Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bravo! With the watering down of the ECNL and DA leagues with mediocre clubs you must be proud to win 5-0 against inferior competition!
    So weird how NPL and EDP weren't affected at all by the watering down of leagues...except for the fact that now instead of playing B teams of PDA & Stars (or numerous others) you're playing their C,D &E teams. And of course the numerous GDA badges in NY & NJ didn't draw any standout players from EDP or NPL...except they did, lol. But you keep on keeping on thinking your little precious and her awesome 3rd/4th tier league didn't get affected at all. Yeah, she'd cream any ECNL or GDA team if they ever got to face them!!!

Comment

I doubt it, they beat the heck out of the EDP and NPL teams when they play them. Unless EDP and NPL is now equivalent to LIJSL, which it probably is
      Doubt it. The ECNL teams from FSA, FC Bucks, Continental and more can't beat anyone. The PDA, FC Stars, Scorpions and even some of the EM/Smithtown NPL teams can, and routinely do at tournaments, lay a beating on these ECNL teams.

Try looking at some of the USYS National League teams/clubs. Stallions, Philadelphia Coppa as a couple of examples are very good clubs. Hell, in the 04 age group, MatchFit's best team is easily there USYS team, not their ECNL team but their USYS team used to be the SDFC Galaxy and when Matchfit took over SDFC they kept that team intact and didn't slot them in to the ECNL. So to make a blanket statement about USYS is just plain ignorant and stupid.

Comment

Doubt it. The ECNL teams from FSA, FC Bucks, Continental and more can't beat anyone. The PDA, FC Stars, Scorpions and even some of the EM/Smithtown NPL teams can, and routinely do at tournaments, lay a beating on these ECNL teams.

Try looking at some of the USYS National League teams/clubs. Stallions, Philadelphia Coppa as a couple of examples are very good clubs. Hell, in the 04 age group, MatchFit's best team is easily there USYS team, not their ECNL team but their USYS team used to be the SDFC Galaxy and when Matchfit took over SDFC they kept that team intact and didn't slot them in to the ECNL. So to make a blanket statement about USYS is just plain ignorant and stupid.
        Dude, you're grasping at straws here! I just looked at Jeff Cup in the 04 group (bc that's who you mentioned)-Umm, there was no laying a beat down on ECNL teams by any NPL or EDP teams or at least none that I saw.

I did however check out the Philadelphia Coppa and saw that they lost to a not-great ECNL team 8-0-so there's that. And as far as the Stallions go, they are and have always been meh. Losing their top players to CSA didn't help them and Cryer moving to STA GDA and taking most of the "A team" players with him doesn't bode well for their USYS teams. Not familiar with the Match Fit sdfc team, but perusing JC results they don't seem to be anything to write home about, not sure why you think they'd belong in ECNL over the current team, but you seem to have an agenda so I'm sure you'd come up with something!

Comment

Everything is still a pyramid (kind of, and oddly shaped one anyway). There's a finite set of players out there, even smaller for good players. All that keeps shifting is the bars on the pyramid and what name each bar goes by.

Comment

Dude, you're grasping at straws here! I just looked at Jeff Cup in the 04 group (bc that's who you mentioned)-Umm, there was no laying a beat down on ECNL teams by any NPL or EDP teams or at least none that I saw.

I did however check out the Philadelphia Coppa and saw that they lost to a not-great ECNL team 8-0-so there's that. And as far as the Stallions go, they are and have always been meh. Losing their top players to CSA didn't help them and Cryer moving to STA GDA and taking most of the "A team" players with him doesn't bode well for their USYS teams. Not familiar with the Match Fit sdfc team, but perusing JC results they don't seem to be anything to write home about, not sure why you think they'd belong in ECNL over the current team, but you seem to have an agenda so I'm sure you'd come up with something!
            I think the point is EVERY league, including ECNL and GDA has some very bad teams. Is there more good teams in those leagues than say NPL or EDP, yeah probably, but there are definitely very good teams in non-ECNL/GDA leagues. If you are on a good team with a good coach you will get to where you belong reregardless of league. The problem is too many people spew this nonsense. My guess is the parents on these sites that are posting how great ECNL and GDA are, are also the parents of the marginal players that probably don't belong on those teams and need to convince themselves of whatever their agenda is

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X