the schools this will be the only social time they have w their friends from school. I don’t think that SRI should try to tell club players not to play town. Let the kids do both. They really can only make suggestions they do t rule anyone so use common sense for your family. We need to be fair to the kids.

Comment

I feel bad for the competitive town kids and high school players too. I admit my kid plays club for competitive. Town is social and extra touches on the ball. We don’t get much development from volunteer parents. So if it’s rec so be it we are grateful to have the social. I don’t think towns should be having tryouts. Just bring the kids together for some fun. If they close the schools this will be the only social time they have w their friends from school. I don’t think that SRI should try to tell club players not to play town. Let the kids do both. They really can only make suggestions they do t rule anyone so use common sense for your family. We need to be fair to the kids.
                        There are still some very good town programs which develop players extremely well. This attitude that Premier is ALWAYS better is nonsense. Premier in many cases is watered down with more players than belong and some "premier" coaches are paid baby sitters for the B-level teams. If your town program doesn't do a good job developing players then I am sad for you, but you shouldn't generalize that it is like that everywhere.

Comment

I really would like to agree with the poster above. But we don’t feel that towns are providing much beyond gym class soccer. Sorry. I am sure there are some good town coaches but the coaches are just volunteers and they do things like cancel games and practices with one rain drop or it’s slightly to warm. Look they are talking about cancelling travel soccer while clubs are gearing up. There is a lack of commitment in the town soccer. It’s all about having fun right? So most parents add on club soccer when they realize their kid is more competitive And wants more training than the town can offer. You are wrong about club B teams they are also getting more practices, more touches on the ball and more competition than town. Town doesn’t quite cut it for serious players. So instead of comparing the two realize what town is, a fun rec program with friends that offers opportunities to travel. And that’s totally ok. Club is for the kids who will play in high school and maybe college. There is much more serious training and dedicated trained coaches. Also the town politics! Don’t get me started. When little Susys dad coaches just so she can play all the time. Towns are nice for community and families to get together so we play town and club as they both offer something important.

Comment

I really would like to agree with the poster above. But we don’t feel that towns are providing much beyond gym class soccer. Sorry. I am sure there are some good town coaches but the coaches are just volunteers and they do things like cancel games and practices with one rain drop or it’s slightly to warm. Look they are talking about cancelling travel soccer while clubs are gearing up. There is a lack of commitment in the town soccer. It’s all about having fun right? So most parents add on club soccer when they realize their kid is more competitive And wants more training than the town can offer. You are wrong about club B teams they are also getting more practices, more touches on the ball and more competition than town. Town doesn’t quite cut it for serious players. So instead of comparing the two realize what town is, a fun rec program with friends that offers opportunities to travel. And that’s totally ok. Club is for the kids who will play in high school and maybe college. There is much more serious training and dedicated trained coaches. Also the town politics! Don’t get me started. When little Susys dad coaches just so she can play all the time. Towns are nice for community and families to get together so we play town and club as they both offer something important.
                            Premier B teams are often a joke. My daughter's town team have beaten many of them, so give me a break. Don't disparage other towns because your town sucks. A lot of good players play premier and town, mix those with some really good multisport athletes, and a good coach and you have something better than a B level premier team with limited athletes and a coach who wants everybody happy and writing checks.

Comment

Calm down overly excited dad. We get it you hate club. But right now Club is busting their butt training my kid. I don’t care that they get a check, my kid has practices in rain or shine. No talk of cancelling games and tons of clinics available all summer. Haven’t heard a peep from our town, and hearing the same story from other parents.

On a more positive note I work as an administrator in Prov school district. Word is kids will likely start school mid Sept now. We will be in phase 4 and Gina is going to allow youth sports and games such as soccer starting mid sept as well. High school sports still TBD. So fear not town soccer we will have our season just delayed a few weeks with added safety measures.

Comment

Calm down overly excited dad. We get it you hate club. But right now Club is busting their butt training my kid. I don’t care that they get a check, my kid has practices in rain or shine. No talk of cancelling games and tons of clinics available all summer. Haven’t heard a peep from our town, and hearing the same story from other parents.

On a more positive note I work as an administrator in Prov school district. Word is kids will likely start school mid Sept now. We will be in phase 4 and Gina is going to allow youth sports and games such as soccer starting mid sept as well. High school sports still TBD. So fear not town soccer we will have our season just delayed a few weeks with added safety measures.
                                Your town, not all towns! Your town program sucks. Mine doesn't. Simple.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X