Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Tournaments in late July/August Happen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire was just cancelled. Clash at the Border too, as well as Bend Premiere cup. Anything still on?
    XP still crossing fingers for redapt
    https://www.crossfiresoccer.org/tournaments/redapt-cup/

Comment

Lololololololololololllololololol.

Yeah. Right.

Comment

Ridiculous to hold on as long as they did.
        Yes, why would they want to provide something that people are screaming for if it is possible.

Comment

It wasn’t ever going to be possible to safely do it.

Comment

I would be absolutely amazed if they can do Redapt either.

Comment

It wasn’t ever going to be possible to safely do it.
              What needs to happen for you to consider it safe to play?

Comment

What needs to happen for you to consider it safe to play?
                At least phase 3 for local games. To do a tournament that has teams traveling from all over the state/region, its going to be a while. Maybe the PACNW Winter Classic happens, maybe. Honest question, was Crossfire going to take teams from Pierce County? Snohomish? Yakima? Tri-Cities? Spokane? I would not let my kid play against a team from those areas right now. None of the teams from Canada, Hawaii, Norcal were going to come, so whats the point?

Comment

At least phase 3 for local games. To do a tournament that has teams traveling from all over the state/region, its going to be a while. Maybe the PACNW Winter Classic happens, maybe. Honest question, was Crossfire going to take teams from Pierce County? Snohomish? Yakima? Tri-Cities? Spokane? I would not let my kid play against a team from those areas right now. None of the teams from Canada, Hawaii, Norcal were going to come, so whats the point?
                  I agree with you. I wouldn't let my kids travel East to the largest outbreak area. I also don't feel comfortable hopping on a plane for a Cali tournament. It isn't worth my families risk. It's not fair to bash other families who feel differently or feel it is low risk. If this year ends up being a washout, so be it. There are many things more important than soccer.

Comment

And just like that soccer is shiut back down. Xfire is shutting up shop until further notice and expected other clubs to will do the same.

Comment

I agree with you. I wouldn't let my kids travel East to the largest outbreak area. I also don't feel comfortable hopping on a plane for a Cali tournament. It isn't worth my families risk. It's not fair to bash other families who feel differently or feel it is low risk. If this year ends up being a washout, so be it. There are many things more important than soccer.
                      You mean like other people that think going to the grocery store without a mask is low risk?

Comment

And just like that soccer is shiut back down. Xfire is shutting up shop until further notice and expected other clubs to will do the same.
                        They are cancelling training?

Comment

They are cancelling training?
                          For at least 2 weeks due to uptick in cases in the area & suspected cases in the club

Comment

For at least 2 weeks due to uptick in cases in the area & suspected cases in the club
                            That’s going to happen continually until testing on the level of big time college and pro programs is available. If there is suspected exposure, you have to shut down unless you can’t test. I think that’s probably the reason HS sports won’t happen either.

Comment

Correction: unless you can test.

Comment

That’s going to happen continually until testing on the level of big time college and pro programs is available. If there is suspected exposure, you have to shut down unless you can’t test. I think that’s probably the reason HS sports won’t happen either.
                                Just saw an article tonight that testing is overwhelmed in the US due to exploding cases in the Sunbelt. Not enough reagent etc How many months have we had to ramp up with nothing done on a national level? Ridiculous.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X