Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another potentially interesting facet to watch is that the still-new Cheshire town premier program kids will be entering HS age soon. It'll be very interesting to see if there's a drop-off due to different club/training the bulk of the players.
    KM is a great coach. I have a feeling her player choices will not be made based on which club the girls play for.

Comment

KM is a great coach. I have a feeling her player choices will not be made based on which club the girls play for.
      I agree, I know her from AFC. Cheshire got lucky to replace one truly great coach with another. Will be interesting to see the Cheshire SC premier kids come online and see how the club has done with the training.

Comment

I agree, I know her from AFC. Cheshire got lucky to replace one truly great coach with another. Will be interesting to see the Cheshire SC premier kids come online and see how the club has done with the training.
        chesire the hot bed of youth soccer talent

Comment

Ginga State Champs AGAIN!!!

No other team has had as much success.

Comment

High school soccer comes down to having a goal scorer and a good goalkeeper. if you have that you can win a lot of games. Pretty simple formula.

There's very little difference between low level club training and town premier. All of those players play to about the same level. The difference makers on the field tend not to come from either of those places. Kids from town programs are likely going to be role players that step into varsity as a junior or even as a senior especially at big LL school.

I coach in the SCC and have watched Cheshire for years. They are always organized and play good soccer by high school standards so I suppose you credit AFC and former coach for that. I was under the impression that they had a senior heavy squad last year and graduated most of their strong players including the kid up top that scored all their goals. Might be a lean year so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Comment

No other team has had as much success.
              Shortest midget contest

State cup died four or five years ago.

Comment

Shortest midget contest

State cup died four or five years ago.
                it's a travesty - brackets are 8 teams if they are lucky. Just put an end to it!! Totally embarrassing for them to keep doing it.

Comment

Listen people cheshire sc is garbage

Comment

Listen people cheshire sc is garbage
                    Many towns have tried this over the years and it typically never ends well.

Fairfield United has premier teams for years. Those kids all sit on the bench at Warde and Ludlowe and watch the kids from CFC and Yankee play. Same up in Glastonbury. Hartwell soccer has premier teams which feed the JV team. Varsity roster is Oakwood, Wolves and FSA. I don't know Cheshire as much but I'd imagine it's the same deal.

The main benefit of any town based program is cost savings and convenience. Not a solution for better players in any situation.

Comment

it's a travesty - brackets are 8 teams if they are lucky. Just put an end to it!! Totally embarrassing for them to keep doing it.
                      Would rather be on a team that wins this and still gets to play in front of college coaches, than on a bad ECNL or NPL team that is always at the bottom where coaches don't want to watch after a certain point. Can say the same thing that traveling to all the showcases is a travesty as well especially when some of the teams are never winning.

Just because there aren't many teams that participate in the CJSA state cup doesn't mean other states are the same. Looking at the list of coaches that went to regionals last year that is posted on their site to watch is very good especially for teams not in the top divisions (ECNL, NPL, DA).

CT as a state due to size really isn't big enough to compete in all these leagues, there are a few teams that succeed, as whole it is pretty tough as its spread out, but doesn't mean should take away something that still serves a purpose to the teams that still play in this.

There were a good amount of D1 and D2 coaches walking around at the State Cup finals. As long as what is perceived as top teams for a particular league, it will always draw coaches since it can't hurt to watch especially if it is in their backyard. Never know who they might find.

Comment

Would rather be on a team that wins this and still gets to play in front of college coaches, than on a bad ECNL or NPL team that is always at the bottom where coaches don't want to watch after a certain point. Can say the same thing that traveling to all the showcases is a travesty as well especially when some of the teams are never winning.

Just because there aren't many teams that participate in the CJSA state cup doesn't mean other states are the same. Looking at the list of coaches that went to regionals last year that is posted on their site to watch is very good especially for teams not in the top divisions (ECNL, NPL, DA).

CT as a state due to size really isn't big enough to compete in all these leagues, there are a few teams that succeed, as whole it is pretty tough as its spread out, but doesn't mean should take away something that still serves a purpose to the teams that still play in this.

There were a good amount of D1 and D2 coaches walking around at the State Cup finals. As long as what is perceived as top teams for a particular league, it will always draw coaches since it can't hurt to watch especially if it is in their backyard. Never know who they might find.
                        You are writing your own story here and unfortunately for you it’s fictional

Why don’t you just say that your kid likes trophies and call it a day.

