Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry, but I agree with the other guy. I'm not saying it's playing the game correctly to ball hog, or take on 5 defenders, but the simple truth is that if she does "pull the trigger" and make the right pass, more times than not:
    a-Target player will not receive it clean
    b-Target player will definitely not consider returning it/combo
    c-Target player will not strike it on frame
    d-Target player will turn it over even faster than a 1v5

The top few HS teams may buck that observation, but not most.
    And that's why you hear coaches and fans yelling "take it yourself" to that club player. It's a different style and they have to adjust if they want to win. Ugly and selfish, yup.
    So, what your saying is that on, lets say 10 possessions, it is better for one player to turn the ball over 9 times than it is to trust a teammate? Got it. Have your kid give up soccer for an individual sport like swimming or golf. These are ECNL teams and most of the kids can receive the ball fairly well. The issue with lack of passing/receiving the ball or failing to combo is mostly because the 1st attacker never gives up the rock. If you have no trust for your teammates then you are on the wrong team or you are a very egotistical ball hogger. FSA struggles because they continue to rely heavily on individual efforts. Those worked great at U10 but at big girl ages, not so much. If you can't make your teammates better then you are making them worse. Bad players make the players around them look worse and vice versa.

Comment

So, what your saying is that on, lets say 10 possessions, it is better for one player to turn the ball over 9 times than it is to trust a teammate? Got it. Have your kid give up soccer for an individual sport like swimming or golf. These are ECNL teams and most of the kids can receive the ball fairly well. The issue with lack of passing/receiving the ball or failing to combo is mostly because the 1st attacker never gives up the rock. If you have no trust for your teammates then you are on the wrong team or you are a very egotistical ball hogger. FSA struggles because they continue to rely heavily on individual efforts. Those worked great at U10 but at big girl ages, not so much. If you can't make your teammates better then you are making them worse. Bad players make the players around them look worse and vice versa.
      R-E-L-A-X

The comment he/she was talking about was high school. Get off the U-little stuff and leave FSA already hating FSA Dad!
      Please read the stuff before blasting about ECNL, which you know nada about.
      Enjoy some Valium with your D-caf

Comment

Haha... Its the Nutmeg games. My kid played and they dominated the game. My kid just plays high school but even I could see the difference between teams. Apparently you have an issue with FSA in the venom towards them? Was your kid a bench player for them? Why the hate? My kid enjoyed playing with them.. Atleast 20+ shots on goal to maybe 3-4 and it was off a rebound from the post on a free kick. Hardly a well designed set play.
        Hope your kid doesn't play 10 in a box and hope for a penalty, but sounds like you care about a Nutmeg title... haha
        Good luck with your disgruntled way of thinking... Former FSA Dad!
        20+ shots and no goals. Talk about not finishing.

Comment

the shots were from 60 yards and rolled slowly into the awaiting keeper's hands

Comment

I hear you BUT I will let you know that most of the game, he had my daughter (who doesn't play club) and a girl who is a goalie play a lot up top and couldn't finish. (My daughter can't finish her meal)
            The coach was playing the girls all over and they HAD A BALL. Sure it would've been nice to get the win but the girls knew the better team..... as did the parents on both side. There were girls missing that played during the week also. Take in the game as a whole buddy.. It's not about wins and loses during these events. It's about getting their legs moving again after a summer off and having fun. Touches are more important than a W at this point BUT your small mind wouldn't see that.

Enjoy Mr W!

Comment

the shots were from 60 yards and rolled slowly into the awaiting keeper's hands
              None of the shots were dangerous and Pomperaug had the ball the majority of the game. I'd say 60/40 was on the opposing side of the field.
              Parent of kid who played in Bronze medal game and stayed to watch the Final.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2088848]

you'd be wrong- my kid has more assists than goals
                and she has a lot of goals - but thats probably because we don't play for FSA
                That's actually nothing to brag about. The best ratio is two goals for every assist. Every top attacking forward or middie in the world has that ratio. Means they are making the right decisions on the attack.

Comment

None of the shots were dangerous and Pomperaug had the ball the majority of the game. I'd say 60/40 was on the opposing side of the field.
                  Parent of kid who played in Bronze medal game and stayed to watch the Final.
                  As they say in Beantown, "Shaw"! Only a nut would stay and wait for 2 1/2 hrs to watch the game you didn't make it to. But then again this is TS and has plenty of nutz. But to make up lies about a game.... Nah, that happens also. Thanks parent of bronze medal game (?)

;)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2088954]

That's actually nothing to brag about. The best ratio is two goals for every assist. Every top attacking forward or middie in the world has that ratio. Means they are making the right decisions on the attack.
                    ill take the distributor every time- assists are gold-they make everyone dangerous
                    BTW i don't think op was bragging ,just stating that it wasn't his kid

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2088967]

ill take the distributor every time- assists are gold-they make everyone dangerous
                      BTW i don't think op was bragging ,just stating that it wasn't his kid
                      Yes if the others can finish... BUT the op was bragging with my, she and we phrases. How is that not mean THEIR kid?

Comment

You're nuts if you'd rather NOT have club kids on your HS team. That's just idiotic to say!
                        The game was one sided if you watched... the better team didn't win. Stack a box and win a free kick.. Woo Hoo, that's great soccer.
                        Maybe not great soccer, but apparently, in this case, it made for winning soccer.

I thought that is why you entered the tournament in the first place....to win it.

Perhaps your teams enter for other reasons?

Comment

Maybe not great soccer, but apparently, in this case, it made for winning soccer.

I thought that is why you entered the tournament in the first place....to win it.

Perhaps your teams enter for other reasons?
                          Don't think.... That'll help you.

Teams enter Nutmeg (in older ages), to 1) get touches (can't do that stacking a box), 2) stretch the legs out again during a summer break (can't do that stacking a box), 3) Have fun playing soccer (can't do that stacking a box).
                          Jesus, our goalie is working out her surgically repaired ACL from 8 months ago.

But if winning a Nutmeg game that way is why your kid plays? Oh well, good luck in HS this season. She should just join a kickball league, she may get a HR instead of a clearing.

Comment

You guys act like Pomperaug is a bad team. They were ranked #1 in Class L for a good chunk of last season and were state tourney semi finalists two years ago. They don't play kick ball and have a good number of ECNL and NPL players. The point is OP was making is that a team that's a true premier team couldn't medal. No one says all of the teams don't have premier players, just that only one premier team entered and won nothing. Yes, the team's play to win.

Comment

Teams enter Nutmeg (in older ages), to 1) get touches (can't do that stacking a box), 2) stretch the legs out again during a summer break (can't do that stacking a box), 3) Have fun playing soccer (can't do that stacking a box).

But if winning a Nutmeg game that way is why your kid plays? Oh well, good luck in HS this season. She should just join a kickball league, she may get a HR instead of a clearing.
                              its not how, its how many. you lost get over it

Comment

The funny thing is they didn't stack the box. The kids playing forward barely came back over the 50 yard line. They just played good D and your kids couldn't shoot. And yes I stayed to watch the final. Our team almost made the final game and we wanted to see who won.
                                You seem to care a lot because you are on here ******* and moaning that nobody is supposed to play these games to win. Next year just go to captains practice instead. Our team will be back and hopefully in the finals. And we won't come on TS and make excuses if we lose.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X