Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't necessarily disagree. But, I also do understand their reasoning.

1) Get as close to every player in the country as you possibly, logistically, feasibly can. That comes with a downside, as you are going to get some clubs that shouldn't be there, but on the flip side they may catch a player who is locked out from playing in some other leagues because they are in an area that has been locked out. Some of the leadership of those leagues felt it would be more beneficial to some of the clubs' bottom-line to put in two teams vs. opening it to more competition.

2) Agree with the HS. Never going to be popular at the older ages, and likely will gain more traction at the younger. It would've been better to just start it out at 2004 age (last year) to begin with.
    They can broaden their coverage by involving other leagues or revamping ODP. Keep the league itself more elite for actual elite players

Comment

They can broaden their coverage by involving other leagues or revamping ODP. Keep the league itself more elite for actual elite players
      Elite...now that’s funny!

Comment

Speak for yourself. As a freshmen, my D played varsity as a starter. She had a club coach as her HS coach and 1/2 of the team played club. Playing against 16 and 17yo opponents for your school and community, getting your name and recognition in the paper, and learning to deal with a 6 day per week schedule while juggling school and social commitments was a great experience for her. The similarities between HS soccer and College Soccer are too numerous to count, much more so than DA to College. You aren't doing your D any favors limiting her to DA and skipping HS sports. Heck, many of the HS standouts also played basketball, swim, track, and lacrosse. You won't be doing that in DA.

No one has a lock on player development, especially the DA. You tell me what credentials and training the coaches at SSS or NEFC have in DA that they didn't have when they coached NPL/NEP. That's right, there is no difference. Those coaches didn't magically become great developers of talent overnight. It has more to do with the player and opportunities to get touches on the ball while pushing their speed of play and physical development. Guess what, playing up a year or two does wonders for that, which is what HS offers and is what college requires. Ask the SSS NT players whether playing up was beneficial.

As to the sub rules, players develop being on the field. No one benefits when you can't sub back in after being subbed off. Roster size is a function of clubs wanting more revenue and the tournament circuit, which requires large rosters to be able to play in 3-5 matches over 2-4 days. Not to mention injuries and other commitments at the older ages.

Bottom line, GDA offers nothing for my player that she doesn't already get from ECNL, ODP, and HS. Feel free to do what is best for your kid, but mine is well on track for D1 college soccer without giving up any of the above, and most of the kids I know are similar. What do you tell the DA kids in a few years when they end up in the same programs as ECNL or NPL, but had to give up outside activities in HS?

I don’t enjoy random rants like you but since you asked in paragraph 2 my D coach has gotten a US A lic since becoming a DA club almost 2 years ago. Again just a answer to your question

Comment

I don’t enjoy random rants like you but since you asked in paragraph 2 my D coach has gotten a US A lic since becoming a DA club almost 2 years ago. Again just a answer to your question
          And that makes NB a good coach? For all purpose the licenses are necessary but it doesn't make a coach good coach.

Comment

And that makes NB a good coach? For all purpose the licenses are necessary but it doesn't make a coach good coach.
            Licenses are a "required" but that doesn't make you a strong developer of talent. Maybe teaches you some new tricks, but doesn't give you the ability to better develop players. LL and JD have that X factor to develop talent, which appears to be a weird maniuplative style, but one that's hard to argue with. Some won't play for them because of it. Other people love them for it. But I haven't seen anyone from NEFC or Scorpions with that same level, irregardless of licenses or coaching style.

Comment

PREACH!!!!! Someone finally gets it!! Thank you! Here's the deal, there isn't just one way of doing something, but multiple ways. If someone tells you its only one way, then you run as fast as you can.
              Clubs aren’t forcing people to do DA, rather giving players that want to go to the highest levels of soccer an option. If you don’t want DA, it’s simple, choose a team with less commitment. NEFC has Da for those that want it, but also offer NPL teams, as do many other clubs. Why all the fussing?

