Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Eugene's development is paying off. The wins are rolling in. They are getting an even better coach - the club technical director. Eugene can't afford to let its only u11-u14 premier team get relegated so no expense will be spared.
    Too little too late. Girls are bailing for PFA.

Comment

Yep. She managed to take the 2001 team from 2nd in state to bottom feeder in just 6 months. Good effort!
      Wasn't Eugene 4th in State (minus opl except fcp). Didn't last year end up Salem, FCP, Eastside and then Eugene. With Thusc & Wusc now back in the mix (& FCPecnl & CUecnl way in the lead but in a league of their own) Eugene is now 6th & climbing. Not much of a drop really. OYSA is so watered down now as it is, all the teams are pretty blah and on par with one another. Ok, with the exception of Salem. Everyone else will lose more players to ecnl next year and Eugene will move up to 4th or 2nd in OYSA.

Comment

Wasn't Eugene 4th in State (minus opl except fcp). Didn't last year end up Salem, FCP, Eastside and then Eugene. With Thusc & Wusc now back in the mix (& FCPecnl & CUecnl way in the lead but in a league of their own) Eugene is now 6th & climbing. Not much of a drop really. OYSA is so watered down now as it is, all the teams are pretty blah and on par with one another. Ok, with the exception of Salem. Everyone else will lose more players to ecnl next year and Eugene will move up to 4th or 2nd in OYSA.
        Eugene is bad. Very bad. They've reverted to playing their old defensive shell game that last couple weeks and squeaked out a win. They are going nowhere fast.

Comment

Too little too late. Girls are bailing for PFA.
          PFA is a better choice at this age group unless you have an in with the parent with all the power who is running the Eugene team.

Comment

PFA is a better choice at this age group unless you have an in with the parent with all the power who is running the Eugene team.
            PFA has the athletes. Not much soccer skill but lots of size and speed. Would run circles around Eugene if Eugene ever agreed to play them.

Comment

Manny was with UCLA not Stanford. Who knows or cares about Kat's wife or girlfriend? Jeez people.

With Christie gone is Kat going to use her as an asst. She did that at UNLV after she graduated the program. Paper wise its a better choice than Christie was, I hope they have nepotism rules at UO, does not need to increase household budget on player s behalf.

Or they can get Mac back.

Comment

With Christie gone is Kat going to use her as an asst. She did that at UNLV after she graduated the program. Paper wise its a better choice than Christie was, I hope they have nepotism rules at UO, does not need to increase household budget on player s behalf.

Don't think Mac has any interest in working with Kat. He has moved on.,

Comment

Maybe Kat is going to use her girlfriend as an assistant...maybe that's why her girlfriend stepped down from coaching the Eugene team...to free up time? Either that or maybe the Eugene club was quicker at cutting their losses with her than the Ducks have been with Kat... Oh, the soccer drama.

Comment

Maybe Kat is going to use her girlfriend as an assistant...maybe that's why her girlfriend stepped down from coaching the Eugene team...to free up time? Either that or maybe the Eugene club was quicker at cutting their losses with her than the Ducks have been with Kat... Oh, the soccer drama.
                    Wow! You people are out there and seem to love any hint of drama. My '00 dd loves her coach at Eugene as do her teammates (from all I've ever heard) and she's done a great job with them. No hint of drama with her and that group and they look forward to starting practices again with their coach next week. Makes me wonder who has what agenda with all this talk. Don't believe everything you read on here.

Comment

Don't think Mac has any interest in working with Kat. He has moved on.,
                      Agreed.

Comment

Wow! You people are out there and seem to love any hint of drama. My '00 dd loves her coach at Eugene as do her teammates (from all I've ever heard) and she's done a great job with them. No hint of drama with her and that group and they look forward to starting practices again with their coach next week. Makes me wonder who has what agenda with all this talk. Don't believe everything you read on here.
                        There's been drama with the '01 group...

Comment

Agreed.
                          Fact- if Oregon has poor results the next two years she's gone.

Speculation - welsh was released to show change was made after her 3 yr review w the ad or Welsch left for a better opportunity on her own free will. It's not uncommon for a coach to hire their spouse or significant other.

Examples:
                          Jerry and chastain
                          Tiffany Roberts and her hubby
                          Pacific's coleman
                          Hooker at Denver

Comment

There's been drama with the '01 group...
                            No drama from the coach. That was just from the '01 parents. The coach was truly developing the players but some of the helicopter parents simply couldn't stand all the losing. My dd is a superstar, her team is the best...it's the refs...it's the coach...

Comment

No drama from the coach. That was just from the '01 parents. The coach was truly developing the players but some of the helicopter parents simply couldn't stand all the losing. My dd is a superstar, her team is the best...it's the refs...it's the coach...
                              Sometimes those who lose the most turn out to be the biggest winners...

Comment

Is this an "alternative lifestyle" thread?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X