Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "All we want is to be on a team where she's challenged appropriately and competitive in most games."

This is the most important thing to take out of this experience, and needs to be reinforced everywhere and often. That is all that anyone should be looking to gain from this: play on a competitive team, at the right level for the players' abilities, and have fun. The rest will take care of itself.

I'd much rather be a solid player on a decent team then riding pine on an excellent team.
    The issue with your statement is that many families don't see it like that, they just want to have their kid on the "A" team whether its the correct placement for the player or not...

Comment

The issue with your statement is that many families don't see it like that, they just want to have their kid on the "A" team whether its the correct placement for the player or not...
      Sadly, true. I know of a parent who has now played on 6 different clubs in an effort to stick with a "top team". Has to be torture for that kid.

Comment

At this point consolidation is not in the plans, but it may be in the future
        Any idea why the GPS girls are training in Epping? Sounds like Academy players all have offers already, so what's the point?

Comment

Any idea why the GPS girls are training in Epping? Sounds like Academy players all have offers already, so what's the point?
          There is always room to add some good players

Comment

You were late on your rants. I was wondering if you were OK. Good to see you haven't changed. Can't just help yourself from commenting on your opinions, whether it relates to the subject or not.

Let me guess...you go on talking-surfing.com and let them know how you feel about Seacoast DA, doncha'?
            Is that you Iain? How many teams won't have enough players this year? Will coaches show up or quit mid-season instead?

Comment

Is that you Iain? How many teams won't have enough players this year? Will coaches show up or quit mid-season instead?
              No, not Iain.

But, I'll say he's the best coach my kid has ever had.

Comment

They are not any GPS teams @ epping

Comment

They are not any GPS teams @ epping
                  Teams? Maybe not. But my daughter's team has had 5-7 GPS players training with them. Curious why when we've all been told our girls are back on the team next year.

Comment

Teams? Maybe not. But my daughter's team has had 5-7 GPS players training with them. Curious why when we've all been told our girls are back on the team next year.
                    Because these for profit super clubs will tell you just about anything to get your money. I don’t know how many other ways people can say this before it sinks in.

Comment

Don't worry mom... The GPS girls will take your daughter's spot. There are plenty of low level NEP teams to go around!

Comment

Many rosters were thin to begin with, carrying 14-18 players. Most clubs in MA carry 18-22 players, so if everyone is invited back there could still be room to add a couple. Also, the team may have told them everyone is back, but that doesn't mean every player is intending on coming back.

Competition for spots is good. Every time a player steps on the pitch they should be playing like someone is there to take their spot.

Comment

Many rosters were thin to begin with, carrying 14-18 players. Most clubs in MA carry 18-22 players, so if everyone is invited back there could still be room to add a couple. Also, the team may have told them everyone is back, but that doesn't mean every player is intending on coming back.

Competition for spots is good. Every time a player steps on the pitch they should be playing like someone is there to take their spot.
                          18-22 is simply ripping off the parents and players...16-18 is optimal and allows for kids to get playing time.

Comment

No, not Iain.

But, I'll say he's the best coach my kid has ever had.
                            I'd agree. He's great. So nice not being in a club where the coaches pit girls agains each other for position and play a lot of head games.

Comment

18-22 is simply ripping off the parents and players...16-18 is optimal and allows for kids to get playing time.
                              I agree. There won't be 22 players on a roster, that's how ECNL does it. 18 (with two goalies) is still a bit much for my taste, but with HS going to impact teams in the fall I can reluctantly see it. 16, to me, is perfect.

Comment

I agree competition is good. I welcome it. My question was really more about the logistics. If our team already has offers and better players come from GPS, then what? Personally I'm ok with people being bumped, etc. But I doubt all are ok. I'm less ok with better players not being on our top team because of the status quo.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X