Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Default Roster Sizes

I have noticed a trend particularly in ECNL/DA/NPL level where teams create very big rosters from 22-26 players. Is there any legitimate reason to do this? After all it's kids soccer and I would think the kids just want to play.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have noticed a trend particularly in ECNL/DA/NPL level where teams create very big rosters from 22-26 players. Is there any legitimate reason to do this? After all it's kids soccer and I would think the kids just want to play.
Good question. And the answer is $$$$$$$.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
They can scrimmage 11v11 in practice without having to invite another team.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I canít answer the GDA reason, but if you notice many ECNL and NPL rosters within clubs have duplicate listings. If a player is not registered with an ECNL team, they can not play in an ECNL game should there be injuries or absences. Most ECNL teams will roster some of their 2nd team players so they always have the option of pulling up players. It also gives those players the opportunity to attend ECNL events
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Yes it happens but not that often. Most don't go bigger than 22. And yes some are dual rostered; a lot of spill over ECNL players play on the aggregate team
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes it happens but not that often. Most don't go bigger than 22. And yes some are dual rostered; a lot of spill over ECNL players play on the aggregate team
Also ECNL sub rules make it easier to give players on a bigger roster decent PT vs GDA.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Also ECNL sub rules make it easier to give players on a bigger roster decent PT vs GDA.
Even those sub rules cant handle a roster of 22 players. That is ridiculous.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Even those sub rules cant handle a roster of 22 players. That is ridiculous.
How can the U19 NYSC GDA roster 25 players? NYCFC has 19 for that age group. Isn't the DA rule only 16 players can per game?
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
How can the U19 NYSC GDA roster 25 players? NYCFC has 19 for that age group. Isn't the DA rule only 16 players can per game?
You should def notify ussf right away
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You should def notify ussf right away
that isn't the point and no need for the hostile reply. the op said that an ECNL team couldn't get 22 players enough playing time with unlimited subs. so with only 5 subs in a game and no reentry, how does a coach manage a DA roster of 25? NYCFC has maintained a more manageable roster size.