Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gimme a break! Saying a kid is a benchwarmer when they play less than 15 minutes a game is not an insult or disgusting, facts are facts. And of course LISC is going to appear to be better this year, GDA just added 2 terrible clubs to the NE conference. But hey as long as the parents keep writing the checks, you can all puff your chests that your kids are in GDA. Pathetic

Ps-not OP so no need to bash me with all your bs

Perhaps you didn’t read entire post. There was a lot more to it then benchwarmer. Seems like they lashed out in every direction possible. Disgusting was on the money. I guess parent isn’t as confident with their awesome player as they post. Feel sorry for player if they are learning their social skills from the self declared good parent posting. Trying to puff your chest by disparaging kids. That’s pathetic. Good luck to your awesome player.

Comment

Perhaps you didn’t read entire post. There was a lot more to it then benchwarmer. Seems like they lashed out in every direction possible. Disgusting was on the money. I guess parent isn’t as confident with their awesome player as they post. Feel sorry for player if they are learning their social skills from the self declared good parent posting. Trying to puff your chest by disparaging kids. That’s pathetic. Good luck to your awesome player.
      I am the OP and I'm not trying to puff my chest by disparaging kids, I'm just calling a spade a spade. I know in this day and age all the kids expect a trophy just for showing up, but that's really does more harm than good in the kids teenage years.

I never said my kid was an awesome player and all these other kids suck, I said my kid is an awesome player because she is. Period. No comparisons to anyone else. This is my 3rd kid coming up in youth sports and her 2 older siblings are very successful student-athletes, one on the collegiate level and one currently an upperclassman in HS knee deep in the recruiting process. No need to worry about their social skills either, they all lead well balanced, productive lives. Thanks!

Comment

^^^ another TS poster bragging about their kids and themselves.

Comment

To all - enough said....lets move on you can agree to disagree

Please do not make site BOTN 2

TY

Comment

Just remember, everyone here may think their kid is a star but if you move to cali you can bet the house your kid will be the scrub.

Comment

Riddle me this Batman- why is LISC having trials AGAIN next week if they have enough players and players moved from the top LI programs.
              As others have said players have mostly committed at this point.

Comment

Riddle me this Batman- why is LISC having trials AGAIN next week if they have enough players and players moved from the top LI programs.
                As others have said players have mostly committed at this point.
                No good player will move from a good place (ECNL or GDA) to LISC at this point. Their performance was weak this year, the club not well run. They'll get those willing to take a leap of faith just to move up. Some might be good enough, most will not.

Comment

To all - enough said....lets move on you can agree to disagree

Please do not make site BOTN 2

TY
                  Too late

Comment

Too late
                    I wouldn't say this BOTN part 2.

Here, there are no edited or censored posts and there is no shilling for the advertisers.

Comment

This is a little off topic, but I wanted to share some conversations I had with other GDA parents in Oceanside. First, every single parent I talked to believe that the GDA is the top league in this country, which in itself is not surprising, but none of them bashed their previous club, or league, which was not expected. I thought I could find at least 1 parent who wanted to pile-on when I threw some shade on ECNL. Basically, all these strangers, had class, unlike my NY/NJ/CT breathen, who can’t help themselves.

Comment

This is a little off topic, but I wanted to share some conversations I had with other GDA parents in Oceanside. First, every single parent I talked to believe that the GDA is the top league in this country, which in itself is not surprising, but none of them bashed their previous club, or league, which was not expected. I thought I could find at least 1 parent who wanted to pile-on when I threw some shade on ECNL. Basically, all these strangers, had class, unlike my NY/NJ/CT breathen, who can’t help themselves.
                        95% of soccer parents are nice regular folks regardless of league. 5 % are nuts in every league.

Comment

They don't have the Sh*t-Show for clubs we have here.

Comment

No good player will move from a good place (ECNL or GDA) to LISC at this point. Their performance was weak this year, the club not well run. They'll get those willing to take a leap of faith just to move up. Some might be good enough, most will not.

You are wrong. All the "good" players have not committed. In fact, those players are the exact ones that are not pressured into signing contracts before they are ready. Especially when they are not happy with their past club for whatever reason. Again, we will see soon enough won't we? Like someone said "agree to disagree".

Comment

That's reality. Most parents don't give two sh its about what happens elsewhere, not even in their own club let alone at other clubs. They care about how their kid is doing and that particularly team. If you went by internet comments you'd think all parents were psycho. Some are nuts, and an anonymous forum will bring that out. But much of the smack talk is clubs and coaches bashing each other. They're all competing for the same talent and all have enormous egos. When you see bashing think about who benefits most in doing it.

Comment

You are wrong. All the "good" players have not committed. In fact, those players are the exact ones that are not pressured into signing contracts before they are ready. Especially when they are not happy with their past club for whatever reason. Again, we will see soon enough won't we? Like someone said "agree to disagree".
                                I'll go out on a limb here: You will be proven wrong. Any decent player with an opportunity on another GDA club or even ECNL will have already decided on that. They want to be locked in for next year. Clubs will force them to lock in because they have other players willing to take a spot and they need to move down the list. That's how the tryout season works. The only ones willing to enter the disaster below are those who got no PT elsewhere (GDA, ECNL or lower) and think they might at LISC. If their record improves next year it will only be because Alby and Seacoast will enter the NE division to beat up on. Then there's the coaching...which is supposed to be what GDA is all about right? LISC doesn't have that either, or any organizational savvy. While USSF wasn't going to eject any club the first year, rest assured LISC is on probation.

Their U15s go 2-25-3, last place
                                U17s finish exactly the same - what are the odds?
                                U19s finish 2nd to last 4-20-1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X