Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP now has a Long Island Division

Information is only from BOTN at the moment, nothing on the EDP website.

Making this announcement 9 days before the registration deadline has me wondering how full the brackets are going to be.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Making this announcement 9 days before the registration deadline has me wondering how full the brackets are going to be.
    Li needs yet another soccer league like it needs a hole in the head. the most appealing thing about edp was that it was not on li. Close, but different teams.

Comment

https://twitter.com/edp_soccer/statu...41700213530624

Comment

Li needs yet another soccer league like it needs a hole in the head. the most appealing thing about edp was that it was not on li. Close, but different teams.

So true. That's what made EDP so good. You had to do some traveling but were playing against better competition.

Comment

So true. That's what made EDP so good. You had to do some traveling but were playing against better competition.
          Agree. So excited to play HBC and Smithtown/Sachem. Regular EDP or NYCSL is a better option.

Comment

Yes, the ad is on twitter. But nothing on the EDP site itself giving any details and for that matter nothing about LI in the registration page. And again, going public with this 9 days before the deadline of July 15th.

Comment

Yes, the ad is on twitter. But nothing on the EDP site itself giving any details and for that matter nothing about LI in the registration page. And again, going public with this 9 days before the deadline of July 15th.
              It's on Facebook also.

Comment

I noticed NY Surf is one of the 9.

Comment

I noticed NY Surf is one of the 9.
                  So their 3 LI teams won't have to travel far! It's open to anyone.

Comment

This was posted on BOTN today. If they can get a few more clubs it isn't a bad lineup, but registration deadline is very soon

EDP has just released this Press Release.....Registration Deadline is July 15

SIX TOP LONG ISLAND CLUBS COMMIT TO PLAY IN EDP FOR 2017-18

EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ (July 7, 2017) - Six of the top clubs on Long Island have committed to play in EDP for the 2017-18 season and more Long Island clubs are entering each day ahead of the July 15th EDP team registration deadline.

These six top clubs have made the commitment to EDP for the upcoming season: Atletico FC New York; HBC; New York Surf; Smithtown Kickers; SUSA FC; and Long Island Premier FC.

"On the heels of commitments made by these Long Island clubs, we are excited that we have the opportunity to offer a more robust league structure on Long Island starting this fall," said EDP CEO, Alan Shilling. "In addition to these commitments, we continue to receive applications from other Long Island clubs, which will only help reduce travel for a great game every week. We look forward to successfully serving Long Island as we've done in other markets for many years."

Comment

This was posted on BOTN today. If they can get a few more clubs it isn't a bad lineup, but registration deadline is very soon

EDP has just released this Press Release.....Registration Deadline is July 15

SIX TOP LONG ISLAND CLUBS COMMIT TO PLAY IN EDP FOR 2017-18

EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ (July 7, 2017) - Six of the top clubs on Long Island have committed to play in EDP for the 2017-18 season and more Long Island clubs are entering each day ahead of the July 15th EDP team registration deadline.

These six top clubs have made the commitment to EDP for the upcoming season: Atletico FC New York; HBC; New York Surf; Smithtown Kickers; SUSA FC; and Long Island Premier FC.

"On the heels of commitments made by these Long Island clubs, we are excited that we have the opportunity to offer a more robust league structure on Long Island starting this fall," said EDP CEO, Alan Shilling. "In addition to these commitments, we continue to receive applications from other Long Island clubs, which will only help reduce travel for a great game every week. We look forward to successfully serving Long Island as we've done in other markets for many years."
                      Larry is a little slow on the upload

Comment

I emailed Jen. The divisions will fall under the normal EDP Eastern NY registration. Basically LI teams would have the option of choosing EDP LI instead of EDP North. Everyone who wants in will be accepted and they will create as many EDP LI divisions as necessary to handle the number of teams who join.

I'm pretty sure I'm moving all of my clubs NYPL teams over to that to cut down on travel. Not sure what I'm doing with my NYCSL teams yet.

Comment

I emailed Jen. The divisions will fall under the normal EDP Eastern NY registration. Basically LI teams would have the option of choosing EDP LI instead of EDP North. Everyone who wants in will be accepted and they will create as many EDP LI divisions as necessary to handle the number of teams who join.

I'm pretty sure I'm moving all of my clubs NYPL teams over to that to cut down on travel. Not sure what I'm doing with my NYCSL teams yet.
                          So what happens with EDP North?

Comment

So what happens with EDP North?
                            EDP North has a number of teams in it from NYC, Westchester and the surrounding areas. They may be a division smaller without the LI teams but they will survive just fine.

Comment

EDP North has a number of teams in it from NYC, Westchester and the surrounding areas. They may be a division smaller without the LI teams but they will survive just fine.
                              That would be a bummer. It's not that big as it is. Maybe they re-jigger a few other divisions in the process?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X