Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your town, not all towns! Your town program sucks. Mine doesn't. Simple.
    Oh so if your town doesn't suck, are the coaches and board members fighting it out with SRI? or are they taking the passive wait and see approach? I bet your amazing town won't play games wither because the towns don't make an effort and fight for those kids.

Comment

Good article supporting soccer being played in a pandemic in Soccer Today.
      https://www.soccertoday.com/player-youth-soccer-can-keep-kids-safer-in-the-pandemic/

Comment

Oh so if your town doesn't suck, are the coaches and board members fighting it out with SRI? or are they taking the passive wait and see approach? I bet your amazing town won't play games wither because the towns don't make an effort and fight for those kids.
        SRI actually has authority over town soccer. They can revoke all insurance. They have no authority over club soccer. So there you have it. Go tell your boss that you can do whatever you want. There are town people talking to SRI, but it is a negotiation and sharing of information. Towns cannot simply claim that COVID is a hoax and ignore the governing body.

Comment

If only people would fight as hard to combat COVID then the kids would be playing already.

Comment

Another parent and I are discussing current restrictions and they have asserted to me that RI teams are not allowed to leave the state to play games. Did Gina actually close that loophole, or try to? I know the in-state restrictions, stable group size, scrimmages within teams only, etc., but I searched and couldn't find anything addressing what the state says about leaving to go somewhere less restrictive to play. I've heard anecdotes from parents of baseball/softball players who've done that, but not sure if that's specific to those sports or not. Regardless, I'm not sure Gina has the authority to restrict a citizen's activity in another state.

I know MA is out for the time being, but there are opportunities for tournaments in more far flung states. I've heard NJ has been having them for most of the summer, for example.

Comment

SRI actually has authority over town soccer. They can revoke all insurance. They have no authority over club soccer. So there you have it. Go tell your boss that you can do whatever you want. There are town people talking to SRI, but it is a negotiation and sharing of information. Towns cannot simply claim that COVID is a hoax and ignore the governing body.
              Actually towns don't have to get insurance through SRI. You can get insurance from private companies such as https://www.gsportsinsurance.com/soccer-insurance/
              There are ways around it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X