Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any NHIAA folks with some inside info? Are they playing or not?
    The NHIAA is committed to trying to get in a season for the fall sports if possible. The only communication schools have received is that plan on having a back up plan. Some travel and schedules might be altered to accommodate less community transmission from areas with more cases compared to fewer.

For example - a D4 team from Merrimack County might not go north of the notch this fall because Coos county has so few cases - and vice versa.

Comment

The governator is scheduled to address school reopening today at 3pm on WMUR. Maybe we'll get a hint as to whether or not fall school sports happen. Maybe not...

Comment

The governator is scheduled to address school reopening today at 3pm on WMUR. Maybe we'll get a hint as to whether or not fall school sports happen. Maybe not...
        All I saw was a lot of NOTHING for guidance and no news from the NHIAA yet either.

Can you say - "Pass the buck"!

Comment

All I saw was a lot of NOTHING for guidance and no news from the NHIAA yet either.

Can you say - "Pass the buck"!
          Pass the buck? His reasoning was spot on. Why govern the entire state in the same manner when the entire state isn't the same? We need to stop looking outside the community for specific answers on questions that are applicable only to our community.

Of course, that does NOT apply to sports. But, for what the Governor covered, it was spot on guidance.

Comment

So, how many schools are moving forward with the soccer season? NHIAA is going forward with guidance due out this week.

Comment

NHIAA moving ahead on fall sports, putting safety first

Here’s some good news for those hoping high school sports in New Hampshire will be played this fall: The state plans to move forward with all high school sports and have sport-specific safety guidelines in place.

The guidelines for each sport could be announced as early as Friday (July 31).

https://www.unionleader.com/sports/high_school/nhiaa-moving-ahead-on-fall-sports-putting-safety-first/article_80226654-f2ac-5c32-9863-3019709ac603.html

Comment

Here’s some good news for those hoping high school sports in New Hampshire will be played this fall: The state plans to move forward with all high school sports and have sport-specific safety guidelines in place.

The guidelines for each sport could be announced as early as Friday (July 31).

https://www.unionleader.com/sports/high_school/nhiaa-moving-ahead-on-fall-sports-putting-safety-first/article_80226654-f2ac-5c32-9863-3019709ac603.html
                Guidelines and protocols are out but now there is word that some schools won't play / school boards won't allow sports if the school is doing remote learning.

This would be a huge monkey wrench for schools if some don't play while others do. What happens if a top program does not play? Is there an asterisk next to the champion?

Comment

Guidelines and protocols are out but now there is word that some schools won't play / school boards won't allow sports if the school is doing remote learning.

This would be a huge monkey wrench for schools if some don't play while others do. What happens if a top program does not play? Is there an asterisk next to the champion?
                  I had heard that there is a good chance there would be no playoffs this year. It only increases the fans looking to intend and adds travel. Plus, not sure how seeding could take place. Take Hanover, for example. With the plan to limit travel to your general area, they will need to play Lebanon 4 times just to get some reasonable games in.

I think HS should be looked at as some activity to keep the kids busy, but nothing more.

Comment

The NHIAA mandate to delay the start of sports makes zero sense. Why delay sports? Kids are playing club and some schools have a summer workout program going on now? If you want to minimize, change the schedules. But you delay the start while numbers are low so that once kids are back in large groups at school the chance of getting sick goes up!

Knee jerk reaction and short sightedness rules again at the NHIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      the nhiaa mandate to delay the start of sports makes zero sense. Why delay sports? Kids are playing club and some schools have a summer workout program going on now? If you want to minimize, change the schedules. But you delay the start while numbers are low so that once kids are back in large groups at school the chance of getting sick goes up!

Knee jerk reaction and short sightedness rules again at the nhiaa.
                      yep!!

Comment

The NHIAA mandate to delay the start of sports makes zero sense. Why delay sports? Kids are playing club and some schools have a summer workout program going on now? If you want to minimize, change the schedules. But you delay the start while numbers are low so that once kids are back in large groups at school the chance of getting sick goes up!

Knee jerk reaction and short sightedness rules again at the NHIAA.
                        Phase 1 of cancelling season

Comment

Playing for other Schools

So here’s a question that I don’t know the answer to and I’m looking for help. If a private school cancels their season and opts of soccer can that player who lives in a town that has a public high school and is playing soccer participate? They aren’t transferring schools on,y playing soccer. Is that allowed? Is that an AD decision? District decision? Or NHIAA decision? Just find it strange that we are starting to see private school girls who live in town show up at high school preseason because their school opted out. I expect others may be seeing this too. What’s the protocol? Thanks in advance.

Comment

So here’s a question that I don’t know the answer to and I’m looking for help. If a private school cancels their season and opts of soccer can that player who lives in a town that has a public high school and is playing soccer participate? They aren’t transferring schools on,y playing soccer. Is that allowed? Is that an AD decision? District decision? Or NHIAA decision? Just find it strange that we are starting to see private school girls who live in town show up at high school preseason because their school opted out. I expect others may be seeing this too. What’s the protocol? Thanks in advance.
                            Is this something you want to do or something you know is happening?

Comment

Is this something you want to do or something you know is happening?
                              I believe this is allowed. Kids who go to charter schools may play sports for the district they live in. I think private schools are the same. I know kids from our local Catholic school may participate in any sport at the local school that is not offered by the private school.

Comment

I believe this is allowed. Kids who go to charter schools may play sports for the district they live in. I think private schools are the same. I know kids from our local Catholic school may participate in any sport at the local school that is not offered by the private school.
                                Thanks That’s what I suspected was the answer. I just find it difficult that an expensive private school cancels their sports for the fall because of Covid and safety concerns and now their students can go off and take spots from kids who are at the public school for four years just because they want to play a sport in the fall. Normally the private school has a D3 team. They elected not to participate this fall.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X