Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some college women's soccer coaches are kinda slow, their team reflects that from time to time. Watch a PAC-12 women's soccer match and then tell us they are slow.

Women's soccer > little boys soccer
    Florida State is better than PAC 12 so not sure that is possible. PAC 12 women is closer to BU11.

Comment

Some college women's soccer coaches are kinda slow, their team reflects that from time to time. Watch a PAC-12 women's soccer match and then tell us they are slow.

Women's soccer > little boys soccer
      I have and it's slow.

Comment

comparison

I have and it's slow.
        Women's soccer > slow minded poster

Comment

Women's soccer > slow minded poster
          So true. Also, they don't flop!!

Comment

Florida State is better than PAC 12 so not sure that is possible. PAC 12 women is closer to BU11.
            You < IQ of BU11 players

Comment

You < IQ of BU11 players
              I do think local D1 women's soccer teams would beat the best BU11 local club teams around here. But they would have to hack the little munchkins until they are crying to beat them.

Comment

I do think local D1 women's soccer teams would beat the best BU11 local club teams around here. But they would have to hack the little munchkins until they are crying to beat them.

A little older then U11.

Comment

It's just like basketball, top college women's teams would be easily beaten by average boys high school teams. Can't compare apples to oranges.

Comment

It's just like basketball, top college women's teams would be easily beaten by average boys high school teams. Can't compare apples to oranges.
                    That's absolutely true. A top BU15 or BU16 team would beat most women's college soccer teams. This is an old example, but the USWNT played the BU17 NT in a pre-Olympics friendly. The boys won 8-2. It doesn't mean the USWNT isn't filled with great players. It's just that the speed and size match ups are overwhelmingly in favor of the boys by the time they reach that age.

Comment

That's absolutely true. A top BU15 or BU16 team would beat most women's college soccer teams. This is an old example, but the USWNT played the BU17 NT in a pre-Olympics friendly. The boys won 8-2. It doesn't mean the USWNT isn't filled with great players. It's just that the speed and size match ups are overwhelmingly in favor of the boys by the time they reach that age.
                      And the BU17 NT completely let them off easy. As they should. If it was pedal to the medal you are talking about 15-0.

Comment

Wow. What an epiphany. You are saying that men are bigger, stronger and faster than women? Holy cow, that explains it. So glad TS is here to enlighten us.

So overall, is this just another attempt by people to bash women's sports? Or women in general? As a parent, I'm proud as hell my dd is going to play D1 soccer, regardless of what some people think about it. I don't think anyone says that it's as fast or the same as men's soccer. I don't care. I love watching her play. I think that some of this bashing is going on by parents of kids, both boys and girls, who don't have kids good enough to play in college, much less D1. So it's a convenient way to put it down. To that, I just say I'm so sorry your kid is mediocre. They appear to have let you down in life. Maybe you can find another outlet for your life since your kid sucks so badly.

Comment

Wow. What an epiphany. You are saying that men are bigger, stronger and faster than women? Holy cow, that explains it. So glad TS is here to enlighten us.

So overall, is this just another attempt by people to bash women's sports? Or women in general? As a parent, I'm proud as hell my dd is going to play D1 soccer, regardless of what some people think about it. I don't think anyone says that it's as fast or the same as men's soccer. I don't care. I love watching her play. I think that some of this bashing is going on by parents of kids, both boys and girls, who don't have kids good enough to play in college, much less D1. So it's a convenient way to put it down. To that, I just say I'm so sorry your kid is mediocre. They appear to have let you down in life. Maybe you can find another outlet for your life since your kid sucks so badly.
                          Sounds to me that you are one doing the bashing. You must be a Jesuit parent with holier than thou attitude. Be proud all you want. D1 soccer is a nice little feather in your DD's cap.

Comment

OMG. PLEASE. Woopty-doo for you. Get your priorities straight. My kid may or may not play D1, but I would never want to be like you. Hopefully your kid has a different role model.

Comment

Sounds to me that you are one doing the bashing. You must be a Jesuit parent with holier than thou attitude. Be proud all you want. D1 soccer is a nice little feather in your DD's cap.
                              Sorry your kid isn't any good. And I'd never send a kid to Jesuit. Why drive 45 minutes to go to a school that isn't any better than the local public one.

Comment

A top BU15 or BU16 team yes. An average team, no. We have actually seen this theory tested at our club by girl's teams playing boy's teams a couple of years younger in soccer. Most of the time the older team won. Our girl's High School soccer team scrimmaged the boys JV team and slaughtered them. So, it is all relative and of course I would expect national team caliber boys to be faster than girls.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X