OC to end Academy for Younger Ages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Kind of big announcement are you looking for is your little johnny going to make the team? Marcelo will evaluate what he has. release who he thinks is not going to cut it. make offer to kids that deserve spots. One thing about this guy is he is not afraid to hurt mommy and daddy feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What Kind of big announcement are you looking for is your little johnny going to make the team? Marcelo will evaluate what he has. release who he thinks is not going to cut it. make offer to kids that deserve spots. One thing about this guy is he is not afraid to hurt mommy and daddy feelings.
      MV didn't care about hurting mommy or daddys feelings either. The announcement of OC dropping DA for younger age groups is coming. Why do you think they haven't announced the team's yet?

Comment

MV didn't care about hurting mommy or daddys feelings either. The announcement of OC dropping DA for younger age groups is coming. Why do you think they haven't announced the team's yet?
        They haven't announced the older teams yet either. Marcelo has to come in and fix everything MV screwed up. Has nothing to do about age groups

Comment

Here is all the proof you need about 13. 14, AND 15s everyone knew 12's were going away

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20190307-N...-201920-Season

Comment

They haven't announced the older teams yet either. Marcelo has to come in and fix everything MV screwed up. Has nothing to do about age groups
            Correct that Marcel has to fly out to Cali to watch the 4 rank DA and 13 ranked DA nationally compete for a championship - something MV created out of nothing with the mess they inherited.

screwed up? I say not, but be another MV told to leave the academy

Comment

Correct that Marcel has to fly out to Cali to watch the 4 rank DA and 13 ranked DA nationally compete for a championship - something MV created out of nothing with the mess they inherited.

screwed up? I say not, but be another MV told to leave the academy
              You must have a short memory I f I remember correct the 19s played in the Semi finals the year before the 17s 15s. both played in the playoffs. MV sucked and I am happy I don't have to drive out to children of the corn land anymore

Comment

Here is all the proof you need about 13. 14, AND 15s everyone knew 12's were going away

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20190307-N...-201920-Season
                US soccer is not getting rid of the u13 and u14 age groups like the u12's but OC is not going to field teams in
                These age groups so they can fully fund u15 and above.

Comment

Pretty sure they can’t arbitrarily decide which age groups to field , they have an agreement with the DA and would risk losing all ages if they did that.

Comment

Trump

You must have a short memory I f I remember correct the 19s played in the Semi finals the year before the 17s 15s. both played in the playoffs. MV sucked and I am happy I don't have to drive out to children of the corn land anymore
                    U are correct THE YEAR BEFORE. MV inherited a complete mess and has turned the entire thing around in a year including cleaning up the political mess which is why I'm guessing you have such a problem with it. prob a casualty of MV holding accountability

Comment

U are correct THE YEAR BEFORE. MV inherited a complete mess and has turned the entire thing around in a year including cleaning up the political mess which is why I'm guessing you have such a problem with it. prob a casualty of MV holding accountability

Potempa is a douche. Karma is a bitch.

Comment

Pretty sure they can’t arbitrarily decide which age groups to field , they have an agreement with the DA and would risk losing all ages if they did that.
                        Only in mid season. They can request to drop age groups in between seasons and not risk anything. There are a bunch of MLS academies doing this because MLS is leaving the DA altogether.

Comment

Only in mid season. They can request to drop age groups in between seasons and not risk anything. There are a bunch of MLS academies doing this because MLS is leaving the DA altogether.
                          But it is not happening 2019-2020 season

Comment

Correct. OC are categorically stating they will have DA at all ages if you ask them so who knows lol

Comment

Correct. OC are categorically stating they will have DA at all ages if you ask them so who knows lol
                              Who is exactly from OC is confirming this? I’ve heard they’ve missed some meetings and deadlines which is a concern for next year.

Comment

PARENTS BEWARE: Orlando City has decided to eliminate Academy Play for U14 and under. If your player was offered a spot at OC Academy for the younger ages please confirm with the organization as they are trying to bate the players and then offer them ECNL and Purple Teams once they have committed. ECNL players beware as you will be pushed down to Purple once you have committed.
                                Good luck!
                                http://www.ussoccerda.com/changes_to...ogramming_1920

ABOUT THE CHANGES TO U-12 PROGRAMMING
                                Starting with the 2019-20 season, the U.S. Soccer Development Academy will no longer operate U-12 programming. Moving forward, clubs and member organizations will directly manage Zone 1 (U-6 to U-12) development while continuing to uphold Academy philosophy and standards.

Why are these changes being made?

U.S. Soccer believes it's the right time to empower clubs and youth member organizations across the country to run their own U-12 programming based on the Academy standards and U.S. Soccer Player Development Initiatives (PDIs).

Since the U-12 Academy program was established in 2016, clubs nationwide have worked to improve their environments according to Academy standards. Within Academy Clubs, those standards and philosophies have even spread to teams not competing in the Academy. Outside the Academy, members have also worked to adopt Academy Standards in addition to PDIs. With clubs and members taking the initiative on these standards as they develop Zone 1 players, their environments can continue to improve without direct programming organized by U.S. Soccer and the Academy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X