Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice attempt at tearing down the coaching staff. Half the G06 were cut because they were not competitive. They were losing games 6-0, 7-0. The replaced those girls with strong players and got much better. They still are not the best but they improved drastically. LP and MA are good coaches and sounds like a lot of salt from you. Don't be angry your kid got cut. Just have them work hard and find a club that fits.
    It is sad you are drinking the Kool Aid! MA and LP are not good coaches and a poor example to have for players. They treat players differently based on who they think are talented etc. My daughter has first hand experience of this treatment. All players should be treated and coached the same! And to have MA in a leadership position is just an example of why there is such turn over each year. Says something when your teams have 40-50 percent turnover each year. And yes... I am a bitter ex PAC parent but I am speaking for how players should be treated.

Comment

While I don't know or have experience with either of the coaches, I'm not sure 'treating' every player the same works.
      Sure, treat every player with respect and honor their dignity. But you can't train player #1 the same as player #18, nor should you. A good coach/trainer will make sessions challenging for both, but each need to be treated differently in order to make maximum their opportunity.
      Lastly, one of the great problems we have here in this country is that, because we want everyone treated the same, the top end player is often at a disadvantage and doesn't develop to their potential. If the goal of competitive soccer is to help support the professional game and increase our national team success (at least on the boys side), we have to do better with our top end players. That doesn't mean creating "super" teams, but it does mean recognizing the potential in players (particularly above U15) and doing our best to elevate that player.
      Since such a small percentage will ever make it to college/pro, treating these players differently is needed.
      Sorry, soapbox step down now.

Comment

While I don't know or have experience with either of the coaches, I'm not sure 'treating' every player the same works.
        Sure, treat every player with respect and honor their dignity. But you can't train player #1 the same as player #18, nor should you. A good coach/trainer will make sessions challenging for both, but each need to be treated differently in order to make maximum their opportunity.
        Lastly, one of the great problems we have here in this country is that, because we want everyone treated the same, the top end player is often at a disadvantage and doesn't develop to their potential. If the goal of competitive soccer is to help support the professional game and increase our national team success (at least on the boys side), we have to do better with our top end players. That doesn't mean creating "super" teams, but it does mean recognizing the potential in players (particularly above U15) and doing our best to elevate that player.
        Since such a small percentage will ever make it to college/pro, treating these players differently is needed.
        This is a good post!

Comment

Will there be a fall high school season?

Has anyone heard from their daughter's coaches whether we will have a fall high school season?

Comment

Has anyone heard from their daughter's coaches whether we will have a fall high school season?
            My daughters play in kingco 4a and they have been having workouts and practices for past few weeks. Coaches are planning to be able to be present july10th. Wiaa has no plan on canceling fall sports. If the teams cant be with their coaches in july then their will be no dead period in august. The coaches will be a le to have practices up to tryouts if that happens.

Comment

This sounds good, but at what club are coaches consistently tailoring the training to indiv player needs? Most coaches don't care about potential - they want the kids that are easiest to work with right now because they have too many teams and too much pressure to win, even with younger kids. Treating every player with respect is an ideal too many coaches can't even live up to...

Comment

First, I think most coaches want to achieve this goal.

However, I'd say the coaches most able to focus on developing the high-level (potential) player to be their best, and also treat the player with respect and dignity, are those that are outside the pay-to-play model and likely are professionals. In, WA I believe that means the top (free) XF and Sounders.

I say this because these youth coaches need to have little fear for their job. The pay-to-play model where there is a customer to address means that clubs/coaches need to attract paying players and this, in turn, means results on the field become the focus.

My understanding is that in many of the top European academies, many of the younger age coaches are on longer term contracts that the first team coaches. And since these are fully funded programs, they get to focus on the development of the player first.

Here in the US we preach player development, but I don't think there are many clubs/teams that can truly focus on that primary goal in the current paradigm.

Seems like I keep getting on an off the soapbox :)

Comment

First, I think most coaches want to achieve this goal.

However, I'd say the coaches most able to focus on developing the high-level (potential) player to be their best, and also treat the player with respect and dignity, are those that are outside the pay-to-play model and likely are professionals. In, WA I believe that means the top (free) XF and Sounders.

I say this because these youth coaches need to have little fear for their job. The pay-to-play model where there is a customer to address means that clubs/coaches need to attract paying players and this, in turn, means results on the field become the focus.

My understanding is that in many of the top European academies, many of the younger age coaches are on longer term contracts that the first team coaches. And since these are fully funded programs, they get to focus on the development of the player first.

Here in the US we preach player development, but I don't think there are many clubs/teams that can truly focus on that primary goal in the current paradigm.

Seems like I keep getting on an off the soapbox :)
                  100% agree with all of this.

Comment

This.....

This is well said and i don't think it differs on the women's side. US has advantage today. The gap is closing. What you stated is right on the money.
                    My daughter played for both these coaches, they don't roll teams 50% regularly. They add and subtract the lower 2-4 players as expected.

Comment

Not quite factual

My kid was G06 Div 3 and all those PacECNL girls got dropped all the way to div 3, they still had 6 players dual rostered with their ECNL team and for 1st. Lost to the last place team when their ECNL girls had to miss because they had a game conflict. First game we played them I was like *** they have 8 girls on the field with ECNL patches. They don't have a div 1 or 2 team so there was no where else to put them.

Pac is the only club that I have witnessed cheating in a game, twice sneaking unrostered kids in to a game. Not saying they are the only ones that would do this, but in 5 years they are the only one I have witnessed directly.

They were one of a couple of clubs that took early registrations trying to snag up reign players, other clubs chose not to. I don't think it ended up helping their struggling ECNL much. Many other clubs now saying they wont go to Winter Classic in retaliation, but with covid happening seems like it hardly matters now.

Seems like Pac needs to re-evaluate their decision making process at the top as it's not representing their organization well.
                      You are correct that those players were dropped to the team below which played division 3. There were 4 players that played games over the course of the season and never more than 2 pulled up at a time. Should they not pull from their second team to the first? That second team also tried to play D2 and couldn't get in. What would you expect them to do with second team players? Every club grabs their second team players when they only roster 13 on the ECNL team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X