Comment

Clubs aren’t forcing people to do DA, rather giving players that want to go to the highest levels of soccer an option. If you don’t want DA, it’s simple, choose a team with less commitment. NEFC has Da for those that want it, but also offer NPL teams, as do many other clubs. Why all the fussing?
                Giving the rich suburban players that want it an option that is. DA did exactly zero to address pay to play even thought they blabbed on about what a problem it is. All the GDA did was give rich suburban girls more of the same that was already out there.

Comment

Giving the rich suburban players that want it an option that is. DA did exactly zero to address pay to play even thought they blabbed on about what a problem it is. All the GDA did was give rich suburban girls more of the same that was already out there.
                  Seems like you could describe the same for ECNL. And, to some, that's how they would describe NPL. And, to others, that's how you would describe NEP...

Again, as the poster suggested, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If you are not signed up, why do you care?

Some people drive BMWs, some drive Chevys. You do you.

Comment

Seems like you could describe the same for ECNL. And, to some, that's how they would describe NPL. And, to others, that's how you would describe NEP...

Again, as the poster suggested, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If you are not signed up, why do you care?

Some people drive BMWs, some drive Chevys. You do you.
                    I did sign up and this is disappointing. This product is being marketed as a BMW but is the same old chevy we had before. lots of youth soccer is a con

Comment

I did sign up and this is disappointing. This product is being marketed as a BMW but is the same old chevy we had before. lots of youth soccer is a con
                      That stinks for you. No Chevy here...been a totally different experience for us. I'd be perfectly happy keeping it within New England, but that's not an option. Blame who structured the pyramid before, not those who come in later.

Comment

DA is the top league in boys soccer. At best it's even with ECNL for girls and in the NE it's below it. Sure now players have lots of options. But the watering down of US soccer isn't helping to improve it. Fewer kids are playing soccer as well, so clubs and leagues are fighting for the scraps.

Comment

DA is the top league in boys soccer. At best it's even with ECNL for girls and in the NE it's below it. Sure now players have lots of options. But the watering down of US soccer isn't helping to improve it. Fewer kids are playing soccer as well, so clubs and leagues are fighting for the scraps.
                          How is USSoccer at fault? This is the result of exclusionary practices by others.

Blame is misdirected.

Comment

That stinks for you. No Chevy here...been a totally different experience for us. I'd be perfectly happy keeping it within New England, but that's not an option. Blame who structured the pyramid before, not those who come in later.
                            That is it. Promote your situation but dont assume that is appropriate to promote the entire league. That goes for any league. Youth soccer is about your own team coach and club. This league battle is nonsense and a con.

Comment

That is it. Promote your situation but dont assume that is appropriate to promote the entire league. That goes for any league. Youth soccer is about your own team coach and club. This league battle is nonsense and a con.
                              Exactly. So, when people come on and trash DA this and that, remember that.

Each does what is best for them. Some like it, some don't. Some think travelling to a different town to play a game is silly. Some think driving to a different county is silly. Some thing going to a different state is silly. For others, it's driving outside the Region.

Even within our team, some won't cut it and hate it. Most are very happy with it. That could change next year, too.

But, I will continue to talk about our direct soccer experiences.

Too many people who have no direct, or limited, knowledge about leagues and teams offer their opinions about them, and then wonder why someone like myself offers a balancing, experience-based opinion...

Comment

Exactly. So, when people come on and trash DA this and that, remember that.

Each does what is best for them. Some like it, some don't. Some think travelling to a different town to play a game is silly. Some think driving to a different county is silly. Some thing going to a different state is silly. For others, it's driving outside the Region.

Even within our team, some won't cut it and hate it. Most are very happy with it. That could change next year, too.

But, I will continue to talk about our direct soccer experiences.

Too many people who have no direct, or limited, knowledge about leagues and teams offer their opinions about them, and then wonder why someone like myself offers a balancing, experience-based opinion...
                                k. People have experienced garbage situations in some of these gda clubs (and ecnl, npl , etc) and those are also experience based opinions. And it not just the "bench warming losers" who are unhappy so you can skip posting that stale old comment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X