Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a soccer tournament

It only took a day of soccer being allowed in MA... I received several messages from parents of my players asking me if we could go play a tournament in NH, RI, or CT sometime in August. Do any other coaches on here know of tournaments in those states which are allowing MA teams to register? U14 team boys team. Thanks!

Bayside, late August.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Bayside, late August.
      Thanks!

Comment

Travel for now is ok to those states but could change. Probably a good idea to stick local just in case. Anything that doesn't require a hotel stay would probably be preferred by all families.

Comment

Yes, that's the idea... a tournament within reasonable driving distance... so RI, NH, even CT would be ok. I've been looking, but not finding much, obviously.

Comment

http://www.fsafcunited.com/Page.asp?...safcunited.com

It is in CT. Best facilities in CT.

Comment

Bayside tournament

The tournament site lists Forekicks Taunton as one location. This obviously can’t happen unless MA moves soccer to Low Risk which likely isn’t happening in 2020. I also thought that inter-club games were not yet allowed in Rhode Island.

http://baysidefc.com/tournaments/bay...summer-classic

Comment

Basically all the tournaments will be in NH and CT then?

Comment

Bayside tournament

The tournament site lists Forekicks Taunton as one location. This obviously can’t happen unless MA moves soccer to Low Risk which likely isn’t happening in 2020. I also thought that inter-club games were not yet allowed in Rhode Island.

http://baysidefc.com/tournaments/bay...summer-classic
                  Anyone from Bayside here on the forum who can clarify this?

Comment

There is also this on from FC Stars with all games to be played in Mass, including Lancaster. I guess they think that Soccer will be moved to low risk soon...

https://starsofma.sportsengine-preli...stars-cup-2020

Comment

There is also this on from FC Stars with all games to be played in Mass, including Lancaster. I guess they think that Soccer will be moved to low risk soon...

https://starsofma.sportsengine-preli...stars-cup-2020
                      Fc stars cup is the big Labor Day weekend tourney. Best competition around.

Comment

Fc stars cup is the big Labor Day weekend tourney. Best competition around.
                        How can they do this? Tournaments are currently not allowed in Massachusetts.
                        This is false advertising.

Comment

Anyone from Bayside here on the forum who can clarify this?
                          Bayside parent.... we are planning but you are correct, some things need to fall in place for out of state teams (and other RI teams) to be allowed to intermingle. Hopeful things work out, the tournament goes well and everyone stays healthy. Still a few weeks away, maybe we'll be in phase 7.

Comment

There are no finals... just 3 games and it's a wrap. So, they can position it as "friendlies" or a "showcase" if need be and it's not really a tournament.

Comment

Come on! TS is full of pointless negative posts like this. Obviously, the club won't have the tournament if it is illegal when the time comes! This is called planning for the possibility that it could happen. They don't have the luxury of waiting until the day before and then throwing a tournament together. Any reasonable person should understand that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X