Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCFC DA - Gender Inequality?

I just looked at the NYCFC website and in the FAQ section they state that the Boys DA is free of charge....and when I look at the Girls DA FAQ section they are talking about financial assistance for hardship.

So the boys DA is free? and the girls DA is 'pay for play'? How do they get away with that?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just looked at the NYCFC website and in the FAQ section they state that the Boys DA is free of charge....and when I look at the Girls DA FAQ section they are talking about financial assistance for hardship.

So the boys DA is free? and the girls DA is 'pay for play'? How do they get away with that?
    It's year #1 for the girls you dolt. Give it a little time. And, if girls aren't eventually free, who would they need to answer to? You?

Comment

It's year #1 for the girls you dolt. Give it a little time. And, if girls aren't eventually free, who would they need to answer to? You?
      My buddy's kid played for NYCFC academy from Day 1, and it was no cost. Agree with OP.
      Someone should notify the New York Post to put some light in this......

Comment

Because they are a professional Men's club

Comment

Add a little more Saudi oil money....solved.

Comment

GDA doesn't have the same push to be free like the men's side does. Only a handful (if even that many) of GDA clubs are free out of the gate. And unlike say a PDA that has a big revenue from other teams to subsidize DA tams, NYCFC does not (yes they're a pro team but they're practically brand new and they have to run free boys programs). For the most part MLS teams are not involved with GDA nor should they be forced to be, let alone do it for free.

Oh, and GDA is about power and money so you'll likely never see many free girls teams. On the boys side it's only with the MLS clubs - the rest are pay to play. Soccer in the US is largely pay to play and it's unlikely to change any time soon

Comment

GDA doesn't have the same push to be free like the men's side does. Only a handful (if even that many) of GDA clubs are free out of the gate. And unlike say a PDA that has a big revenue from other teams to subsidize DA tams, NYCFC does not (yes they're a pro team but they're practically brand new and they have to run free boys programs). For the most part MLS teams are not involved with GDA nor should they be forced to be, let alone do it for free.

Oh, and GDA is about power and money so you'll likely never see many free girls teams. On the boys side it's only with the MLS clubs - the rest are pay to play. Soccer in the US is largely pay to play and it's unlikely to change any time soon
              LA Galaxy (MLS) has two teams in girls DA (LA and San Diego) - both are free to play.

Comment

LA Galaxy (MLS) has two teams in girls DA (LA and San Diego) - both are free to play.
                And who else? We'll wait. There's only about 18+ MLS clubs not involved with GDA.

While we're at it, what is OW charging for boys DA vs girls? I recall girls being more expensive but I could be wrong. Boys used to be like $1700 and the last I saw for girls was $2500. If so - and again, I could be wrong - where's the moral outrage?

Comment

And who else? We'll wait. There's only about 18+ MLS clubs not involved with GDA.

While we're at it, what is OW charging for boys DA vs girls? I recall girls being more expensive but I could be wrong. Boys used to be like $1700 and the last I saw for girls was $2500. If so - and again, I could be wrong - where's the moral outrage?
                  OW fees are the same for both boys and girls DA - simply check the website. Stop shooting from the hip.

Comment

And all the hotdogs you can fit in your mouth at one time

Comment

OW fees are the same for both boys and girls DA - simply check the website. Stop shooting from the hip.
                      Well they're definitely not spending money on that website!

Comment

Both rose substantially to pay for GDA .... As did their u-littles fees.

Comment

Both rose substantially to pay for GDA .... As did their u-littles fees.
                          The point was made that the fees are the same for both boys and girls DA. The point still stands.

Comment

GDA continues to be an absolute joke. These poor kids and parents that are falling for it, good lord I hope they also get a big bridge in Brooklyn.

Comment

And all the hotdogs you can fit in your mouth at one time
                              ...says OW Mom enthusiastically!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X