Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I suspect the above posters shaming the dad or mom for wanting to be at their kids practices are the coaches or the facility owners. You can say awful things to put a print down for wanting to be part of their kids experience because you as the coach feel uncomfortable with parents watching if you want. There is nothing wrong with parents watching practices and games. Stop judging.
    No. Because, and I learned this a long time ago so take it as advice or not, but coaches just don't want you there. You are a distraction. Every time your kid looks up at you, it's a distraction. Every time you tell your kid something, you are a distraction. Not just to your kid, but to those around them.

Let the kids learn without the drone over their heads.

Go shopping. Go have an app and a drink. Go for a walk.

Comment

If this is how coaches really feel, than you need to have closed practices and be up front with parents when they sign the dotted line that you don't want them there. Don't use COVID safety protocols as your opportunity to get rid of parents because it make you uncomfortable.

Comment

If this is how coaches really feel, than you need to have closed practices and be up front with parents when they sign the dotted line that you don't want them there. Don't use COVID safety protocols as your opportunity to get rid of parents because it make you uncomfortable.
        I've seen coaches ask that parents "don't get involved" in training, but not outright ban them. Because, it's common sense and shouldn't need to be said.

Let your kid learn without you spoon-feeding them.

Comment

I don’t think coaches are uncomfortable with parents watching. I would guess it’s more an annoyance since kids are probably distracted by it. And if a parent is actually speaking to their kid during a practice, that’s just insane.

Comment

I've seen coaches ask that parents "don't get involved" in training, but not outright ban them. Because, it's common sense and shouldn't need to be said.

Let your kid learn without you spoon-feeding them.
            Assuming that people on here are talking about club soccer.... So, if you’ve done your research and placed your kid in a club with strong coaching, quality training and on a team that’s at the correct level for them, why do you need to watch practice or, even more insanely, speak to your kid during a training session? What are you paying for if you just want to coach your kid yourself?

The one thing that I can tell you for certain—the higher the level of team, the less parents you will see watching practice. Also related—the higher the level of team, the less yelling/instruction you will hear from parents on the sideline of games.

Comment

Assuming that people on here are talking about club soccer.... So, if you’ve done your research and placed your kid in a club with strong coaching, quality training and on a team that’s at the correct level for them, why do you need to watch practice or, even more insanely, speak to your kid during a training session? What are you paying for if you just want to coach your kid yourself?

The one thing that I can tell you for certain—the higher the level of team, the less parents you will see watching practice. Also related—the higher the level of team, the less yelling/instruction you will hear from parents on the sideline of games.
              I agree, mostly. I have never "coached" my son while he was at practice, and stopped instructing him when he was a Ulittle - after reading about how Pros and College players describe their experiences. I enjoy watching my sons practice and play games. Know all too well it will end soon enough.

Comment

No. Because, and I learned this a long time ago so take it as advice or not, but coaches just don't want you there. You are a distraction. Every time your kid looks up at you, it's a distraction. Every time you tell your kid something, you are a distraction. Not just to your kid, but to those around them.

Let the kids learn without the drone over their heads.

Go shopping. Go have an app and a drink. Go for a walk.
                Amen brother. Drop your kid off, pick them up when practice is over.

Comment

Amen brother. Drop your kid off, pick them up when practice is over.
                  oh, and don't grill them on what they did in practice either.

Comment

I agree, mostly. I have never "coached" my son while he was at practice, and stopped instructing him when he was a Ulittle - after reading about how Pros and College players describe their experiences. I enjoy watching my sons practice and play games. Know all too well it will end soon enough.
                    I agree. I enjoy watching too. I don't say one word as thats the job of our coach. But I like watching the kids play and chatting with my friends who are parents. I don't see why we have to put down the parents that actually enjoy the sport and watching their kid play the sport.

Comment

oh, and don't grill them on what they did in practice either.
                      **Boys Club response

I don't ask them what they did in practice, but I always ask who was there...I've paid what I consider to be "big bucks" for a coach and his team...If the coach or half the players can't bother to be there, what am I paying for?

Comment

my understanding is that the MA friendlies (NEFC, Select) are not sanctioned matches and earn them no points.

the reader can decide if they are holding them to make all the mad cash or as a way to get their kids playing more soccer.
                        Friendlies are pointless. Cost for playing too high For frienleiws without any college coaches watching.

Comment

Friendlies are pointless. Cost for playing too high For frienleiws without any college coaches watching.
                          What about this event Select, Bolts, Aztec, Liverpool and Bayside is putting on,
                          They claim coaches will be in attendance and every game will be filmed, https://www.newenglandcollegeshowcase.com/

Comment

What about this event Select, Bolts, Aztec, Liverpool and Bayside is putting on,
                            They claim coaches will be in attendance and every game will be filmed, https://www.newenglandcollegeshowcase.com/
                            D1 coaches can’t watch. Assuming there are tons of travel restrictions that other coaches won’t want to deal with, and I would think assistant coaches have been furloughed at this point. I’m not seeing the draw. I suppose if games were live streamed that may increase assess to games for coaches.

Comment

It might get a few local D3 coaches who can drive in for the day. In this area that actually is quite a few schools, but that doesn't mean they'll come

Comment

D1 coaches can’t watch. Assuming there are tons of travel restrictions that other coaches won’t want to deal with, and I would think assistant coaches have been furloughed at this point. I’m not seeing the draw. I suppose if games were live streamed that may increase assess to games for coaches.
                                D1 coaches can watch whatever they want-they just cant have any contact
                                and you are correct they wont quarantine for anything unknown

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X