Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Timbers Academy is an embarrassment.
    Maybe but it will continue and eventually be just fine

Comment

Maybe but it will continue and eventually be just fine
      Not with the clowns strutting around thinking the Timbers patch on their shirts suddenly makes them pros. It's a joke and the results prove it.

Comment

Are there players that recently quit the U16 academy?

Comment

No.

Why are we talking about boys? This is T/S. It's all about underwater soccer.

Comment

I don't think they make it easy to quit. If you sign a contract to play, you are in for the year... unless it's a mutual separation. That's what I've heard anyway.

That said, There are at least 5-10 top players that chose not to tryout for various reasons. The 99's use to be the most promising group in a long time, really beating most everyone they played... including teams that are beating them now. 00's were similarly talented. I'm not sure why people left though.

Comment

Maybe they didn't feel like it was worth it and wanted to play in their high school.

Comment

I don't think they make it easy to quit. If you sign a contract to play, you are in for the year... unless it's a mutual separation. That's what I've heard anyway.

That said, There are at least 5-10 top players that chose not to tryout for various reasons. The 99's use to be the most promising group in a long time, really beating most everyone they played... including teams that are beating them now. 00's were similarly talented. I'm not sure why people left though.
                If you read up on academies, the players that stay, while talented, the lions share don't get good enough grades to play high level college soccer. Seems less and less worthwhile... Unless you're good enough to go pro.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X