Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    my dick is better than yours.. my goodness will you people ever stop with this ****.
    You could always start identifying as female to keep yourself out of the competition Sally.

Comment

Mine got several emails from D1 schools. All said they saw her play and gave the head coach’s private phone number but also invited her to their camp and when they said they saw her play, they didn’t say where...are these probably just mass emails? They were all long emails and talked about her graduating class but I’m suspicious. Advice from others who have been through this before?

Comment

Mine got several emails from D1 schools. All said they saw her play and gave the head coach’s private phone number but also invited her to their camp and when they said they saw her play, they didn’t say where...are these probably just mass emails? They were all long emails and talked about her graduating class but I’m suspicious. Advice from others who have been through this before?
        Were they schools she had reached out to before events? If there was no contact definitely be suspicious. But I wouldn't discount them completely yet. When she reaches out to them she should ask them where they saw her play. Many clubs keep tabs of what coaches were at games so that can help to cross reference

Comment

Were they schools she had reached out to before events? If there was no contact definitely be suspicious. But I wouldn't discount them completely yet. When she reaches out to them she should ask them where they saw her play. Many clubs keep tabs of what coaches were at games so that can help to cross reference
          All the coaches were specifically at at a couple of her games at the most recent big showcase so that’s a good sign but it is curious they didn’t say the name of the showcase. Makes me wonder but she’ll follow up with the ones she’s interested in to see. She also got a call from a lower D1 that is very interested who saw her at the same showcase. She didn’t reach out to that school before the showcase but the head coach liked what he saw enough to personally call her on the 15th so I guess players really can get interest if a coach just happens to see them for whatever reason.

Comment

All the coaches were specifically at at a couple of her games at the most recent big showcase so that’s a good sign but it is curious they didn’t say the name of the showcase. Makes me wonder but she’ll follow up with the ones she’s interested in to see. She also got a call from a lower D1 that is very interested who saw her at the same showcase. She didn’t reach out to that school before the showcase but the head coach liked what he saw enough to personally call her on the 15th so I guess players really can get interest if a coach just happens to see them for whatever reason.
            op here - they had a lot of emails to get out so I wouldn't read too much into it, if they were there. But like I said definitely have her ask. If it's unclear you can use your club coach to inquire. Focus on the ones she's most interested in, unless you have unlimited time and money. Don't we all?

Comment

Let's play "Would You Rather"
              Would you rather, she play Ivy and you pay,
              or
              Would you rather she go Power 5, and they pay

Insert whatever info you need to make the hypothetical real for you.
              I am genuinely interested in how others think about these things.

Comment

op here - they had a lot of emails to get out so I wouldn't read too much into it, if they were there. But like I said definitely have her ask. If it's unclear you can use your club coach to inquire. Focus on the ones she's most interested in, unless you have unlimited time and money. Don't we all?
                Good points.

Comment

or

We make too much to get need-based aid and not enough to afford the cost of Ivy league with 2 children. Easy answer for us, Power 5 and they pay. It’s just undergrad, so get the diploma, graduate with no debt, move on with your life.

Comment

or

Too broad of a question. Much too broad.
                    For me, I’d rather have to pay more out of pocket for an Ivy than say get 75% or even more at a much lower academic P5. But I wouldn’t pay more for IVY than the likes of Stanford, Vanderbilt and CAL Berkeley. If a player is smart enough to get into Princeton and good enough at soccer for them to be recruited by their soccer team, I doubt that player is considering Nebraska, Oklahoma and the like as college options. Not that there is anything wrong with those schools! Just an example.

IVYs are need based and will cover any need and P5s don’t usually give more than 50percent even to great players so most might end up with lower total costs at an IVY anyway. Unless you’re rich and don’t qualify for any needs based money, in which case you’re lucky and go wherever you want that wants you.

Comment

Too broad of a question. Much too broad.
                      For me, I’d rather have to pay more out of pocket for an Ivy than say get 75% or even more at a much lower academic P5. But I wouldn’t pay more for IVY than the likes of Stanford, Vanderbilt and CAL Berkeley. If a player is smart enough to get into Princeton and good enough at soccer for them to be recruited by their soccer team, I doubt that player is considering Nebraska, Oklahoma and the like as college options. Not that there is anything wrong with those schools! Just an example.

IVYs are need based and will cover any need and P5s don’t usually give more than 50percent even to great players so most might end up with lower total costs at an IVY anyway. Unless you’re rich and don’t qualify for any needs based money, in which case you’re lucky and go wherever you want that wants you.
                      Way too broad. Might pay for Wharton but not for Dartmouth. Really depends.

Comment

Way too broad. Might pay for Wharton but not for Dartmouth. Really depends.
                        Wisconsin vs. Brown?
                        UVA vs. Dartmouth
                        Wake Forest vs. Cornell?

Comment

Wisconsin vs. Brown?
                          UVA vs. Dartmouth
                          Wake Forest vs. Cornell?
                          Brown, UVA, Toss up but leaning Cornell

Comment

Brown, UVA, Toss up but leaning Cornell
                            Even tho you are paying...
                            I can see Brown over Wisco, you figure it out if that's her dream.
                            But Cornell at $$$$ vs Wake for $

Comment

Even tho you are paying...
                              I can see Brown over Wisco, you figure it out if that's her dream.
                              But Cornell at $$$$ vs Wake for $
                              Isn’t WF in NC? If you’re a woman or minority...NY might be worth the extra cost.

Comment

Isn’t WF in NC? If you’re a woman or minority...NY might be worth the extra cost.
                                It is not Alabama or Georgia but you have a point. That is defintiley Bible Belt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X