Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDA having a DA bracket at their tournaments?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDA having a DA bracket at their tournaments?

Anyone know the answer?

No. USSF controls all GDA events and those are the only events GDA teams may participate in.

Comment

That's not entirely correct, while they control the big events they will allow teams to participate in certain tournaments as long as they're following DA guidlines.What those guidelines are I don't know but I do know they want to stay away from playing 3 games in 36 hours which is common in some of these events

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        That's not entirely correct, while they control the big events they will allow teams to participate in certain tournaments as long as they're following DA guidlines.What those guidelines are I don't know but I do know they want to stay away from playing 3 games in 36 hours which is common in some of these events
        The substitution rule is an obvious difference. I believe they would also need to play strictly DAP teams

Comment

With almost 80 DA teams on the girls side you would think someone would put together or add a DA bracket to an already existing tournament, surprised there isn't more info out there

Comment

With almost 80 DA teams on the girls side you would think someone would put together or add a DA bracket to an already existing tournament, surprised there isn't more info out there

They do their own events. That is the whole point.

Plus they are committed to controlling costs so they don't pay silly amped up kid soccer tournament fees.

Comment

Doing tournaments kind of goes against the purpose of the DA.

Comment

Doing tournaments kind of goes against the purpose of the DA.
                (coming from a DA parent here) And that "purpose" is to not allow DA to be compared to anything else. My son and just about all of his teammates would love to be allowed to compete against other teams.

Comment

(coming from a DA parent here) And that "purpose" is to not allow DA to be compared to anything else. My son and just about all of his teammates would love to be allowed to compete against other teams.
                  Like it or not, the USSF determined that high training to game ratio's and the freedom to develop without fear of making mistakes (mistakes that might cost games) is paramount.

Comment

DA teams can participate in non DA tournaments. The tournaments must meet the DA requirements regarding substitution as well as the one game a day as well as a day of rest.

The brackets must also be against DA teams.

Comment

It's PDA - USSF will let them do what they want with little trouble as long as they meet the guidelines. But don't expect it to develop into a trend as it runs counter to what DA is about (fewer games and tournaments) and puts an event in the hands of a club, not them

Comment

DA teams can participate in non DA tournaments. The tournaments must meet the DA requirements regarding substitution as well as the one game a day as well as a day of rest.

The brackets must also be against DA teams.
                        Thanks Captain

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X