Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 Boys

Thoughts on clubs for 2009 boys? Moving to Providence areas this winter with a 2009 boy who currently plays in the top division for his club team in NJ. Looking for high level of competition, top teammates to train with, best coaches, as well as private training opportunities. Where cN he get the best opportunity for all of these. Within 1 hour of Providence please.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thoughts on clubs for 2009 boys? Moving to Providence areas this winter with a 2009 boy who currently plays in the top division for his club team in NJ. Looking for high level of competition, top teammates to train with, best coaches, as well as private training opportunities. Where cN he get the best opportunity for all of these. Within 1 hour of Providence please.
    Before the cheerleaders weigh in, I'll try to be objective.

Bayside FC - based in E. Prov. Teams play at a high level and there's a path to MLS Next, or whatever it's called. They have a reputation, with probably at least a smidgen of truth to it, for having angry coaches and angry parents. They do win a lot though.
    Bruno - based somewhere around Providence; from what I've seen, they're at a slightly lower level in the state, although I've heard they can have the occasional really good team.
    Juventus Academy Boston - New in RI, I think they're out of Tiverton or somewhere over there? Only have knowledge of one age group, but they seem very competitive.
    Liverpool Academy (not to be confused with Spirit of Liverpool) - not sure if they expanded to farther south, but they were up in northern RI. They may not be the most competitive, but I've heard nothing but positive things from families involved.
    Surf - You'll heard all kinds of sh!t-talking about them, because they were formed by GPS RI when GPS went under and NEFC SE when they broke away from the MA club. But they took most of their players with them (thus the sh!t-talk), and they had some pretty solid teams. With the season getting all screwed up this fall, they don't have much of a track record so it's hard to say how talented they actually are.

If leagues make a difference to you, Juventus and Surf are in EDP, which is new to New England, although I think that doesn't start until U13; U12 and younger are in NECSL. The others are in NEP (at the 2009 age group).

Comment

Within 1 hour of Providence would cover just about all of RI, and would also include a number of options in MA. NEFC, Bolts, FC Stars, etc.

Comment

Bayside has the only 2009 boys team in the Revolution Development League (pre-MLS NEXT, previously pre-Academy) within 30 minutes of Providence (located in East Providence). NEFC is about an hour away in Marlboro. Coming on mid-season, may be difficult to get on to a team at this level, unless your boy is a goal keeper, which are always in demand and needed by both Bayside and NEFC's RDL teams.

Comment

Bayside has the only 2009 boys team in the Revolution Development League (pre-MLS NEXT, previously pre-Academy) within 30 minutes of Providence (located in East Providence). NEFC is about an hour away in Marlboro. Coming on mid-season, may be difficult to get on to a team at this level, unless your boy is a goal keeper, which are always in demand and needed by both Bayside and NEFC's RDL teams.
          I was one of the responders above and forgive me, I always screw up the years/ages with the 2009s and 2010s. Keep thinking 9-years old and 10-years old (which the 2010s actually are this year). But true enough about getting on a RDL roster, or any other top level team, after the teams have already been selected.

Comment

Before the cheerleaders weigh in, I'll try to be objective.

Bayside FC - based in E. Prov. Teams play at a high level and there's a path to MLS Next, or whatever it's called. They have a reputation, with probably at least a smidgen of truth to it, for having angry coaches and angry parents. They do win a lot though.
            Bruno - based somewhere around Providence; from what I've seen, they're at a slightly lower level in the state, although I've heard they can have the occasional really good team.
            Juventus Academy Boston - New in RI, I think they're out of Tiverton or somewhere over there? Only have knowledge of one age group, but they seem very competitive.
            Liverpool Academy (not to be confused with Spirit of Liverpool) - not sure if they expanded to farther south, but they were up in northern RI. They may not be the most competitive, but I've heard nothing but positive things from families involved.
            Surf - You'll heard all kinds of sh!t-talking about them, because they were formed by GPS RI when GPS went under and NEFC SE when they broke away from the MA club. But they took most of their players with them (thus the sh!t-talk), and they had some pretty solid teams. With the season getting all screwed up this fall, they don't have much of a track record so it's hard to say how talented they actually are.

If leagues make a difference to you, Juventus and Surf are in EDP, which is new to New England, although I think that doesn't start until U13; U12 and younger are in NECSL. The others are in NEP (at the 2009 age group).
            This is very objective and useful! Spot on!

Comment

If you want your kid to play with the best coaches and players, Bayside is the easy choice. The other RI clubs don't even compare. Their 2009 group is by far the best around.

Comment

If you want your kid to play with the best coaches and players, Bayside is the easy choice. The other RI clubs don't even compare. Their 2009 group is by far the best around.
                Agreed. Bayside is the best club in RI for boys. Surf is the club for girls.

Comment

Agree on bayside best club in RI for boys, disagree Surf is best club for girls.

Comment

Stay far away from Surf! Garbage club, garbage coaches, no plan struggling to find field space.

Comment

Surf best club for girls? LOL That is funny!! Who is this? LR? SC? DY? You guys have sold kids and families a bill of goods! My daughter will be looking for a new club over the winter as will many others!!

Comment

Surf RI has some great teams and great coaches. LR and his team are just not one of those teams.
                        Best teams in RI for 2009.
                        2009 Girls- Surf
                        2009 Boys- Bayside

Comment

Took longer than I would have expected, but the cheerleaders and sh!t-talkers have finally arrived.

Comment

Surf RI has some great teams and great coaches. LR and his team are just not one of those teams.
                            Best teams in RI for 2009.
                            2009 Girls- Surf
                            2009 Boys- Bayside
                            lolololololololololol

Comment

If we are talking about Girls 2009 check out the talent on Liverpool SW 2009 girls! I wonder if they played Surf 2009 Girls.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X