Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coaches still like to go to see how the players who have committed to them are developing and playing. And even though it is U17, not all of the players are committed. Some girls who can easily play in college are still unsure because they are more worried about academics.
    Some do however, there are not a lot of coaches at the game referenced.

Comment

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/2015/07/...nd-id2-begins/

Comment

That was hilarious.

And who is the guy that says "come on Shultzy!! Yes Shultzy, yes!!" frantically 2,000 times?

Pretty sure the kids are playing soccer for themselves and not to perform like a trained seal for their parents. It would sure be nice if parents just kept it quiet. I'm sure the kids would really appreciate it.

It's not about parents.
        The mom hyperventilating and squealing everything her daughter's team kicked long was the topper. I bet she fainted at the final whistle.

Comment

I couldn't watch that video for more than three minutes. The hysterical parents screaming instructions non stop was unnerving. These kids probably already know in general what to do. "Go to space, go to space, drop, ...man on!, take it! Find her! Now!...,"

Ugh.

My goodness. Parents should stay home and watch on tv.

Comment

For the amount of time and money we put into this we parents are an extension of the team. If you watch that video there were three super loud parents. Two of them were just obnoxious and didn't know what they were talking about. But the other guy you could tell the girls really needed his input.

The mom who was hyper ventilating while giving instructions was way out there. Embarrassing.
            At this level the parents really become part of the game. You typically have parents that have college level experience and it can be the difference maker vs parents on the other team that might only have high school level experience.

Comment

At this level the parents really become part of the game. You typically have parents that have college level experience and it can be the difference maker vs parents on the other team that might only have high school level experience.
              I've been around parents with kids who are playing college soccer, they yell much better instructions from the sideline than the parents who just have HS players. Timing is much better too. And the offside calls are impeccable. Not to mention the hand ball calls.

Comment

I couldn't watch that video for more than three minutes. The hysterical parents screaming instructions non stop was unnerving. These kids probably already know in general what to do. "Go to space, go to space, drop, ...man on!, take it! Find her! Now!...,"

Ugh.

My goodness. Parents should stay home and watch on tv.
                I found it entertaining and funny.

Comment

I've been around parents with kids who are playing college soccer, they yell much better instructions from the sideline than the parents who just have HS players. Timing is much better too. And the offside calls are impeccable. Not to mention the hand ball calls.
                  Totally agree, and it goes beyond soccer. A little known fact is that Tom Brady's parents shout instructions to him on every play snap.

Comment

I found it entertaining and funny.
                    Which game is it? There are a few final links on here. The U14 slammers v surf? Is there a specific segment to watch? Please don't make me watch the whole thing.

Comment

ECNL Final

The person yelling "go Schultzy" with an English accent was the Crossfire Head Coach.

Comment

The person yelling "go Schultzy" with an English accent was the Crossfire Head Coach.
                        Really? Did he drink 30 cups of coffee before the game? He coaches her every move like she's U7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X