Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will RI have High School Soccer this fall?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raimondo is canceling all sports. Claims no reason to have kids remote learning and playing. Sports. Doesn’t want kids mixing with other schools so no fall sports.

Club sports will try to play, then get shut down. Some kid tested positive after a club practice last week. Will not name the club to protect it. Parents irate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Raimondo is canceling all sports. Claims no reason to have kids remote learning and playing. Sports. Doesn’t want kids mixing with other schools so no fall sports.

Club sports will try to play, then get shut down. Some kid tested positive after a club practice last week. Will not name the club to protect it. Parents irate.
      Protect the club? Lots of ways a kid can get Covid. When someone tests positive it should not turn into a blame game.

Comment

Protect the club from what? And what are parents irate about? I send my kids to club practice knowing they're doing everything by the book, but if some asymptomatic teammate happens to transmit the virus to them, that's the chance we're taking to help otherwise try to improve our kids' physical and mental health by allowing them to play. And I'd be reassured by the facts surrounding how kids are affected by the virus.

Honestly, I don't believe this person's post. Just an attempt to troll.

Comment

Protect the club from what? And what are parents irate about? I send my kids to club practice knowing they're doing everything by the book, but if some asymptomatic teammate happens to transmit the virus to them, that's the chance we're taking to help otherwise try to improve our kids' physical and mental health by allowing them to play. And I'd be reassured by the facts surrounding how kids are affected by the virus.

Honestly, I don't believe this person's post. Just an attempt to troll.
          Club wants to protect against parents pulling the plug and demanding refunds. It’s all fun and games until your child gets it. Plenty of data on long-term heart and cognitive issues even if you ‘recover.’

Comment

Once we get a reliable antibody test we'll find we are all in trouble.... if this is as contagious as it has shown, what do you think a few months did to us before we sounded the alarm and had a test. Many more people have had this than we are aware.... and have already recovered unaware they had covid.

Comment

Club wants to protect against parents pulling the plug and demanding refunds. It’s all fun and games until your child gets it. Plenty of data on long-term heart and cognitive issues even if you ‘recover.’
              Maybe you ought to stop exclusively reading the NYT and watching CNN and actually look at some statistics before you go spreading the fear. News outlets benefit from more clicks, so I can understand why they like to sensationalize everything. What's your excuse?

Comment

Once we get a reliable antibody test we'll find we are all in trouble.... if this is as contagious as it has shown, what do you think a few months did to us before we sounded the alarm and had a test. Many more people have had this than we are aware.... and have already recovered unaware they had covid.
                If you heard about the blood donor test sampling that was done (on WPRO this morning) then actually the rate of spread was minimal (it was far below the 2% in the state antibody testing). Now, maybe you are right it's the test itself has a problem.

You can look at this 2 ways - one is the transmission outside truly congregate settings is low or the other way that we are far from herd immunity..

Comment

If you heard about the blood donor test sampling that was done (on WPRO this morning) then actually the rate of spread was minimal (it was far below the 2% in the state antibody testing). Now, maybe you are right it's the test itself has a problem.

You can look at this 2 ways - one is the transmission outside truly congregate settings is low or the other way that we are far from herd immunity..
                  haven't 2% of the RI population tested positive (20k positive for 1 million population). How can the antibodies also be 2%

Comment

https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/status/1290719177439883265/photo/1

Take a look at this and tell me that prior to everyone's stay at home order and the red flag raised how a large chunk of the population has not already been infected, at least in populated areas. Anyone remember getting sick in late february or early march, let's hope the herd is in good shape... no good way to test yet.

Comment

When can the general public get antibody tests? Was definitely very sick in Feb as was many of my friends oddly not many of theIt kids

Comment

When can the general public get antibody tests? Was definitely very sick in Feb as was many of my friends oddly not many of theIt kids
                        Donate blood..antibody testing with results given back - not sure how long it takes

Comment

Field Hockey, Football, Soccer, and Volleyball are all sports that are not able to compete until RI moves to Phase 4. If that does not happen this fall, the RIIL is exploring the concept of two shortened late winter/spring seasons. One for fall sports that couldn’t compete in the fall and one for traditional spring sports.

GAme over. Start date pushed back for all RIIL sports until sept 14. Which is code for we have to cancel but we don’t want to disappoint you yet.

Comment

PA Gov just shut down fall sports. RI to follow soon

Comment

PA Gov just shut down fall sports. RI to follow soon
                              Troll. Go back to PA.

Comment

Troll. Go back to PA.
                                No trolling. just facts. What will you do without sports? Time to wake up - our lives have been altered for at least another year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X