X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will offers go out for boys?

Comment

They said that the ECNL would hear by tonight and the other teams over the weekend. You will hear by email. My boy tried out and feeling much anxiety

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        They said that the ECNL would hear by tonight and the other teams over the weekend. You will hear by email. My boy tried out and feeling much anxiety
        Oh. The proposed coach just told us before tryouts our daughter was in. I assumed it was the same for boys.

Comment

My boy is an 06 and I have a younger daughter there already who has made the team for next year. Not sure if differences between older versus younger teams and how they notify kids?

Comment

My daughter was one of the few S+ kids who made an FSA team so we lived this first hand.

First 2 years there were about 150 kids trying out but it doesn't mean a damn thing unless FSA improves their DOC and coaches. Also, holding kids accountable to actually show up for training sessions would be nice too.

Comment

My daughter was one of the few S+ kids who made an FSA team so we lived this first hand.

First 2 years there were about 150 kids trying out but it doesn't mean a damn thing unless FSA improves their DOC and coaches. Also, holding kids accountable to actually show up for training sessions would be nice too.
              Tryouts weren't tryouts. At least, it seems to me, not on the girls' side. ECNL/NPL rosters maybe changed by one or two kids per tryout, but that was decided ahead of time based on kids leaving the club or not paying. Coaches at tryouts typically just spent the time talking to each other and not paying any real attention. If you haven't secured a spot before tryouts at FSA, don't bother trying out. Then, when you make the ECNL team, attendance at training is only mandatory for the bottom 2/3 of the roster. If you're a starter, you're golden. We took advantage of this, because my kid worked, but it wasn't fair and I'm sure some parents were unhappy with the situation (but tough, because my kid could play). Coaches did not prepare for training, sometimes blew off training, and so, training was an ad-hoc exercise in, well, exercise, really. Not much soccer going on at ECNL training sessions. (The NPL kids seemed to spend most of their time doing cardio, running, and the like, too.)

Comment

Kind of seemed the same tonight. All new girls on one side of the field.

Comment

Kind of seemed the same tonight. All new girls on one side of the field where they will get no more than a cursory glance by the coaches.
                  That is more like it

Comment

Tryouts weren't tryouts. At least, it seems to me, not on the girls' side. ECNL/NPL rosters maybe changed by one or two kids per tryout, but that was decided ahead of time based on kids leaving the club or not paying. Coaches at tryouts typically just spent the time talking to each other and not paying any real attention. If you haven't secured a spot before tryouts at FSA, don't bother trying out. Then, when you make the ECNL team, attendance at training is only mandatory for the bottom 2/3 of the roster. If you're a starter, you're golden. We took advantage of this, because my kid worked, but it wasn't fair and I'm sure some parents were unhappy with the situation (but tough, because my kid could play). Coaches did not prepare for training, sometimes blew off training, and so, training was an ad-hoc exercise in, well, exercise, really. Not much soccer going on at ECNL training sessions. (The NPL kids seemed to spend most of their time doing cardio, running, and the like, too.)
                    100 at try outs, 18 were from the Fsa blue team, 18 were from the white team (second team) another 20 from soccer plus ecnl team, so half. Some of that talent was already second team at Fsa. The other half had limited quality. Maybe a couple cfc branch players, a couple Oakwood players and the rest were a bunch of town players and third rate clubs.

Fsa kept them all and made state teams, npl teams, etc. all 💩 y talent

Comment

100 at try outs, 18 were from the Fsa blue team, 18 were from the white team (second team) another 20 from soccer plus ecnl team, so half. Some of that talent was already second team at Fsa. The other half had limited quality. Maybe a couple cfc branch players, a couple Oakwood players and the rest were a bunch of town players and third rate clubs.

Fsa kept them all and made state teams, npl teams, etc. all 💩 y talent
                      Stupid parents. No ability to raise the game at fsa. Total crap

Comment

All that complaining AND you still came back to tryouts. You have a problem, Maam

Comment

All that complaining AND you still came back to tryouts. You have a problem, Maam
                          Ok new kid offered asap but NPL. Didn’t seem like new players given higher team scrimmage. WWTD?

Comment

<giggle.gif>

Comment

<giggle.gif>
                              ^^^^^
                              It’s cute when Soccer Dads try to be funny but don’t know how to work the internet.

Comment

Ok new kid offered asap but NPL. Didn’t seem like new players given higher team scrimmage. WWTD?
                                You have some serious thinking to do. Is it worth playing NPL at FSA? It's barely worth it at CFC but at least they get a decent number of players recruited to lower D1 and D3s. Not so much at FSA. If she's not going to be a consistent starter at FSA you may want to consider a different club and league where you'll spend far less money and she'll probably have a more enjoyable experience. Same is true with CFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X