Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nah. It has nothing to do with the rosters. It has to do with FSA and their claims of greatness. Another debunking post.
    I completely agree with your statement about HS. Sometimes those club players hurt the team be trying to do it all themselves. It's all relative.
    we've experienced this (boy's side). Its a case of a club kid (a very good player at fsa elite) who is way too selfish and gets himself in constant trouble by ball-hogging and making bad decisions trying to always be 'the man'.

Comment

we've experienced this (boy's side). Its a case of a club kid (a very good player at fsa elite) who is way too selfish and gets himself in constant trouble by ball-hogging and making bad decisions trying to always be 'the man'.
      Still bitter? Thought the summer would help with that..... Guess not

Comment

Still bitter? Thought the summer would help with that..... Guess not
        No. Just someone stating the facts. Soccer is a team sport...isn't it? Should't you be a smart player instead of a stupid, ball hog? Just saying.

Comment

No. Just someone stating the facts. Soccer is a team sport...isn't it? Should't you be a smart player instead of a stupid, ball hog? Just saying.
          Maybe if your kid could run just a little he might actually get open and then get a pass
          But since he cant the good kid is alone

Comment

Maybe if your kid could run just a little he might actually get open and then get a pass
            the crux of the issue is that there are kids open, wide open. It's as much a coaching issue as it is with mr fsa.

Comment

the crux of the issue is that there are kids open, wide open. It's as much a coaching issue as it is with mr fsa.
              I've seen your type before. I'd rather a kid that's double teamed take a rip than a kid wide open that can't finish even if the goalie is on the ground with a picnic basket on the far post.
              Your kid is like Keyshan Johnson and "Give me the damn ball", "I'm always open"....sound correct? That's bitter
              Put yourself in the FSA kids shoes.... Frustration with kids not running onto passes, warming up the goalie with kicks directly to them, can't take someone 1v1 or 1v goalie because he is doubled and tripled... If I'm the coach for this high school, just do everything Mr FSA! Go baby! Go!

Comment

I take it your kid is the ball hog. If your kid would ever pick her head up she would see that many kids are open (now if we could only get her to pull the trigger on a pass). 10 touches and 9 are turnovers (the 10th is a lost ball that a teammate ended up winning on a 50-50). Why do coaches tolerate this over and over and not teach better tactics or find a replacement? It's really bad on the girls side at FSA and it does have to do with the poor coaching. Many of the outside players do not have the knowledge or discipline to stay out wide. Even the ones that do, stop doing it quickly as it is fruitless since they never get played. These failures result in turnover after turnover and forces at least 8 of the fielders to stay tight and drop until they have their backs to their own goal. Coaches need to make players play the open pass and do it quickly at some point in their development. This just doesn't happen at FSA in our experience (more than one kid there too). The "studs" (quick and athletic, often not very technical or smart) are allowed to keep the ball on their feet until it is taken away from them and deposited. They aren't U9 superstars anymore beating daisy-pickers all over the field.

-Another frustrated FSA parent.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2088716]I take it your kid is the ball hog. If your kid would ever pick her head up she would see that many kids are open (now if we could only get her to pull the trigger on a pass). 10 touches and 9 are turnovers (the 10th is a lost ball that a teammate ended up winning on a 50-50). Why do coaches tolerate this over and over and not teach better tactics or find a replacement? It's really bad on the girls side at FSA and it does have to do with the poor coaching. Many of the outside players do not have the knowledge or discipline to stay out wide. Even the ones that do, stop doing it quickly as it is fruitless since they never get played. These failures result in turnover after turnover and forces at least 8 of the fielders to stay tight and drop until they have their backs to their own goal. Coaches need to make players play the open pass and do it quickly at some point in their development. This just doesn't happen at FSA in our experience (more than one kid there too). The "studs" (quick and athletic, often not very technical or smart) are allowed to keep the ball on their feet until it is taken away from them and deposited. They aren't U9 superstars anymore beating daisy-pickers all over the field.

