Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, how are CU and Thorns able to run tryouts and practices on THPRD fields while in Phase 1?
    Thorns were at Horizon. Westside Timbers, CU, and THUSC had tryouts at THPRD facilities.

Comment

THPRD is a public space, Phase 1 guidelines are applicable
      Phase 1 guidelines are applicable in every space, private or public, in Washington, Multnomah and Clackamas counties.

Comment

Then why were there tryouts at THPRD?

Comment

Then why were there tryouts at THPRD?
          Why are there tryouts and team trainings going on at Portland Adventist, OES and West Hills Christian?

Comment

Best to contact OSHA to find out what is allowable.

Comment

Best to contact OSHA to find out what is allowable.
              I am SURE that OHSA will really look forward to hearing from you and will send a squad of investigators out to get to the bottom of this immediately. The fact that they act completely uninterested when you call should not deter you. When they say, uh huh, uh huh, repeatedly as you breathlessly file the report over the phone should not deter you. You need to demand a full investigation and settle for nothing less than the full power of the law crashing down on their heads.

Don't let them fool you. They really don't have anything better to do no matter what they say.

Comment

These type of posts were kind of funny pre-covid, really not now.

SCA parent told me they were taking social distancing seriously in their team training. Jo (ADF) told me they were having a very hard time renting fields right now; definitely implied they had not doing team training.

I am aware of ADF, SCA, PCU (I think) and UPDX coaches doing personal training. I think they should, as long as they can follow the rules (and think they can). Maybe there is a fine line between personal training when the groups get bigger and team training; will give poster benefit of doubt.

Long way of saying - can we hold off on the cough, winks and slander of clubs right now? If you have actual proof of someone violating in a material way phase 1 requirements, fine - but telling yourself someone else is cheating in the echo chamber we all live with during covid and then publicly bashing based on those stories - just the wrong time to be doing it.

-a UPDX parent
                Great point, great post. Well said.

OPFC Parent

Comment

Great point, great post. Well said.

OPFC Parent
                  More to the point, nobody cares about this nonsensical thread of stupidity.

Comment

Jealous that your team can’t get any fields? Find a team that can. You have to decide what is best for YOUR player. Apparently certain memberships to certain clubs have more privileges than others. Call the club director or a coach, come watch a training session. But I don’t recommend signed any contracts to a club that has no access to fields.

Comment

Which clubs do not have access to fields

Comment

Which clubs do not have access to fields
                        Better question these days which clubs do have access to fields in the Phase 1 Tri-County area?

Comment

Are any of the school fields available for practice in the tri-county? Many of the clubs are dependent upon school fields.

Comment

Are any of the school fields available for practice in the tri-county? Many of the clubs are dependent upon school fields.
                            Seems some private schools are available; still subject to phase 1 requirements in tri-county.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X