X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scp, afc, southeast, Ajax
    How's the quality of these team's on the boys side?

Comment

How's the quality of these team's on the boys side?
      Spectacular

Comment

Spectacular
        Love the sarcasm but are they basically on the same level as some good town travel teams?

Comment

Love the sarcasm but are they basically on the same level as some good town travel teams?
          Yes that's about how I'd rank them. Town travel at x8 the price. Lots of town pop up premier's in cjsa too.

Comment

Yes that's about how I'd rank them. Town travel at x8 the price. Lots of town pop up premier's in cjsa too.
            So sounds like some big disparity between some of the teams.

Comment

So sounds like some big disparity between some of the teams.
              be careful of the u12 "Pop -up premier teams" you might get snake bitten. see ya in the fall :)

Comment

be careful of the u12 "Pop -up premier teams" you might get snake bitten. see ya in the fall :)
                Not in U12 but will be wary of the pop up premieres. Lol

Comment

word is CJSA is begging clubs to stay across all age brackets. CCSL is and has landed two clubs that use to kiss the CJSA ring. Premiere soccer under CJSA is all done.
                  Not such a horrible thing. Focus on town travel and let the clubs do their own thing.

Comment

Not such a horrible thing. Focus on town travel and let the clubs do their own thing.
                    Town premier isn't a bad thing.. If I'm not mistaken Farmington Sports Arena Football Club started that way and there are towns that have the talent to compete at a high level plus no fighting for fields turf, grass or indoor. They have the resources and $$$ if managed properly with a vision some of these towns can be the next FSA.

Comment

Town premier isn't a bad thing.. If I'm not mistaken Farmington Sports Arena Football Club started that way and there are towns that have the talent to compete at a high level plus no fighting for fields turf, grass or indoor. They have the resources and $$$ if managed properly with a vision some of these towns can be the next FSA.
                      Lol the next FSA. For every one Farmington there's 15 poorly run town programs. I get why towns do premier - they're trying desperately to hold onto players. But the better players need to move up into better clubs and the rest should stay in travel.

Comment

Lol the next FSA. For every one Farmington there's 15 poorly run town programs. I get why towns do premier - they're trying desperately to hold onto players. But the better players need to move up into better clubs and the rest should stay in travel.
                        Agreed agreed and agreed.

How hard do you think poorly run town programs are to turn around for the better for a sustained time? You have the issue of parents only having kids in them for a few years so the good apples that have a clue amongst the parents have a limited window to make a difference. And they can't do it alone. And the good apples are impaired by having to work alongside parents whose only vision for the organization is for their kids to get the most playing time. Or working alongside otherwise well meaning parent coaches who don't know the game or skills know the key skills to impart and who think 30 minutes of warm ups before a game consisting of everyone lining up and taking a shot at the goal is a useful endeavor (practicing foot skills? we don't have time for that). Or working in an environment with parents cheering the 12 year old kid after he randomly boots the ball down the field when it came within reach of his foot when he had 20 yards of free space he could have dribbled into. The status quo in a lot of these other towns is to put more energy into making sure there's watermelon or oranges after the game for the kids or in getting those pictures they can post on Facebook rather than energy going into improving soccer skills and the team and the organization. I look at the environment in travel and begrudgingly cut a check to my premier club because its by a long shot the lessor of two evils.

Comment

Agreed agreed and agreed.

How hard do you think poorly run town programs are to turn around for the better for a sustained time? You have the issue of parents only having kids in them for a few years so the good apples that have a clue amongst the parents have a limited window to make a difference. And they can't do it alone. And the good apples are impaired by having to work alongside parents whose only vision for the organization is for their kids to get the most playing time. Or working alongside otherwise well meaning parent coaches who don't know the game or skills know the key skills to impart and who think 30 minutes of warm ups before a game consisting of everyone lining up and taking a shot at the goal is a useful endeavor (practicing foot skills? we don't have time for that). Or working in an environment with parents cheering the 12 year old kid after he randomly boots the ball down the field when it came within reach of his foot when he had 20 yards of free space he could have dribbled into. The status quo in a lot of these other towns is to put more energy into making sure there's watermelon or oranges after the game for the kids or in getting those pictures they can post on Facebook rather than energy going into improving soccer skills and the team and the organization. I look at the environment in travel and begrudgingly cut a check to my premier club because its by a long shot the lessor of two evils.
                          Agreed. In our town several parents who know nothing about working as a team, never mind soccer have put a stranglehold on good decisions. These short sighted people ran a once great program into the ground. Everyone left and I mean everyone. Damn shame. It us a corporate governance problem in towns

Comment

My daughter's town premier team beat CFC ,FSA , Rush, Simmons, etc and we pay $ 150.00 a season .

Comment

My daughter's town premier team beat CFC ,FSA , Rush, Simmons, etc and we pay $ 150.00 a season .
                              Not CFC ECNL, not fsa ECNL, and who cares about rush. Your daughters team is still bad but good for you. Don't come on here and announce they are a top premier team. Please list the exact teams they beat because they weren't the ones I listed ...... I don't even know your kids age but the ECNL teams two years down as well as oakwood's team would mop the field with your kids team.

Comment

#FakeNews

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X