So your kid is slow and a non athlete? Only "Studs" are quick and fast? There are a few that have it all but you're correct on the coaching.... Awful for most part. Don't hate the players, hate the game... (That's being coached there). Would love to leave, but my kid loves her teammates. Maybe that's why they lost over 20-30 kids as a whole throughout its program.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2088734]
                    I take it your kid is the ball hog. If your kid would ever pick her head up she would see that many kids are open (now if we could only get her to pull the trigger on a pass). 10 touches and 9 are turnovers (the 10th is a lost ball that a teammate ended up winning on a 50-50). Why do coaches tolerate this over and over and not teach better tactics or find a replacement? It's really bad on the girls side at FSA and it does have to do with the poor coaching. Many of the outside players do not have the knowledge or discipline to stay out wide. Even the ones that do, stop doing it quickly as it is fruitless since they never get played. These failures result in turnover after turnover and forces at least 8 of the fielders to stay tight and drop until they have their backs to their own goal. Coaches need to make players play the open pass and do it quickly at some point in their development. This just doesn't happen at FSA in our experience (more than one kid there too). The "studs" (quick and athletic, often not very technical or smart) are allowed to keep the ball on their feet until it is taken away from them and deposited. They aren't U9 superstars anymore beating daisy-pickers all over the field.

So your kid is slow and a non athlete? Only "Studs" are quick and fast? There are a few that have it all but you're correct on the coaching.... Awful for most part. Don't hate the players, hate the game... (That's being coached there). Would love to leave, but my kid loves her teammates. Maybe that's why they lost over 20-30 kids as a whole throughout its program.
                    At FSA? Yes, pretty much the STUDS are the quickest and fastest. Not a lot of smarts or technical. Lost 20-30? More than OW or CFCU combined probably and I would bet on the rise. We are looking and I know many of the parents of the kids on my kids teams feel the same way. GDAP too new, but after a year we will all have a better feel for how the league will be and it is an option (don't want to give up HS but will consider it).

Comment

You're nuts if you'd rather NOT have club kids on your HS team. That's just idiotic to say!
                      The game was one sided if you watched... the better team didn't win. Stack a box and win a free kick.. Woo Hoo, that's great soccer.
                      Someone is bitter. Your team lost FSA Dad. You think you'd be used to this by now. Apparently the other team was the better team because they won. It sounds like your coach was out coached, your strikers were shut down and couldn't finish and your keeper couldn't handle a free kick. No team stacks a box for 90? minutes. Face facts Mr. FSA.

Comment

Someone is bitter. Your team lost FSA Dad. You think you'd be used to this by now. Apparently the other team was the better team because they won. It sounds like your coach was out coached, your strikers were shut down and couldn't finish and your keeper couldn't handle a free kick. No team stacks a box for 90? minutes. Face facts Mr. FSA.
                        Haha... Its the Nutmeg games. My kid played and they dominated the game. My kid just plays high school but even I could see the difference between teams. Apparently you have an issue with FSA in the venom towards them? Was your kid a bench player for them? Why the hate? My kid enjoyed playing with them.. Atleast 20+ shots on goal to maybe 3-4 and it was off a rebound from the post on a free kick. Hardly a well designed set play.
                        Hope your kid doesn't play 10 in a box and hope for a penalty, but sounds like you care about a Nutmeg title... haha
                        Good luck with your disgruntled way of thinking... Former FSA Dad!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2088734]

you'd be wrong- my kid has more assists than goals
                          and she has a lot of goals - but thats probably because we don't play for FSA

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2088848]

you'd be wrong- my kid has more assists than goals
                            and she has a lot of goals - but thats probably because we don't play for FSA
                            Most kids score goals at U-little... Someday your little Mia will grow into big girl and get knocked down by some bigs... it always happens to you bragger..... My, she and WE?
                            Doesn't matter if you play at FSA, CFC or OW.... your poor U-little Mia :(

Comment

-Another frustrated FSA parent.
                              Sorry, but I agree with the other guy. I'm not saying it's playing the game correctly to ball hog, or take on 5 defenders, but the simple truth is that if she does "pull the trigger" and make the right pass, more times than not:
                              a-Target player will not receive it clean
                              b-Target player will definitely not consider returning it/combo
                              c-Target player will not strike it on frame
                              d-Target player will turn it over even faster than a 1v5

The top few HS teams may buck that observation, but not most.
                              And that's why you hear coaches and fans yelling "take it yourself" to that club player. It's a different style and they have to adjust if they want to win. Ugly and selfish, yup.

Comment

I've enjoyed the last two pages bashing FSA, they didn't participate in the Nutmeg Games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X