You’ve otherwise wasted everyone’s time with this rant.

Comment

You are writing your own story here and unfortunately for you it’s fictional

Why don’t you just say that your kid likes trophies and call it a day.

You’ve otherwise wasted everyone’s time with this rant.
                          Which part do you think is fictional? At the state cup finals this past weekend, UHart, Marist, BU, Southern CT were there watching, there were others as well. Does it upset you that these kids are getting watched?

You don't believe that coaches go to these events? You think there are absolutely 0 players on any of these teams that participate in the State Cup and at Regionals aren't good enough to play in college? Here is the list of coaches that attended last years regionals event, http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...ships/coaches/ I never said this was an ECNL event with 60 D1 coaches, but it is a good event for teams not in the highest divisions to be able to showcase themselves. For most kids that play in CJSA they don't get a lot of opportunities like that.

I think you're the one that is delusional. Keep drinking the koolaid that your big club spews. Just because you're spending 10k plus a year to travel all over doesn't mean your kid is better than some of these kids on a "lower level" team. There are other reasons some of the kids don't play on the highest level team, and it doesn't have anything to do with skill.

Comment

Which part do you think is fictional? At the state cup finals this past weekend, UHart, Marist, BU, Southern CT were there watching, there were others as well. Does it upset you that these kids are getting watched?

You don't believe that coaches go to these events? You think there are absolutely 0 players on any of these teams that participate in the State Cup and at Regionals aren't good enough to play in college? Here is the list of coaches that attended last years regionals event, http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...ships/coaches/ I never said this was an ECNL event with 60 D1 coaches, but it is a good event for teams not in the highest divisions to be able to showcase themselves. For most kids that play in CJSA they don't get a lot of opportunities like that.

I think you're the one that is delusional. Keep drinking the koolaid that your big club spews. Just because you're spending 10k plus a year to travel all over doesn't mean your kid is better than some of these kids on a "lower level" team. There are other reasons some of the kids don't play on the highest level team, and it doesn't have anything to do with skill.
                            Not the poster you replied to but let me ask you this. How many of the kids on the State Cup team have a college commitment? How many kids from last year’s u17 state cup champs will be on a D1 roster in the fall?

Most of the kids on those teams don’t impact a decent high school game

If it’s fun your kid, saves you money and time it’s a winner. Don’t bring college into and portray this as a backdoor into college. Have a look at the schools you mentioned (not SCSU) and scan their rosters for where they recruit.

The odds are that one kid on that field ?last weekend has a shot. Maybe it’s yours and maybe not

Comment

Not the poster you replied to but let me ask you this. How many of the kids on the State Cup team have a college commitment? How many kids from last year’s u17 state cup champs will be on a D1 roster in the fall?

Most of the kids on those teams don’t impact a decent high school game

If it’s fun your kid, saves you money and time it’s a winner. Don’t bring college into and portray this as a backdoor into college. Have a look at the schools you mentioned (not SCSU) and scan their rosters for where they recruit.

The odds are that one kid on that field ?last weekend has a shot. Maybe it’s yours and maybe not
                              Still comparing apples to oranges. Poster is saying to end State Cup. All I'm saying is, it is still an event for teams not in the top divisions to be able to still play in front of college coaches they normally wouldn't play in front of.

You guys are missing the point here. Everybody that does CFC United, FSA ECNL, Oakwood and Beachside DA are doing it because they want to have the highest opportunity to play at the highest level.

Previous poster says its fictional, I'm just saying they are wrong. Not saying that the kids will actually play at the school, but they are still getting an opportunity to be seen by those coaches that they normally wouldn't be seen by. Coaches don't necessarily care who you play for, but if you can play. Kids get found all the time not on high level teams.

Kids that are playing in CJSA or CCSL State Cups for the most part recognize they aren't D1 players. There are always kids on these teams that get to D1, D2 and a lot to D3. Some can't afford the 10k to travel all over this country, and even so majority of kids still end up staying in the region.

For the kids that win the state cup, it is still a good opportunity for them to go to a different event and play other state cup winners. I've never said this is a top event or the best soccer. The goal is still to be able to perform at the top of whatever league your in.

Comment

if they held a state cup and no one played would it still be a state cup?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X