Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uconn women's soccer

I have a feeling they take a significant step backwards this year.

Give them a couple of years heard they picked up a couple 01's from Oakwood on a full ride..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have a feeling they take a significant step backwards this year.
      A fascinating essay. I like the way you used examples and data to back up your argument. It would be hard to debate such a well reasoned and proven thesis.

Comment

The lawsuit PR had to have hurt recruiting. Maybe not this year's incoming because they were probably all committed, but moving forward. I don't know if they settled the case but the coach didn't come out smelling like roses.

https://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...noriana-radwan

Comment

UCon women will be very good again this year. They picked up a bunch of top internationals and a transfer GK. They will be fine just you watch.

Comment

The lawsuit PR had to have hurt recruiting. Maybe not this year's incoming because they were probably all committed, but moving forward. I don't know if they settled the case but the coach didn't come out smelling like roses.

8 month old article and you think its impactful?no one cares if she sues ,certainly not someone looking at a scholarship. her fault,her problem no impact

Comment

Give them a couple of years heard they picked up a couple 01's from Oakwood on a full ride..

Amazing!!!

Comment

8 month old article and you think its impactful?no one cares if she sues ,certainly not someone looking at a scholarship. her fault,her problem no impact
                Not the op and I disagree. That story was covered extensively nation wide. It makes the coach look like he'll rescind your scholarship in the blink of an eye. My player wasn't looking at UCONN but that story was a reminder to her that athletic scholarships are fragile

Comment

Given what the boys get away with, this was harsh. And, there should be a repeatably reliably consistent mechanism for this kind of thing.

Comment

Given what the boys get away with, this was harsh. And, there should be a repeatably reliably consistent mechanism for this kind of thing.
                    that was the point of her lawsuit - that men in the revenue generating programs at UCONN get away with far, far more (illegal even) with few consequences.

Comment

Not the op and I disagree. That story was covered extensively nation wide. It makes the coach look like he'll rescind your scholarship in the blink of an eye. My player wasn't looking at UCONN but that story was a reminder to her that athletic scholarships are fragile
                      Parents don't care about stuff like that if their kid is in line for money. If the offer is at or near the top of their list, it will be considered heavily.

Comment

They lost a lot . Will take time to replace. Scoring goals is very hard to do - UConn lost 2 players who they relied on for that.

Comment

Parents don't care about stuff like that if their kid is in line for money. If the offer is at or near the top of their list, it will be considered heavily.
                          They care if they worry they could lose it. If UONN is your top choice for a school then great. But I'd be very leery of a coach who did something like that and make sure you could swing it if something happened. Granted athletic money is always at risk, but he presented as a lose cannon

not the op

Comment

They care if they worry they could lose it. If UONN is your top choice for a school then great. But I'd be very leery of a coach who did something like that and make sure you could swing it if something happened. Granted athletic money is always at risk, but he presented as a lose cannon

not the op
                            My friend's cousin has a friend whose niece got a full ride to UCONN for soccer. I am told that they told her to get good grades, not to behave like the male athletes, and to wave with all her fingers. Apparently, they are not worried about this incident.

Comment

A fascinating essay. I like the way you used examples and data to back up your argument. It would be hard to debate such a well reasoned and proven thesis.
                              No proven forwards and weak midfielders

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X