Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those athletes from other clubs gravitate to THUSC because they know they need more development than they are getting at their neighborhood TA club.
    The word 'Development' and 'THUSC' should never be put in the same sentence. They do not know what it means over there. I would use a 'D' word though...DINOSAUR!!

Comment

All you have to us go check OYSA standings. You will see a pattern from U11 to U14 of whonis in the top. Look at what clubs are in gold in every division. Youbwill see a pattern. Look at clubs with multiple teams in the top 2 or 3 divisions. You will see a pattern. I bet if they posted U10 results you would see the same pattern. Now come back after looking and tell me who is developing and who are flash in the pan clubs. Repeat after me. You .... will .... see .... a .... ???

Comment

All you have to us go check OYSA standings. You will see a pattern from U11 to U14 of whonis in the top. Look at what clubs are in gold in every division. Youbwill see a pattern. Look at clubs with multiple teams in the top 2 or 3 divisions. You will see a pattern. I bet if they posted U10 results you would see the same pattern. Now come back after looking and tell me who is developing and who are flash in the pan clubs. Repeat after me. You .... will .... see .... a .... ???
        Is it Jesuit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Reality View Post
          I don't think you understood my post (or ever will for that matter)

Some people have responded with some ridiculous quotes. One being about development is about how many players they send to college. If that is your idea of development then in my opinion, you are way off the mark. Look at the drop out rate at all these so called 'Top clubs'. They are not capable of getting a group of players at U9 and coaching them. That team will change so much over a 5 year period and after that 5 years a lot of the original players will have quit soccer. This is a fact that some of you guys cannot see. Must be a bunch of Republicans that hog this site :-(
          These players that play college would have played college no matter what club they would have joined. If a girl is an athlete and she joins THUSC, FC, Westside, LO, BSC she will play college. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff. Yes, the club gives them the opportunity but they will still go and play college. Get real people!!!
          The year in, year out stats don't back this up though. West had a good team that send a bunch off to college. However, on average not very many, if any, go on and play in college.

'Drop out rate'? My dd has played from U11 and is now in H.S. with most of her teammates relatively the same at one of the two 'large girl clubs'. Every year there is some attrition as people move, decide on other sports, etc. But girls are not leaving in droves, nor have they ever.

The difference now and into the coming years is the reach of interested colleges. Previously it was the local colleges. With the advent of ECNL the number of interested colleges will expand beyond the Willamette Valley. But time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Reality View Post
            I don't think you understood my post (or ever will for that matter)

Some people have responded with some ridiculous quotes. One being about development is about how many players they send to college. If that is your idea of development then in my opinion, you are way off the mark. Look at the drop out rate at all these so called 'Top clubs'. They are not capable of getting a group of players at U9 and coaching them. That team will change so much over a 5 year period and after that 5 years a lot of the original players will have quit soccer. This is a fact that some of you guys cannot see. Must be a bunch of Republicans that hog this site :-(
            These players that play college would have played college no matter what club they would have joined. If a girl is an athlete and she joins THUSC, FC, Westside, LO, BSC she will play college. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff. Yes, the club gives them the opportunity but they will still go and play college. Get real people!!!
            The ECNL clubs always have multiple teams at all age groups up through U18. It's the Alliance clubs that struggle to hold together even one team after U14. There are reasons for that. Some day you may understand. Clearly, today is not that day.

Comment

Is it Jesuit?
              Do you have dislexia? OYSA. Not OSAA. Try again.

Comment

Let's go with Premier and Div 1 teams top 3:
                Boys U11 - Prem
                LADF
                WST
                FC Portland
                Boys U11 - Div 1 Green
                WASC
                Cusc
                Corvallis
                Boys Div 1 White
                FC Portland
                Foothills
                Southside

...not seeing a pattern yet?

Girls U11 _ Prem
                Pacific
                NEU
                THUSC

Girls Div 1
                PCU
                LOSC
                ETFC

Girls Div 1
                Timber Barons
                HSC
                NEU

...am I blind?

Let's just stick to Premier soccer.

Boys U12
                Crossfire
                WST
                ETFC

Girls U12
                THUSC
                SSC
                BSC

Boys U13
                Capital
                ETFC
                WST

Girls U13
                FC Portland
                WST
                THUSC

Boys U14
                ETFC
                FC West
                4 H Real Madrid

Girls U14
                Capital
                WA Timber
                RVSC

Well I do not see much of a pattern. So either your so called big three are not really that big or the others are catching up. I think it may be a bit of both. They are only big in the eyes of the clueless and it does not take much effort to catch them up. Anyone with an ounce of soccer knowledge would blow these clubs away.
                Repeat after me - I...am....CLUELESS!!!

Comment

Boys U11 - Prem
                  LADF
                  WST
                  FC Portland
                  Boys U11 - Div 1 Green
                  WASC
                  Cusc
                  Corvallis
                  Boys Div 1 White
                  FC Portland
                  Foothills
                  Southside

Girls U11 _ Prem
                  Pacific
                  NEU
                  THUSC

Girls Div 1
                  PCU
                  LOSC
                  ETFC

Girls Div 1
                  Timber Barons
                  HSC
                  NEU

...am I blind?

