X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    #FakeNews
    His kid is so great to beat those teams that her and her teammates will be lucky to sniff some time on varsity by junior year if they don't get cut before that.

Comment

Not CFC ECNL, not fsa ECNL, and who cares about rush. Your daughters team is still bad but good for you. Don't come on here and announce they are a top premier team. Please list the exact teams they beat because they weren't the ones I listed ...... I don't even know your kids age but the ECNL teams two years down as well as oakwood's team would mop the field with your kids team.
      Lol. Look at this stay puff marshmallow dad demanding the list. Get your nose out of the JIF jar. You over buttered OB'D

Comment

His kid is so great to beat those teams that her and her teammates will be lucky to sniff some time on varsity by junior year if they don't get cut before that.
        #FakeNews
        My kid never played premier and was on varsity by sophomore year at cheshire.

Comment

#FakeNews
          My kid never played premier and was on varsity by sophomore year at cheshire.
          Awesome! And look how well they have done in the States.

Comment

Awesome! And look how well they have done in the States.
            ah the moving goalposts.....lolz.

but....
            but...
            but....

LOL.

Comment

My daughter's town premier team beat CFC ,FSA , Rush, Simmons, etc and we pay $ 150.00 a season .
              Put up the links to prove it or shut up. Good luck on jv. At least you got you money's worth in quality training

Comment

You beat CFC Alliance. FSA state team.

Comment

Lol the next FSA. For every one Farmington there's 15 poorly run town programs. I get why towns do premier - they're trying desperately to hold onto players. But the better players need to move up into better clubs and the rest should stay in travel.
                  I would agree with you that there are more poorly run towns compared to good ones. However the good ones do have a solid chance in competing since they have the resources. If you look at the CCSL standing for U12 since the topic is on u12 you'll notice town team finishing first or second for both boys and girls. Sure they will lose players to the BS, everton, shoreline of the world but if they continue to charge $3600-$4K per year where parents have to travel 30- 45min to freaking practice and have NO true home field your going to have kids/parents leave organizations. Just ask BS what happened with the might 06s.

Comment

I would agree with you that there are more poorly run towns compared to good ones. However the good ones do have a solid chance in competing since they have the resources. If you look at the CCSL standing for U12 since the topic is on u12 you'll notice town team finishing first or second for both boys and girls. Sure they will lose players to the BS, everton, shoreline of the world but if they continue to charge $3600-$4K per year where parents have to travel 30- 45min to freaking practice and have NO true home field your going to have kids/parents leave organizations. Just ask BS what happened with the might 06s.
                    I agree that you can have town programs do well at u-littles.....the proof is in the standings. The problem in CT is that you have a handful of clubs that have strategically positioned themselves in the top youth leagues in the country - ECNL for boys and girls, and DA for boys and girls. These clubs are BS, OW, FSA and CFC (collectively the Big 4) - all other clubs in CT are "locked-out" and are relegated to being feeder clubs to the Big 4. The Big 4, by virtue of their exclusive position, can invest and build infrastructure to further solidify their leadership position and continue to distance themselves from the rest of the pack.

Understandably, most all top players end up at these clubs and are offered unparalleled visibility via the tournaments and leagues these clubs play in. Parents rush to get into these clubs hoping their kid can stick....and many are not bothered much by the price tag. Given the Big 4's exclusivity in access to the top leagues, they can carry very large rosters on their "A' teams and offer the opportunity to play on their "B/C" teams with the promise/hope that a "B/C" team player can move up to the "A" team eventually.

Do the Big 4 have the best coaches and development record with U-littles in CT? No.
                    Do the Big 4 offer the best platform to market players to college and NT coaches? Yes.
                    Are parents lining up to get their kids into one of the Big 4 at very high prices? Yes.

Comment

I agree that you can have town programs do well at u-littles.....the proof is in the standings. The problem in CT is that you have a handful of clubs that have strategically positioned themselves in the top youth leagues in the country - ECNL for boys and girls, and DA for boys and girls. These clubs are BS, OW, FSA and CFC (collectively the Big 4) - all other clubs in CT are "locked-out" and are relegated to being feeder clubs to the Big 4. The Big 4, by virtue of their exclusive position, can invest and build infrastructure to further solidify their leadership position and continue to distance themselves from the rest of the pack.

Understandably, most all top players end up at these clubs and are offered unparalleled visibility via the tournaments and leagues these clubs play in. Parents rush to get into these clubs hoping their kid can stick....and many are not bothered much by the price tag. Given the Big 4's exclusivity in access to the top leagues, they can carry very large rosters on their "A' teams and offer the opportunity to play on their "B/C" teams with the promise/hope that a "B/C" team player can move up to the "A" team eventually.

Do the Big 4 have the best coaches and development record with U-littles in CT? No.
                      Do the Big 4 offer the best platform to market players to college and NT coaches? Yes.
                      Are parents lining up to get their kids into one of the Big 4 at very high prices? Yes.
                      Sounds like a "soccer" cartel.

Comment

Very True! but my argument is based on potential. The town programs have the resources to be very strong " FSA " as example. 'IF" the right strategy, Vision and organization structure is in place they could petition the ECNL. The first couple questions can easily be answered with a Yes. 1) Do you have kids ( yes) 2) Do you have the fields (yes) 3) Do you have the coaches (Yes) " although you could argue differently" 4) do you have the $$$ ohhhhh yes.

Question: If your town team was accepted in the ECNL or DA league for both and girls would you re-thinking your stance on sending your kid to the Big 4?

Comment

Very True! but my argument is based on potential. The town programs have the resources to be very strong " FSA " as example. 'IF" the right strategy, Vision and organization structure is in place they could petition the ECNL. The first couple questions can easily be answered with a Yes. 1) Do you have kids ( yes) 2) Do you have the fields (yes) 3) Do you have the coaches (Yes) " although you could argue differently" 4) do you have the $$$ ohhhhh yes.

Question: If your town team was accepted in the ECNL or DA league for both and girls would you re-thinking your stance on sending your kid to the Big 4?
                          "FSA" as example? I am confused. Farmington Soccer Club offers Rec and Travel in Farmington, CT and should not be confused with FSA (Farmington Sports Arena) FC, a premier club, which is also based in Farmington, CT.

ECNL and DA leagues are closed in CT for new entrants.....that was the point of my argument.

Comment

"FSA" as example? I am confused. Farmington Soccer Club offers Rec and Travel in Farmington, CT and should not be confused with FSA (Farmington Sports Arena) FC, a premier club, which is also based in Farmington, CT.

ECNL and DA leagues are closed in CT for new entrants.....that was the point of my argument.
                            Town Travel petitioning to enter ECNL or DA? Really?

Comment

My daughter's town premier team beat CFC ,FSA , Rush, Simmons, etc and we pay $ 150.00 a season .
                              Way to put a target on your kid's team dad...

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

Comment

As another poster hinted at, NO town team will EVER be considered for ECNL or DA. So I assume that was rhetorical or a "what if" scenario. You may have kids and fields, maybe even a few quality coaches, but the whole point of kids going to ECNL is to aggregate the best players in one spot. Sorry, but even a visionary town can't do that. It's already a mess that there are 4 aggregators. CT can not support those 4 with quality top to bottom.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X