Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not a Smithtown parent here, but read through this thread a bit.

It seems some people are totally obsessed with Smithtown. I don't think any parent from Smithtown is even posting. They're a good competitive not for profit club.
    I'm not from Smithtown but I know all the parents and all the teams and I think they're all great!!!
    Wink, wink
    Lmfao

Comment

Susa, EM and Alby are ALL better options for girls! Nobody is looking at players outside of GDA and ECNL. While Smithtown is playing around in their rinky dinky leagues and tournaments, these kids are visiting colleges, talking to coaches, getting personal invites to private ID clinics and committing to great schools. Does Smithtown even have kids that are committed to play past HS?
      Guess not!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Guess not!
        didn't smithtown hs win a state or national title a few years ago?

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

They just won the Long Island HS Championship against Syossett and lost HS State Championship game.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Guess not!
            Looks like they didn't take your bait

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

They just won the Long Island HS Championship against Syossett and lost HS State Championship game.
              it sucks to lose the state championship....but is making it to the state finals a bad thing?

Comment

While awesome and admirable, I'm not sure what that has to do with players committed to playing in college like all the players EM, Susa and Alby have. There are plenty of HS teams that do well with primarily town team and LIJSL players, doesn't mean they'll hit the pitch in college...

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

While awesome and admirable, I'm not sure what that has to do with players committed to playing in college like all the players EM, Susa and Alby have. There are plenty of HS teams that do well with primarily town team and LIJSL players, doesn't mean they'll hit the pitch in college...
                  so by your logic all club players will "hit the pitch in college"?

Comment

so by your logic all club players will "hit the pitch in college"?
                    No, most kids on HS teams that play for town teams or LIJSL (which is what the post that I was responding to was talking about) will never play past HS. If a kid is interested in playing at a D1 or high level D3, it will be nearly impossible to do so if your only noted reference of accomplishment is winning stated or making it to finals in HS ball.
                    Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome achievement, it just won't convince any decent college program that your kid suddenly belongs there. There's an entire league (considered top rung) of players who don't even play HS ball.

Comment

Here’s some inside info don’t tell anyone at Susa.
                      You can go to the college camps at the college that you want to go to.
                      And they will see you...

Shhhhhh.

Comment

All the players EM, SUSA and Alby have? Please don't put SUSA in the same category as EM and Alby, those two clubs have a long proven history, SUSA has nothing. Whoever wrote this is a real idiot and clearly a SUSA kool aid drinker

Comment

Here’s some inside info don’t tell anyone at Susa.
                          You can go to the college camps at the college that you want to go to.
                          And they will see you...

Shhhhhh.
                          Not really though...most college ID camps have already seen and/or communicated with certain players and invited them to attend. And no, I don't mean the blanket email invite that they send to anyone who fills out the student athlete questionnaire-I mean real invitations, often times waiving the fee they're charging many others.
                          Then your kid gets there and they seperate all the kids who play GDA & ECNL from all the other leagues. Some even go as far as breaking GDA & ECNL into their own seperate groups and then having a third group of all the other leagues. Most of the kids they're already interested in will get the lion's share of attention and feedback. The likelihood of a random standing out is slim considering they've already seen or talked to the kids of interest.

You don't get it, GDA and ECNL have these coaches at the fields for their league games. Regular league games. I've seen Ivy coaches, ACC, Big East and a bunch of others lining the sidelines of regular games. Even the supposed worst of GDA teams are attracting collegiate attention. ECNL kids are getting unsolicited attention from schools they didn't even think we're within their reach.

This isn't specific to Susa and I'm not sure why Smithtown folks have such a hard on for that club...I'm talking about leagues not clubs. What's so interesting is my kid has friends on all 3 GDA teams and both ECNL teams in her age group and plenty of the parents chat and share information. Friends from other clubs stop by her games sometimes and we reciprocate when possible (that's how I know all the GDAs and ECNLs have coaches at league games). It would do you folks some good to stop being so defensive, it only screws over the kids in the end.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Not really though...most college ID camps have already seen and/or communicated with certain players and invited them to attend. And no, I don't mean the blanket email invite that they send to anyone who fills out the student athlete questionnaire-I mean real invitations, often times waiving the fee they're charging many others.
                            Then your kid gets there and they seperate all the kids who play GDA & ECNL from all the other leagues. Some even go as far as breaking GDA & ECNL into their own seperate groups and then having a third group of all the other leagues. Most of the kids they're already interested in will get the lion's share of attention and feedback. The likelihood of a random standing out is slim considering they've already seen or talked to the kids of interest.

You don't get it, GDA and ECNL have these coaches at the fields for their league games. Regular league games. I've seen Ivy coaches, ACC, Big East and a bunch of others lining the sidelines of regular games. Even the supposed worst of GDA teams are attracting collegiate attention. ECNL kids are getting unsolicited attention from schools they didn't even think we're within their reach.

This isn't specific to Susa and I'm not sure why Smithtown folks have such a hard on for that club...I'm talking about leagues not clubs. What's so interesting is my kid has friends on all 3 GDA teams and both ECNL teams in her age group and plenty of the parents chat and share information. Friends from other clubs stop by her games sometimes and we reciprocate when possible (that's how I know all the GDAs and ECNLs have coaches at league games). It would do you folks some good to stop being so defensive, it only screws over the kids in the end.
                            Someone's smoking some far out stuff. Coaches might show up for one or two kids, but talent is diluted with all these leagues and teams. SUSA is more like a wet fart to most of these clubs.

Comment

While this happens at some college ID camps, it certainly doesn't happen at "most" (at least not in my D's experience). The ID camps my D has been to aren't big enough (max 75 kids) to make separating GDA/ECNL players from the others and still have any kind of meaningful scrimmages. And iff you think separating GDA/ECNL players from the others actually shows anything during warm-ups and drills is meaningful to the coaching staff, you will have to do a good job of explaining why to me. In my D's experience, she has gone to a dozen clinics (D1 and high-level D3) and has trained and scrimmaged with a lot of the GDA/ECNL players without being separated from anyone (my D is on an NPL team). She was not invited to any of the clinics she has gone to (she just signed up after receiving the mass emails like most kids) but has managed to make the short list on a few high level D3 schools.

Comment

Someone's smoking some far out stuff. Coaches might show up for one or two kids, but talent is diluted with all these leagues and teams. SUSA is more like a wet fart to most of these clubs.
                                You can believe it or not, but I assure you college coaches are showing up every week. Since you singled out Susa, I'm not gonna lie, I thought they'd be a dud this year but they're doing a lot better than I expected. Pile on all you want, but it doesn't change what's really happening. I think it's great for the region on the whole, but I'm rooting for the kids-which I don't think you are, so the view is different from where I am.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X