Restart going great? Safe and Sound?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former board member here. I will tell you with 1000% surety that if this continues your club will shut down their restart. It's an insurance/liability issue. If their coaches are being ignored, and their rules are being ignored, and they don't handle it, they're liable. Clubs are terrified of liability right now and will not risk their individual and corporate financial security because some selfish jack holes can't follow rules. It's really a shame that selfish people have to ruin everything - but that seems to be the norm these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Former board member here. I will tell you with 1000% surety that if this continues your club will shut down their restart. It's an insurance/liability issue. If their coaches are being ignored, and their rules are being ignored, and they don't handle it, they're liable. Clubs are terrified of liability right now and will not risk their individual and corporate financial security because some selfish jack holes can't follow rules. It's really a shame that selfish people have to ruin everything - but that seems to be the norm these days.
      And you believe complaining on Talking Soccer is the solution?

Get a life.

Comment

Look in the mirror
        Trust I don’t believe I’m changing the world. But maybe I can get one individual to hold themselves personally accountable for their lot in life.

Stop being a victim. If the original poster had a problem they should have done something then and there. Talk to the coach, talk to the kids, talk to a parent. We all make choices, coming on a forum complaining doesn’t solve anything. Posting in Facebook isn’t facilitating a solution.

Deal with it, or choose not to participate.

Comment

Are you really calling 12 year old boys jack holes?

You are a “jack hole”!

Comment

Are you really calling 12 year old boys jack holes?

You are a “jack hole”!
            He isn’t calling 12 year olds jack holes. He’s calling the psychopath adults organizing full on scrimmages during a pandemic jack holes....

Comment

My DD's first practice was today. All parents were directed (warned) to stay in their car, off the fields, not to drop off their kids early along with all the other safe practices. My DD's practice went off without a hitch. All of the girls wore masks to practice, they played about 15 feet apart for the whole practice. I thought this is great! I have been overly cautious for nothing.

The issue I have is the older boys began showing up for practice, probably 12 year olds. Parent's dropped them off up to about 30 minutes before practice, most had masks on, not all. They began playing as boys do, completely ignoring all distancing guidelines. A coach half a field away repeatedly talked to them and tried to get them to distance, but he had a practice to run. Not one of the kids parents got out of their car and said anything to the boys who huddled, sat almost nose to nose and played almost full contact soccer until I left.

I've vented, you can tell my I'm an idiot or that I shouldn't leave home if I'm worried about Covid, but all 10 moms who sat in their cars on the phone or chatting with each other while their sons possibly caught Covid... I duno man, they could be great parents, but this carefree behavior sucks Donkey D!ck IMO.
              I believe this was about 12 year olds not socially distancing? Again, not arguing the concern, the original poster is entitled to their feelings. But do something about it, or choose not to participate. They had an opportunity to say something to the 10 “moms” who sat in their cars. They could have said something to the boys coach when the coach arrived.

Instead they chose to complain about “donkey dick” behavior on an anonymous forum.

Way to take a stand.

Comment

OP here. The jack holes I was referring to aren’t 12 year old kids. I’ve been one and parented several and they do dumb things on the daily. Doesn’t make them anything but normal 12 year old kids.

I’m referring to their parents who are parenting so selfishly and irresponsibly as to allow their kids to do this the FIRST WEEK things open up a touch after a 3 plus month lockdown. Their selfishness and refusal to follow the rules is the reason you won’t have soccer this year.

And I didn’t complain anonymously and I didn’t start this thread. I responded to someone else’s post with my opinion. Be sure to remember my post when your club shuts down again within the month. DOC’s in every single club have made it crystal clear this only works if everyone - every one - follows the rules.

Comment

OP here. The jack holes I was referring to aren’t 12 year old kids. I’ve been one...

And I didn’t complain anonymously and I didn’t start this thread. I responded to someone else’s post with my opinion. Be sure to remember my post when your club shuts down again within the month. DOC’s in every single club have made it crystal clear this only works if everyone - every one - follows the rules.
                  you've been a jack hole? You do kinda sound like one...

Comment

you've been a jack hole? You do kinda sound like one...
                    Clever retort. Enjoy having your kid stuck at home all summer because you can’t follow simple rules.

Comment

I believe this was about 12 year olds not socially distancing? Again, not arguing the concern, the original poster is entitled to their feelings. But do something about it, or choose not to participate. They had an opportunity to say something to the 10 “moms” who sat in their cars. They could have said something to the boys coach when the coach arrived.

Instead they chose to complain about “donkey dick” behavior on an anonymous forum.

Way to take a stand.
                      I am the OP, do you really expect a male parent, not even on that particular team to approach a group of minors and tell them what to do? Or for that manner tell the team's soccer moms how to correct their kids after they sat and watched a coach attempt to discipline them TWICE right in front of their eyes?

How do you think that will be received? They don't give a flying f*ck about the rules, or they would've opened their car door and told their sons to follow the rules. Are you fond of strangers correcting your kids? I'm sure this is being discussed at the coaches meetings, they have to be willing to take action at blatant disregard for the rules.

But hey, if your club is like the rest, and parents are dropping off their kids a half hour early and not keeping their distance, approach them and set them straight. Let me know how that goes.

Comment

I am the OP, do you really expect a male parent, not even on that particular team to approach a group of minors and tell them what to do? Or for that manner tell the team's soccer moms how to correct their kids after they sat and watched a coach attempt to discipline them TWICE right in front of their eyes?

How do you think that will be received? They don't give a flying f*ck about the rules, or they would've opened their car door and told their sons to follow the rules. Are you fond of strangers correcting your kids? I'm sure this is being discussed at the coaches meetings, they have to be willing to take action at blatant disregard for the rules.

But hey, if your club is like the rest, and parents are dropping off their kids a half hour early and not keeping their distance, approach them and set them straight. Let me know how that goes.
                        You are completely right. Now I get it! Coming on to this forum and complaining is the solution.

Comment

Saving lives one post at a time!

Comment

My kids club just initiated an anonymous reporting email system exactly for this reason. They acknowledged that some youth are not following the rules and parents aren't able to police kids which aren't their own. The club stated they will take firm action against violators, seems polite reminders hasn't worked.

Comment

XF pausing training for 2 weeks due to uptick in COVID cases in Seattle and suspected cases in the club. Welp.

Comment

Good the we have talking soccer to keep us safe!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X