Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubtful any Fall Soccer in Oregon (Club or HS)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    May God rain blessings down on you. Giving up your kids to help others is very saintly.
    Thank you. We should all be willing to make sacrifices for the weak and frail among us. The elderly in home are our future and we should protect them even if it means hurting the kids.

Comment

1. Your response was not sensible.
      2. I am as liberal as they come. I might even vote for AOC if I lived in her district, so that puts me far left. Red hat = toilet paper.
      3. My kids are doing great. They are doing private soccer training sessions M/W/F with some incredible technical coaches - something they wouldn't be able to do if they were training with their team (one kid is doing lacrosse). They are also doing 1v2 sessions at a sports performance studio 3x/wk with a former Olympian and getting stronger and faster. We have them doing online summer school and my spouse is pretty hard line about them keeping their grades before they are allowed to go out and screw around with their friends. We eat really healthy food and limit screen time. We are lucky that our circumstance allows us the ability to do this. There are huge numbers of people who cannot provide a positive environment for their kids at home. Huge number. Either they don't know how, don't have the time, don't have the money, don't have the education, or there are family drama issues like alcohol, drugs, martial issues.etc.

School and sports are not a luxury. They make our communities better. They especially benefit the disadvantaged kids. Locking down kids for the sake of the few is a terrible idea. The psych damage this is doing to a lot of kids is immeasurable.

You will never defeat this virus. So best learn how to live a full life while dealing with it. Multiple people in our family in the medical industry tested positive for the virus with zero symptoms. Most likely because they are very healthy. I suspect a lot of us have had the virus and didn't even know it.

You cannot just stop living. It's like shooting a mosquito off your knee cap with a .45 magnum.
      You can just stop living. In fact as of 8/6/2020 713,973 worldwide and 162,098 in the US have stopped living as result of this virus. And of those that have recovered many struggle with the effects long after it's cleared from their system. We do not yet know why some people are affected more than others, underlying factors do play a part. But there have been deaths of otherwise healthy people as well.

If this were a game of russian roulette you could just play by yourself, I'd say go for it. Unfortunately, the actions of all those not wearing a mask, not social distancing, and wanting to just get back to "normal" just add additional bullets to the chamber and point the gun at me and mine. We need to do whatever we can to get those numbers down up to and including shutting down again and making sure when we start back up we get it right this time.

Comment

School and sports are not a luxury. They make our communities better. They especially benefit the disadvantaged kids. Locking down kids for the sake of the few is a terrible idea. The psych damage this is doing to a lot of kids is immeasurable.

You will never defeat this virus. So best learn how to live a full life while dealing with it.

I am so sick of this line. We need to operate our state at 35% for the next 2-3 years in order to control the spread of this corona virus. The children will be fine. Sports is a luxury. They don't need to play. Stop spreading lies.

In person school is done. Sports are done. Pro sports in stadiums are done. Shopping malls are done. Soon the grocery store will be curbside only. Get over if and mask and goggles at all times.

You people are so selfish.

Comment

This virus and these restrictions could be with us for 5+ years. We need to get used to masks, goggles, long sleeves, long pants and stay the F home.

If not, it will ten years from now and we still won't be able to leave our homes. Wear the mask! And goggles! And stay home!

Comment

By shutting our economy down our tax base will shrivel up and they will have to cut every service including schools and sports and welfare.

So might as well get used to hunkering down at home. We are in this for the long haul.

Comment

This virus and these restrictions could be with us for 5+ years. We need to get used to masks, goggles, long sleeves, long pants and stay the F home.

If not, it will ten years from now and we still won't be able to leave our homes. Wear the mask! And goggles! And stay home!
              I think you need more exclamation points.

Comment

Sorry if I have worked hard and make more money than you. Sorry you feel so bad about it. Have you considered getting up a little earlier and or working a little harder? It might not help but it might make you feel a little better. Or maybe you just have that little dark cloud in your heart no matter what. Sorry.
                Too bad the intelligence needed to make $$$$ has no correlation to actual real life intelligence.

I'm laughing my ass off that you are touting 'technical' trainers that you pay 3x a week to work with your kid.

Too bad you couldn't teach your kid to be intelligent and work hard on his/her own like every accomplished player has done in the history of the world.

You are joke, without one clue on how to get better a soccer.

Comment

This ain’t going away any time soon. If you think five years from now we will out of the woods you are living in fantasy land.

Comment

Too bad the intelligence needed to make $$$$ has no correlation to actual real life intelligence.
                    Yep. Look at people you know that make good money. They aren’t very smart. The most intelligent people I know are very poor and live in bad parts of town. Fact.

Comment

Yep. Look at people you know that make good money. They aren’t very smart. The most intelligent people I know are very poor and live in bad parts of town. Fact.
                      Intelligent people do t waste money on schooling or waste the time on creating wealth.

True wealth is being centered and mediating to make the discomfort in your life not make you feel sad.

Comment

I am glad to know this. This makes me feel really smart.

Comment

Let's face it. If you kids are so mentally weak they they're going to melt into a puddle because they can't play a game on weekends, you should probably seek some professional assistance in raising kids, not teaching them how to kick a ball better.

Comment

As a professional in the mental health industry I can tell you the repercussions of no school and no sports is having a disproportionately negative effect on low income children. It’s ugly and I don’t see it getting any better. We don’t have a good model with how to deal with children that are effectively on house arrest. Especially when there are abusive households. Or when kids are left alone for long periods of time.

Comment

As a professional in the mental health industry I can tell you the repercussions of no school and no sports is having a disproportionately negative effect on low income children. It’s ugly and I don’t see it getting any better. We don’t have a good model with how to deal with children that are effectively on house arrest. Especially when there are abusive households. Or when kids are left alone for long periods of time.
                              Oh spare me the mental health BS. We are dealing with a pandemic that is not going away any time soon. Those kids need to man up and knock that BS off.

You people that want your kids to leave the house and play sports are putting me and my family at risk.

Comment

Yep. Look at people you know that make good money. They aren’t very smart.
                                See Trump as the most accurate description of this reality.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X