Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will high school soccer be cancelled/postponed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know a lot of people that work for the state. Nice people but they aren’t particularly smart and I wouldn’t trust them to make decisions in the best interest of my kids.

All sports should be optional. Parents should be the sole decision makers.

Yeah yeah I know. What of if we have a massive outbreak? So what. If you choose to go mountain climbing and you fall and die, at least you weren’t home sitting on your butt watching TV.
    Let everyone sign a waiver and then whoever wants to play should be allowed to play. We can't end everyone's lives forever. That is dumb.

Comment

The virus will never be contained. Ever. Imagine someone releases 2,000,000,000.000 mosquitoes in your backyard and gives you a net. You have a better chance of catching them all unharmed than containing this thing.

The more 3/4 measures we take the longer this BS will drag out. Open the flood gates and let the virus flow.
      So if we can never fully contain it, then what?

I know some European countries have contained it. How is that possible if even one person still has it? Did they just stop testing?

Comment

I love the internet. The commenter above opining on how smart others are is indicative of our broken society -- and his/her indifference to a massive outbreak is simply counterproductive if we ever want to return to normal. Again, for the one-millionth time: the difference between your analogy of mountain climbing and the COVID crisis is that in the former you hurt yourself, in the latter you hurt others and contribute to community spread. Of course to you, it's the government employees who aren't particularly smart ...
        The amazing government agency in charge of health said that most of the people who have died had multiple pre-existing conditions. So the fat guy eating a cheeseburger right now in the Burger King parking lot and washing it down with a bucket of french fries and a gallon of soda pop, in that example he is hurting himself and he is hurting all of our kids because we have to lock them down to protect his obese, diseased body. Or am I getting your analogy wrong?

Healthy people overwhelmingly have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I love the internet. The commenter above opining on how smart others are is indicative of our broken society -- and his/her indifference to a massive outbreak is simply counterproductive if we ever want to return to normal. Again, for the one-millionth time: the difference between your analogy of mountain climbing and the COVID crisis is that in the former you hurt yourself, in the latter you hurt others and contribute to community spread. Of course to you, it's the government employees who aren't particularly smart ...
          Thank you for this. I could not have said it better.

Comment

Thank you for this. I could not have said it better.
            Thank you for commenting on your own comment. Be sure to give yourself a high five.

Comment

The amazing government agency in charge of health said that most of the people who have died had multiple pre-existing conditions. So the fat guy eating a cheeseburger right now in the Burger King parking lot and washing it down with a bucket of french fries and a gallon of soda pop, in that example he is hurting himself and he is hurting all of our kids because we have to lock them down to protect his obese, diseased body. Or am I getting your analogy wrong?

You righteous people and your fat shaming. It's terrible. Fat people have feelings too and they shouldn't have to die so your kid can play a game.

Comment

There you go, pushed to March/April 2021

Comment

I like my fast food and don’t exercise but I quit cigarettes 3 years ago. I’ve tried losing weight but I’m still 60 lbs over weight. Are you saying my life is not important?

I have COPD and diabetes. You wearing a mask and keeping your kids home and no sports keeps me safe.

Comment

Uh no, you're not getting it. Obesity is not transmittable or contagious to anyone, let alone healthy people. COVID is.

Comment

I like my fast food and don’t exercise but I quit cigarettes 3 years ago. I’ve tried losing weight but I’m still 60 lbs over weight. Are you saying my life is not important?

I have COPD and diabetes. You wearing a mask and keeping your kids home and no sports keeps me safe.
                      I’m happy to mask up for the next 4-5 years for you my friend. God bless.

Comment

Happy to wear a mask. Happy to wash my hands. Happy to take my temperature.

You can stay home and keep yourself safe.

Comment

This is why we lock everyone down. We have people who need us to keep them safe.

Five years is probably what we need.

Comment

Ready for it

I had too many edibles last night and my cat spilled the beans. He also gave me the recipe for Coca Cola.
                            Let me know when you want the recipe.

Comment

Let me know when you want the recipe.
                              Woke up in the morning and realized I don’t have a cat.

Comment

Will high school soccer be cancelled or postponed?
                                Both

Cancelled for Fall.

Postponed to a season in 2021 for now.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X