Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just a question how many female coaches are there on the BBA staff? I think it's interesting how people say DA will be better than ECNL but for the BBA DA isn't the same coaches that were coaching ECNL last year? I don't think any parent from BBA or stars DA can bash ECNL cause more than likely their child played in it last year and or her coach was a coach in that league.
    Better as in more women? Sorry, but I dont understand your point. The Clubs control the staffs and its the same Clubs that have largely been part of the old boy network that has run womens club socccer. that applies to GDA and the ECNL. The only difference now is that the same OBN is no longer in charge of running the league and setting the rules/agenda.

Time will tell if that is good or bad.

Comment

Better as in more women? Sorry, but I dont understand your point. The Clubs control the staffs and its the same Clubs that have largely been part of the old boy network that has run womens club socccer. that applies to GDA and the ECNL. The only difference now is that the same OBN is no longer in charge of running the league and setting the rules/agenda.

Time will tell if that is good or bad.
      I guess time will tell. For the sake of arguing who knows what's going on in other states? This league could be benefiting other clubs/coaches. I'm sure there are a bunch of JD's around the country.
      It's is interesting I don't think either of these clubs have a female DA coach. Not sure if that means anything.

Comment

I guess time will tell. For the sake of arguing who knows what's going on in other states? This league could be benefiting other clubs/coaches. I'm sure there are a bunch of JD's around the country.
        It's is interesting I don't think either of these clubs have a female DA coach. Not sure if that means anything.
        There aren't many female coaches in the sport to begin with, let alone good and highly qualified ones

Comment

Their parents will claim that they chose to stay on the ECNL team when the truth is their kid wasn't good enough for the DA. What they see as a bias against size is in reality a bias for talent and against limited potential. There is not much objectivity is club soccer these days.

The other one that I love is the guy from CT claiming that the DA sux because Oakwood filled their DA team with what they see as lowly NPL players when those players were probably better than most of the CFC ECNL players they assumed were the target. Oakwood turns out nice technical players so why would they want to go raid CFC who really hasn't done much over the past few years. The term ECNL is not a definition of talent, it's just a league patch.
          true that

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            true that
            Pretty obvious attempt to bump your own comment. I can't even find it.

Comment

girls da

There will be very few opportunities to see DA teams play outside of there own DA team network. This Saturday Stars DA will be playing friendlies against some ECNL and NPL teams. Wish I had the time, but I would love to see the outcome of the 04ECNL vs 03 DA game. I'm sure JD will be kicking all spectators off the sidelines.

Comment

There will be very few opportunities to see DA teams play outside of there own DA team network. This Saturday Stars DA will be playing friendlies against some ECNL and NPL teams. Wish I had the time, but I would love to see the outcome of the 04ECNL vs 03 DA game. I'm sure JD will be kicking all spectators off the sidelines.
                Mon 9/4 Stars DA vs BBA DA (all ages) at Stars in Lancaster. Should be interesting : -)

Comment

girls da

Mon 9/4 Stars DA vs BBA DA (all ages) at Stars in Lancaster. Should be interesting : -)
                  Yes but isn't the friendlies stars vs stars teams? Was the poster saying that stars DA is playing stars ecnl? JD must be putting a tent over the fields for those games.

Comment

Many ECNLers are playing high school in the fall.

Comment

Many ECNLers are playing high school in the fall.
                      No one cares about that. Win or be gone is STARS only way. Monday will be a sell out for 4 games I'm sure. If I had a kid playing ECNL in HS or not I would be there front and center...

Comment

I wonder which side will broadcast the event live over twitter. This stars vs bba event just feels more " Must See" then a ecnl game for some reason. Wish I could go.

Comment

You must be really upset that the Patriots are losing in pre-season.

No one cares about that. Win or be gone is STARS only way. Monday will be a sell out for 4 games I'm sure. If I had a kid playing ECNL in HS or not I would be there front and center...

Comment

You must be really upset that the Patriots are losing in pre-season.
                            I must admit a little even thoe I have not seen 5 minutes of any pats preseason game BUT I guarantee it's nothing in comparison to you stars da & ecnl parents will feel about a loss to each other. That's what I call money. This maybe the best year yet on TS

Comment

Best Stars da team vs the best stars ECNL team. My money is on the 04 ECNL.. that team is stacked

Comment

Best Stars da team vs the best stars ECNL team. My money is on the 04 ECNL.. that team is stacked
                                If the 04's beat the 03's then what does that say for the rest of the da teams as you say it's their best.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X