Boys U12
                  Crossfire
                  WST
                  ETFC

Girls U12
                  THUSC
                  SSC
                  BSC

Boys U13
                  Capital
                  ETFC
                  WST

Girls U13
                  FC Portland
                  WST
                  THUSC

Boys U14
                  ETFC
                  FC West
                  4 H Real Madrid

Girls U14
                  Capital
                  WA Timber
                  RVSC

Well I do not see much of a pattern. So either your so called big three are not really that big or the others are catching up. I think it may be a bit of both. They are only big in the eyes of the clueless and it does not take much effort to catch them up. Anyone with an ounce of soccer knowledge would blow these clubs away.

Great post! I like seeing the success being spread around. Not sure if the FC, THUSC and WST parents will like it? It does show you that the clubs mentioned are really not that special.
                  #keeppayingthosebigbucks

Comment

Girls This is about Girls

I see a little cherry picking here and you pulled a little slight of hand. But that's ok. I see what you are trying to do. Finish the assignment!

+ You threw the boys in to add some noise. We don't give a flying leap about boys on TS.

+ You stopped pulling Top 2 Divisions after U11. Isn't that when development starts to rear its pretty head?

+ You did not include Highschool and ECNL. Humm? Ok I will give you that one as a lot of consolidation happens then.

You have to be consistent and then you will see a pattern.

Comment

Boys U11 - Prem
                      LADF
                      WST
                      FC Portland
                      Boys U11 - Div 1 Green
                      WASC
                      Cusc
                      Corvallis
                      Boys Div 1 White
                      FC Portland
                      Foothills
                      Southside

Girls U11 _ Prem
                      Pacific
                      NEU
                      THUSC

Girls Div 1
                      PCU
                      LOSC
                      ETFC

Girls Div 1
                      Timber Barons
                      HSC
                      NEU

...am I blind?

Boys U12
                      Crossfire
                      WST
                      ETFC

Girls U12
                      THUSC
                      SSC
                      BSC

Boys U13
                      Capital
                      ETFC
                      WST

Girls U13
                      FC Portland
                      WST
                      THUSC

Boys U14
                      ETFC
                      FC West
                      4 H Real Madrid

Girls U14
                      Capital
                      WA Timber
                      RVSC

ETFC?? Eugene Timbers Futbol Club doesn't even have one boys team playing in Premier. You must mean Eastside Timbers (ET).

Comment

Any team can win with kick and chase at Ulittle. Look at the HS girls ages and the pattern is VERY clear. There are only 3 clubs in Oregon for girls. The rest are just taking your money to finance their boys teams.

Comment

how clever

Any team can win with kick and chase at Ulittle. Look at the HS girls ages and the pattern is VERY clear. There are only 3 clubs in Oregon for girls. The rest are just taking your money to finance their boys teams.
                          and those pretend " 3 " have boys teams to finance the girl side. You are such an imbecile.

Comment

I see a little cherry picking here and you pulled a little slight of hand. But that's ok. I see what you are trying to do. Finish the assignment!

+ You threw the boys in to add some noise. We don't give a flying leap about boys on TS.

+ You stopped pulling Top 2 Divisions after U11. Isn't that when development starts to rear its pretty head?

+ You did not include Highschool and ECNL. Humm? Ok I will give you that one as a lot of consolidation happens then.

Why choose the easier gender? Girls development is way different than boys. Clubs have to be capable of developing both. Take THUSC for example. Their program for girls is so called 'top three' because they choose the strongest girls and punt and run. In girls soccer, especially at the younger age groups, this is a successful way of playing. (For THUSC) Look at their boys program. Very poor and they need coaches that can coach. The club does not have this so the players suffer. FC are probably the most consistent but you cannot judge the development of a club on a specific gender. That's silly.

Comment

Why choose the easier gender? Girls development is way different than boys. Clubs have to be capable of developing both. Take THUSC for example. Their program for girls is so called 'top three' because they choose the strongest girls and punt and run. In girls soccer, especially at the younger age groups, this is a successful way of playing. (For THUSC) Look at their boys program. Very poor and they need coaches that can coach. The club does not have this so the players suffer. FC are probably the most consistent but you cannot judge the development of a club on a specific gender. That's silly.
                              What if a club is intentionally only 1 gender?

Comment

Just girls then...

OK let's do girls.

U12 Div 1
                                PCU
                                RVSC
                                ETFC
                                U12 Div 2
                                CUSC
                                WUSC
                                ***C
                                U13 div 1
                                HSC
                                WUSC
                                LOSC
                                Div 2
                                FC Portland
                                Pacific
                                WST
                                U14 Div 1
                                Corvallis
                                FC Portland
                                PFA Irish
                                U14 div 2
                                WST
                                Pacific
                                ***C

I am not getting this puzzle at all! What pattern am I looking for?
                                Got it...All the names end in SOCCER CLUB? I should have spotted that one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X