Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For example, we have Dom Dwyer. He played youth for Norwich City (and got cut). Playing for a second-tier club means Dom Dwyer would never have gotten an England callup, he'd probably be 845th on the list. But, this guy can make the USMNT.

That is, at best, our players are second tier compared to our competition.

Oh, and as a side note, it is playing at college that got Dom Dwyer into MLS and USMNT, so any claim that we do not rely on the college system is off base, at least for now.
    Yeah, but he hits Sydney Leroux. He is doing ok for himself

Comment

Bruce Arena getting the job again is basically US Soccer admitting that we deserve our 35th in the world ranking and that is about all we should aspire to be.

Comment

DA getting the job done. Soon GDA will drop US womens ranking down to double digits

Comment

I am the reason, gotcha

We are only seeing MLS and Mexican players now because this is out of season for European leagues

Arena was brought in for one reason. To clean up the mess that Klinsy made by qualifying for the World Cup. So in that concept yes winning always matters

For WC qualification Arena will bring in all of the European based players,: Johnson, Pulisc, Cameron, Brooks, Yedlin, Ream, and Wood. Maybe others like Chandler, Miazga, and Lichaj

Yes those players will be supplemented by Altidore, Gonzalez, Bradley, Howard, Nagbe, Dempsey and Morris
          We need to bring back the rainbow uniforms to complete the transformation. We play FABULOUS when we wear them!

...somehow I don't think Germany is too nervous.

Comment

We need to bring back the rainbow uniforms to complete the transformation. We play FABULOUS when we wear them!

...somehow I don't think Germany is too nervous.
            Why would Germany be nervous. They win the Confed cup with a B team.

Comment

Bruce Arena getting the job again is basically US Soccer admitting that we deserve our 35th in the world ranking and that is about all we should aspire to be.

Bruce Arena getting the job again is admission that Klinsmann was an awful choice and the US needs to dig out of the hole they dug for World Cup qualification

Arena is gone after 2018 ... that's common knowledge. I am not sure why we are focusing on him.

Bigger decision is who the next coach will be

Comment

Bruce Arena getting the job again is admission that Klinsmann was an awful choice and the US needs to dig out of the hole they dug for World Cup qualification

Arena is gone after 2018 ... that's common knowledge. I am not sure why we are focusing on him.

Bigger decision is who the next coach will be
                Klinsmann was self serving. At least we have a home grown guy. I keep reading we should have this guy from Dallas. Why Not? Arena is not the guy

Comment

Klinsmann was self serving. At least we have a home grown guy. I keep reading we should have this guy from Dallas. Why Not? Arena is not the guy
                  Oscar Pareja is a very good choice for coach post Arena. Pareja isn't home grown

Comment

I am the reason, gotcha

We are only seeing MLS and Mexican players now because this is out of season for European leagues

Arena was brought in for one reason. To clean up the mess that Klinsy made by qualifying for the World Cup. So in that concept yes winning always matters

For WC qualification Arena will bring in all of the European based players,: Johnson, Pulisc, Cameron, Brooks, Yedlin, Ream, and Wood. Maybe others like Chandler, Miazga, and Lichaj

Yes those players will be supplemented by Altidore, Gonzalez, Bradley, Howard, Nagbe, Dempsey and Morris
                    You mean the players that JK unearthed ? Right. You dont read well. They are both bad for different reasons.

Arena ? dig out of mess? wow - optics. The man is playing the softest schedule possible. Like JK would not have made the WC. lolololo. Its harder not to out of CONCACAF.

Still we ar off topic.

The US perfomance was embarrassing and they have been for a while in terms of QUALITY.

Comment

You mean the players that JK unearthed ? Right. You dont read well. They are both bad for different reasons.

Arena ? dig out of mess? wow - optics. The man is playing the softest schedule possible. Like JK would not have made the WC. lolololo. Its harder not to out of CONCACAF.

Still we ar off topic.

The US perfomance was embarrassing and they have been for a while in terms of QUALITY.
                      i thought all we played were MLS players. But when it was showed that at least half the team is European based, you move the goal post. Klinsmann did expand the pool by bringing in some German Americans. He also brought in Julian Green and Aron Johanson too

The US team under Klinsmann was floundering. He lost the respect of the players. He lost the team. That's why he was fired. That's why USSF went to Arena. They didn't want the hole to get any deeper. This has all been chronicled. Read up on it

Comment

All you "experts" about the USMNT should really be asking yourselves a couple of questions.

1. If you don't like the quality of the players on the MNT roster, tell me another 17-18 players we have who are eligible and better than the squad we have now. Come on, who should be wearing the NT jersey if not these fellows?

2. If you don't like the coach of the MNT, why not tell us why and who is a better choice for the job and why?

In the end, the pool of players is the pool of players. Are you saying we are not dressing America's best soccer players on the NT? And who else has the coaching credentials to lead us through another round of qualifying and through the WC itself?

For me, the only other viable coaching choice that we can likely get, would be Bob Bradley. I thought him a solid coach for the program.

Comment

All you "experts" about the USMNT should really be asking yourselves a couple of questions.

1. If you don't like the quality of the players on the MNT roster, tell me another 17-18 players we have who are eligible and better than the squad we have now. Come on, who should be wearing the NT jersey if not these fellows?

2. If you don't like the coach of the MNT, why not tell us why and who is a better choice for the job and why?

In the end, the pool of players is the pool of players. Are you saying we are not dressing America's best soccer players on the NT? And who else has the coaching credentials to lead us through another round of qualifying and through the WC itself?

For me, the only other viable coaching choice that we can likely get, would be Bob Bradley. I thought him a solid coach for the program.
                          ? the issue is WHY is the pool of players what it is?

Comment

? the issue is WHY is the pool of players what it is?
                            This is where USSF and DA falls flat on its face. It's been ten years now. Everyone says the NT is the old guard that came up pretty DA and that's why we suck. What excuse is there for u18 or even u23? The best new player CP wasn't developed in a traditional model at all.

Comment

This is where USSF and DA falls flat on its face. It's been ten years now. Everyone says the NT is the old guard that came up pretty DA and that's why we suck. What excuse is there for u18 or even u23? The best new player CP wasn't developed in a traditional model at all.
                              Actually this cycle the younger USYNT boys teams have done very well. Pulisic didn't even play ... future is looking good

Comment

Pay me to spend my time scouting and I will find teachable players (and trainers) that will kick the crap out of the group masquerading as soccer players in the Gold cup.

I know what me eyes and common sense tell me: This group (with a couple exceptions) are dead enders, led by the son of your choice for coach. That suggestion should be enough to get you banned from this site permanently.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X