Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which local teams are nationally relevant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Match sealed for Cleveland FC around the 16minute mark of 1st half with another Clumsy Goalie Foul this time by the IFC GK

Seems to be theme so far. (awkward goalie challenges on field players)

Interesting they renamed the Oregon side 'IFC' on the stream.

Props to IFC for getting this far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-vFIn9-Yn4
    Who is Cleveland FC? Did Ohio Elite rebrand themselves? Or CUP? They were the only relavent teams before ECNL pen DA.

I guess the same can be said for IFC.

USYS Nationals isn’t what it used to be, but it is still an accomplishment getting to any national championship event.

Comment

Who is Cleveland FC? Did Ohio Elite rebrand themselves? Or CUP? They were the only relavent teams before ECNL pen DA.

USYS Nationals isn’t what it used to be, but it is still an accomplishment getting to any national championship event.
      Any team from Oregon gutting it out in the sweltering Dallas heat should be commended. That’s hard work!

Comment

Any team from Oregon gutting it out in the sweltering Dallas heat should be commended. That’s hard work!
        Absolutely, great job GPS kids. You did Oregon proud!!!

Comment

GPS will join ECNL next year. Watch out!!

Comment

I'm the original author... are you referring to this?

Not confusion of CU and Crossfire Premier. If you go to the page for U14 girls (https://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/OR/14/Girls/), you'll see Crossfire United listed twice.

Someone from the club should notify the hosts of this website to correct this (there is a way to do so).
            Yes, Crossfire United is the Oregon team (probably there only one on your list im guessing for any age groups on the girls side in the top 100) crossfire premier is the Washington Crossfire.

Comment

Thanks dad!

Comment

Yes, Crossfire United is the Oregon team (probably there only one on your list im guessing for any age groups on the girls side in the top 100) crossfire premier is the Washington Crossfire.
                Still not right.

This is a great example of why these websites are a bunch of BS. Crossfires 05 girls team played fall league as an "04" team last year and had to create a new team ID to be allowed to. Because of this they showed up on this particular ranking site. Once again these sites are utter garbage, as they only compile what gets submitted, and in the end they are nothing but fodder for parents to say they are a good team.

Comment

Still not right.

This is a great example of why these websites are a bunch of BS. Crossfires 05 girls team played fall league as an "04" team last year and had to create a new team ID to be allowed to. Because of this they showed up on this particular ranking site. Once again these sites are utter garbage, as they only compile what gets submitted, and in the end they are nothing but fodder for parents to say they are a good team.
                  Utter garbage yes. You have a right to be furious. Disgusting.

Wait, what are we talking about?

Comment

Here comes a rant from a GPS dad. I find it sad that so many threads become attacks on GPS and others. Not sad for GPS or those being attacked, sad for the way their minds work and kids they influence. It is ironic that last year before GPS had achieved National League and USYS National Championships, people said that rankings don't matter. I personally don't care if your coach or parents go into a game with rankings points in mind. We've had experiences like that and it didn't work for us. I am certain that qualifying for the National Championships will go on my kid's resume. I am just as certain she will not have her team rankings on that same resume, regardless of the debate over which rankings site is best.

I read about facts on talking soccer. The fact is that the GPS girls have won when it counts to get where they are. They have developed into a better/deeper team than when they were ranked much higher. I am perfectly happy with the feedback and looks that my daughter has received. It is great that she and her teammates have already qualified to do the same thing again next year. It is all good with us. It makes me wonder why others can't say the same and be secure with their own kid or team. My daughter spends a lot of time traveling and working out, probably as much as any kid around. That time would be wasted if I spent it teaching her to focus on other people's flaws. My goal is for her to win in life. You might have your own definition of what that means, I have mine. Here are another couple of facts. The girls know who the best players are. The college coaches know who the best players are. What are you trying to achieve by arguing about it here?

To negatively attack others only appeals to the lowest common denominator. If you think it will bring girls to your club, it will, but not the highest quality individuals. In fact, much the opposite. If you think that attacking others will make you feel better about your coaching or your parenting decisions, it may. But it will also expose the fact that you are lacking self-esteem or character.

Why am I spending my time posting here? There are a couple reasons. I hope that if parents from GPS are reading this, they will understand how good they have it and ignore the noise. If someone that has been negative about GPS or others reads it, I hope they find a way to focus on being positive. After all, the true measure of this won't be known until these kids finish their careers. If they aren't well-adjusted, their careers may be over sooner than they should have been.
                    Well said. As you stated, this goes for every successful team and club. Unfortunately the soccer culture in Oregon is to bash and badmouth any club, team or player who is successful to build up their own narrative that they can do it better. It has been this way a long time. You will find the majority of these negative posts come from coaches. It is the coaching culture in Oregon. It is toxic and bad for youth soccer.

Comment

It isn’t the arrogance of the parents, but the arrogance and lies from your coach that bothers people.
                      The only people who could possibly care about this are other coaches which further proves my point that the majority of bashing posts on this site are from coaches. Parents do not care about this petty crap. They care about their kids and team.

Comment

Well said. As you stated, this goes for every successful team and club. Unfortunately the soccer culture in Oregon is to bash and badmouth any club, team or player who is successful to build up their own narrative that they can do it better. It has been this way a long time. You will find the majority of these negative posts come from coaches. It is the coaching culture in Oregon. It is toxic and bad for youth soccer.

The beauty of Oregon club soccer is you get to create your own version of success. Then charge the parents for the fantasy cruise.

Made the DA!

Travel all over country at CU & FC P.!

Backdoor in events (USYS).

In the end we aren't any closer to any national relevance with any club teams.

That's the reality

Comment

The beauty of Oregon club soccer is you get to create your own version of success. Then charge the parents for the fantasy cruise.

Made the DA!

That's the reality
                          You should define national relevance and how that helps players?

I question anyone who complains about national relevance because the only ones who really care are the coaches. It’s all about their pay and egos! They are the ones who post this garbage!

At the end of the day there are a lot of girls playing soccer in a variety of formats. Many of these girls will go on to play in college and then move on with their lives as human beings in our society. This is success! For those who don’t play in college, they participated, worked hard and had great experiences competing and playing soccer growing up. Success!

Why do you care if some kids and families play OYSA, ECNL, GDA? The only logical reason is because it hurts the wannabe professional Oregon coach’s ego or paycheck so you make it your business to bash anything you don’t do.

Comment

CU 03g!!!!

Comment

You should define national relevance and how that helps players?

I question anyone who complains about national relevance because the only ones who really care are the coaches. It’s all about their pay and egos! They are the ones who post this garbage!

At the end of the day there are a lot of girls playing soccer in a variety of formats. Many of these girls will go on to play in college and then move on with their lives as human beings in our society. This is success! For those who don’t play in college, they participated, worked hard and had great experiences competing and playing soccer growing up. Success!

Why do you care if some kids and families play OYSA, ECNL, GDA? The only logical reason is because it hurts the wannabe professional Oregon coach’s ego or paycheck so you make it your business to bash anything you don’t do.
                              Everyone needs to make a living.

Comment

Made the DA!

That's the reality
                                Definitely none in Oregon.

Not great quality in general.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X