Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart going great? Safe and Sound?

My DD's first practice was today. All parents were directed (warned) to stay in their car, off the fields, not to drop off their kids early along with all the other safe practices. My DD's practice went off without a hitch. All of the girls wore masks to practice, they played about 15 feet apart for the whole practice. I thought this is great! I have been overly cautious for nothing.

The issue I have is the older boys began showing up for practice, probably 12 year olds. Parent's dropped them off up to about 30 minutes before practice, most had masks on, not all. They began playing as boys do, completely ignoring all distancing guidelines. A coach half a field away repeatedly talked to them and tried to get them to distance, but he had a practice to run. Not one of the kids parents got out of their car and said anything to the boys who huddled, sat almost nose to nose and played almost full contact soccer until I left.

I've vented, you can tell my I'm an idiot or that I shouldn't leave home if I'm worried about Covid, but all 10 moms who sat in their cars on the phone or chatting with each other while their sons possibly caught Covid... I duno man, they could be great parents, but this carefree behavior sucks Donkey D!ck IMO.

Our clubs policy in a situation like that is you get warned, you get sent home, you don’t practice again until phase 4. They appointed a couple “safety officers” that are at training sessions specifically to make sure people are following guidelines so coaches can focus on coaching.

Comment

Really? worried about a group of boys playing soccer?

Don’t go. It’s a choice. Not saying it’s a bad one, but if you are going to complain, don’t go.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Don’t go. It’s a choice. Not saying it’s a bad one, but if you are going to complain, don’t go.
        Peak 2020, this. When common sense isn't common anymore.

Comment

First day was great. Kids, parents and coaches abiding by the club's rules for reopening, which we had to sign off on.

The next 3 nights (we've been back for 2 weeks now), only a handful of kids and parents are abiding by the rules. People showing up early for training, parents and kids are congregating without masks or distancing. Coaches who shout over from their sessions to ask that they wear masks, distanced, etc, are ignored.

Comment

Our clubs policy in a situation like that is you get warned, you get sent home, you don’t practice again until phase 4. They appointed a couple “safety officers” that are at training sessions specifically to make sure people are following guidelines so coaches can focus on coaching.
            Great idea, honestly I thought parents would follow the rules because of the serious nature and the risk. Although how many of us sent our kids to school with a "slight cold" because we didn't have daycare available.

Figuring out how to keep everyone safe at a club is a tremendous challenge. If parents have a philosophical belief that opposes safe practices, maybe they should be banned. It's like the airlines mask rule, follow the rule or don't fly.

Comment

Soccer

If most parents follow the rules, but some parents don't, the parents who follow the rules should stay home???

Comment

If most parents follow the rules, but some parents don't, the parents who follow the rules should stay home???
                Yes. Life isn’t perfect and if you are concerned take every precaution and stay home.

Comment

If you have a problem and are that concerned go to the coach and say something. If he’s not doing anything take it to the DOC.

Don’t come on here and expect something to change. If you aren’t willing to do suggestion one or two either deal with it or chose to keep your child home. Complaining on a an anonymous message board and hoping for change only demonstrates your incompetence.

Comment

Ahh, yes. Here comes the daily celebration of ignorance and selfishness from some people who post on here.

So reliable you could set your watch to it.

Comment

Soccer is the most important thing in life for these overzealous parents. Many parents derive their own self-worth from their children’s achievements.

Kids have become a reflection of their parents’ identity. Their success, in academics or sports, is a tangible way for parents to measure their own success: If my kid is a ‘winner,’ then I must be a winner too.

You picked the wrong forum to suggest a kids health is more important than maintaining his/her position on the A team.

Comment

Soccer is the most important thing in life for these overzealous parents. Many parents derive their own self-worth from their children’s achievements.

Kids have become a reflection of their parents’ identity. Their success, in academics or sports, is a tangible way for parents to measure their own success: If my kid is a ‘winner,’ then I must be a winner too.

You picked the wrong forum to suggest a kids health is more important than maintaining his/her position on the A team.
                        Sadly you are right.

Comment

Crawl underneath a rock.

Comment

Ahh, yes. Here comes the daily celebration of ignorance and selfishness from some people who post on here.

So reliable you could set your watch to it.
                            The ignorance is believing that you are changing the world one forum post at a time. Get a life.

Comment

The ignorance is believing that you are changing the world one forum post at a time. Get a life.
                              Look in the mirror

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X