Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck at Gothia Cup

Understand there are a bunch of CFC, a couple of FSA, and some other CT kids heading to Sweden to play in Gothia Cup this week. We went a few years w/ a group from our old club and it was an amazing time. Good luck to all CT kids going!

BTW - they put most US tournaments to shame lol - over 1,700 teams from around the world....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Understand there are a bunch of CFC, a couple of FSA, and some other CT kids heading to Sweden to play in Gothia Cup this week. We went a few years w/ a group from our old club and it was an amazing time. Good luck to all CT kids going!

BTW - they put most US tournaments to shame lol - over 1,700 teams from around the world....
    Thabks dad.

Comment

How come we didn't get a call, Chipper?

Comment

How many college coaches there?

Comment

Tournaments are idiotic. Too many games against unpredictable competition in too short period of time. Recipe for injuries and purely result driven idiocy.

Comment

Tournaments are idiotic. Too many games against unpredictable competition in too short period of time. Recipe for injuries and purely result driven idiocy.
            YOU'RE idiotic ...... your translation is that my kid is super-de-duper special and plays in a league that does not do 2-game/day tournaments so they are not worthwhile (they likely have done recently or will do one a year, but you will overlook that because your kid is precious). Tell your little buttercup to toughen the f%^k up or risk turning out as soft as you. Going to Europe once in a lifetime to play in a tournament sounds like a great and fun opportunity to me, whether your candy-@$$ agrees or not. Tell WCSU I said to withdraw their offer to your kid.

Comment

YOU'RE idiotic ...... your translation is that my kid is super-de-duper special and plays in a league that does not do 2-game/day tournaments so they are not worthwhile (they likely have done recently or will do one a year, but you will overlook that because your kid is precious). Tell your little buttercup to toughen the f%^k up or risk turning out as soft as you. Going to Europe once in a lifetime to play in a tournament sounds like a great and fun opportunity to me, whether your candy-@$$ agrees or not. Tell WCSU I said to withdraw their offer to your kid.
              Ouch lighten up Francis, drink some coffee

Signed a totally different poster

Comment

Simmons started doing this a dozen years back. Glad the tournament has grown. Have a great vacation, everyone!

Comment

Not so once in a lifetime for me. I've been numerous times, to actual soccer playing nations in fact, and have been taken care of nicely. Played professional Academy teams and trained on professional grounds. Numerous times.

Sweden? Yikes. For boys soccer?

Comment

Sounds out of my price range......enjoy your vacation.

Comment

It's a fun vacation for the girls. They stack up well against the competition.

Not sure it's worth it for the boys.

Comment

Sounds out of my price range......enjoy your vacation.
                        How much do you think it would cost to send a team to Sweden for a tournament? Please assume no parents attending..

Comment

FSA has no teams on that vacation.

Comment

How much do you think it would cost to send a team to Sweden for a tournament? Please assume no parents attending..
                            Each player 700 round trip airfare, 100 per night times 5 nights, so 500, 50 per day times 5 days meals, so 250, 100 for transportation for the week, per player, and spending money.

So, 1550 per player plus spending money.

Comment

FSA has no teams on that vacation.
                              Not teams, players

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X